Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I very much doubt most people in Great Britain care much about Northern Ireland. In fact, most people my generation have a poor view of the country given the attacks over here which affected many of us.

I think the agreement sold the unionists down the river. It will be interesting to see where the political tensions will manifest. I wonder if the unionists will replicate the Catholics and start a terrorist campaign in the south?

I agree that the Unionists have been completely stitched. If you now look at the political and economic position, I can't see how there won't be a United Ireland in the very near future.

The Irony of it all was that Johnson, leader of the Conservative and Unionist party, has achieved far more towards a United Ireland in 12 months than the Republicans managed in the last 100 years.

Add to that the fact that ardent Unionists on here like JCFG and Chicken Run were so against Theresa May's backstop without any consideration of what would replace it, and you really couldn't make it up :facepalm:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The EU's failure in securing enough vaccine at the earliest opportunity is already a 'gain for us' .... UK 11.7% of the population received a dose, EU 27 2.4 %.

You know what when this whole pandemic start my immediate thought was we're an island national and it will be a "gain for us", we have more control. But with you have such weak governance overall it didn't help us at all

I hope this "gain for us" will get the death rate down but we're starting from a very high rate and sadly its too late for 50,000 families that have been grieving in the past 10 weeks

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I agree that the Unionists have been completely stitched. If you now look at the political and economic position, I can't see how there won't be a United Ireland in the very near future.

The Irony of it all was that Johnson, leader of the Conservative and Unionist party, has achieved far more towards a United Ireland in 12 months than the Republicans managed in the last 100 years.

Add to that the fact that ardent Unionists on here like JCFG and Chicken Run were so against Theresa May's backstop without any consideration of what would replace it, and you really couldn't make it up :facepalm:

Its still the strangest thing about Brexit. The obsession with sovereignty yet in tandem putting our Union of nations in peril

Ultimately, we will have a choice. Either a more sensible trading relationship (EEA or something similar) with our European neighbours perhaps via a more federal UK or its our disintegration as a Union.

If English exceptionalism persists I can't see anything else but the latter.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
In light of the warning that’s been posted elsewhere can you explain why you continue to bait JCFG? Please just give it a rest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good grief! When you consider the countless provocative, pointless, offensive and utterly ridiculous posts/comments/YT videos that have been proffered by the troll squad, that offer the sum total of zero to any points of discussion to anyone on either side of The Great Divide, and you come out with this faux holier-than-thou rubbish?

Laughable.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Good grief! When you consider the countless provocative, pointless, offensive and utterly ridiculous posts/comments/YT videos that have been proffered by the troll squad, that offer the sum total of zero to any points of discussion to anyone on either side of The Great Divide, and you come out with this faux holier-than-thou rubbish?

Laughable.

Just try to be nice going forward x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wouldn't want to disappoint, sorry for the delay, only just got in :thumbsup:

Another sensible thread into the Bear Pit. Yourself, JCFG/POTG?, Ppf and Baker Lite are all serial winners aren't you :wink:

I wonder if the mod who moved it could let us know which of the Main Board rules it broke ???

I'm not the moderator who moved this thread and I don't know which one did. However, you only need to read back through the last few pages to see why it was moved. It exhibits all the tribal characteristics and traits of threads that the vast majority of NSC posters are heartily sick of. This was actually a really interesting and informative thread when it was on the main board but it's been trashed by people who can't take a reasoned stance.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Quelle surprise ... EU fanboys ride to the defence of the gold stars on blue background once more ... even when any sensible person can see the EU has royally screwed up and it's the EU indulging in 'Vaccine nationalism' and using intemperate language.

When in line for your jabs perhaps you should refuse and ask to have it sent to Brussels instead :thumbsup:

There really is very little point trying to debate anything with you. All you do is rush around the perimeter fence making squeaky little jibes.

My view is as stated - the EU is paying the price for turning up late at the vaccine store. And yes, I would be saddened if the supply variations were such that I or one of my healthy children had a vaccination before a desperately needy old person. Even if that person lived and died in Bruges.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm not the moderator who moved this thread and I don't know which one did. However, you only need to read back through the last few pages to see why it was moved. It exhibits all the tribal characteristics and traits of threads that the vast majority of NSC posters are heartily sick of. This was actually a really interesting and informative thread when it was on the main board but it's been trashed by people who can't take a reasoned stance.

Watford continually complaining about threads being moved to the Pit because people can't take a reasoned stance conjures up an image of Zaha complaining about diving in football ...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yes, well whatever. Bozza has communicated a ‘zero tolerance’ stance which he outlined earlier today on the EU AstraZeneca thread. All of us, including me can up our game a bit.

If folk want to trade insults just swap numbers and form a WhatsApp group. Doing it on here will now result in Infractions which will tot up to temporary then permanent loss of access.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes, well whatever. Bozza has communicated a ‘zero tolerance’ stance which he outlined earlier today on the EU AstraZeneca thread. All of us, including me can up our game a bit.

If folk want to trade insults just swap numbers and form a WhatsApp group. Doing it on here will now result in Infractions which will tot up to temporary then permanent loss of access.

Sorry Bry, the question was almost rhetorical probably prompted by my frustration that it's the same half dozen accounts (and probably only 2 or 3 actual individuals) that manage to get the vast majority of the sensible threads to descend and moved into the Bear Pit. (One of the multiple accounters diving straight into your answer to me right above :rolleyes:)

I did think they were trying to move anything about Brexit into the Pit, but as you pointed out they even tried to derail the EU/AstraZeneca thread which was primarily highlighting mistakes by the EU :dunce:

Good Luck :thumbsup:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Does the zero-tolerance policy extend to people who continually claim a poster has more than one account (continually naming the specific accounts) ... when it isn't true?

If yes Watford is on a life ban :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Does the zero-tolerance policy extend to people who continually claim a poster has more than one account (continually naming the specific accounts) ... when it isn't true?

If yes Watford is on a life ban :thumbsup:

What I suggest we all do is draw a line and start again.

That has to be better than this.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Brexit: EU introduces controls on vaccines to NI

'Aggressive and shameful'

Mrs Foster said the EU had placed a "hard border" between Northern Ireland the Republic of Ireland.

"By triggering Article 16 in this manner, the European Union has once again shown it is prepared to use Northern Ireland when it suits their interests but in the most despicable manner - over the provision of a vaccine which is designed to save lives," she said.

"At the first opportunity the EU has placed a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland over the supply chain of the Coronavirus vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55864442

All Unionists and people concerned about the GFA should condemn this action ... apologies for posting on the right thread.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Voted leave as she hated health and safety and employment rules

Lets hope despite her business going down the toilet she gets her wish and we have no health or safety or employment protections

[tweet]1355207846560997376[/tweet]

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why are you posting this as JCFG and not POTG? I'm pretty sure I know, but it would be nice to get it confirmed :thumbsup:

1/ Is your theory on this interesting to anyone but yourself?
2/ To liven up the thread for yourself you could just tell everyone what it is that you are pretty sure you know, not sure anyone would be interested apart from you anyway but at least it would be a hobby for you in your old age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here