Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Out of the EU for a week and there goes Environmental Waste Protection :nono:

'Loophole' will let UK continue to ship plastic waste to poorer countries

The UK has been accused of failing to honour its promise to curb shipments of plastic waste to developing countries, after it emerged Britain’s new post-Brexit regulations are less stringent than those imposed by the EU. From 1 January, shipments of unsorted plastic waste from the EU to non-OECD countries were banned.

But Britain will continue to allow plastic waste to be exported to developing countries, despite a Tory party manifesto commitment to banning the practice, and promises of no regression of environmental standards post-Brexit.

Britain is one of the biggest producers of plastic waste in the world, second only to the US. It exports about two-thirds of its plastic waste.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jan/12/loophole-will-let-uk-continue-to-ship-plastic-waste-to-poorer-countries

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Scrolling through these folk muttering away amongst themselves is a lovely morning read.

Keep it up folks!

PS. Where's GAP, his input is the icing on the cake?
It's how you win arguments and change minds ... call people, racists, gullible, victims and morons[emoji106]

Mention his name three times and he magically appears.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's how you win arguments and change minds ... call people, racists, gullible, victims and morons[emoji106]

Mention his name three times and he magically appears.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

So few idiots left supporting this clusterf*** that you are having to take to quoting yourself now. That's desperate :lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
..and there you go.
Deflection and personalisation rather than politics.

OK, let's try this.

I have one view, you have another....that's politics, religion, football or whatever.

Whatever I say, you will micro analyse each and every letter to the nth degree then disagree anyway.

My reasons for supporting Brexit have proved right, and I'm happy.

I do hope that helps.

Time to move on.......maybe you should too.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
OK, let's try this.

I have one view, you have another....that's politics, religion, football or whatever.

Whatever I say, you will micro analyse each and every letter to the nth degree then disagree anyway.

My reasons for supporting Brexit have proved right, and I'm happy.

I do hope that helps.

Time to move on.......maybe you should too.

..and your apparent happiness at the dismay of other people on here? Politics? Religion? Football? Whatever?

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
..and your apparent happiness at the discomfort of other people on here?

Not at all.

My 'happiness' as you so eloquently put it is mirth at your reluctance to move on, accept the situation and make the best of it going forward.

If roles were reversed, I would fill out my 'hurt-feelings' report then move my life along.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Welcome to the "Costa del no longer possible" for those hoping for a life in the sun

"There's a lot of average working guys that have done exactly what I've done and it's just not going to be possible now"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55617849

It is still possible but you'll need a nice pension, your rights and protections are gone and you better be able to cover all your medical costs.

#brexitreality

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Excellent! Now you're in that fabulous position, you can list all these wonderful benefits we've been waiting so long to hear about.

Bit patronising, 'fabulous position'.

Difficult to discuss anything with that approach.

Still, I make a list, you say that benefit doesn't apply to you or whatever then we're back where we started.

It's quite a subjective, as well as emotive, issue.

But we knew that already.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Bit patronising, 'fabulous position'.

Difficult to discuss anything with that approach.

Still, I make a list, you say that benefit doesn't apply to you or whatever then we're back where we started.

It's quite a subjective, as well as emotive, issue.

But we knew that already.

Patronising? Surely being proved right is a fabulous position to be in, no?

Go on, list them all - we're all ears.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Patronising? Surely being proved right is a fabulous position to be in, no?

Go on, list them all - we're all ears.

Not a case of being proved right, is it?

Brexit voters had reasons for voting Leave.

Some personal, financial, family, ideological, practical or whatever. Alas it's not up to you to determine whether mine carried any weight, and I would not expect you to discuss your personal matters on here, as interesting as they may be.

My life has moved on Brexit wise, I would politely recommend that yours does too.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Not a case of being proved right, is it?

Brexit voters had reasons for voting Leave.

Some personal, financial, family, ideological, practical or whatever. Alas it's not up to you to determine whether mine carried any weight, and I would not expect you to discuss your personal matters on here, as interesting as they may be.

My life has moved on Brexit wise, I would politely recommend that yours does too.

Oh, I thought being 'proved right' was a big thing to you, after all, they were your words, not mine.

As for the rest - yep, just as I expected - utterly devoid of positives or content.

Same ol', same ol'.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Oh, I thought being 'proved right' was a big thing to you, after all, they were your words, not mine.

As for the rest - yep, just as I expected - utterly devoid of positives or content.

Same ol', same ol'.

How odd.

If a poster came on here, suggesting his or her business might now benefit from the new arrangements or whose personal circumstances may have ameliorated then they would be accused of 'pull the ladder up Jack' or gloating.

Simply maintaining that they have no regrets about voting Leave, and that we have left, is not sufficient though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here