Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wonder how long until Northern Ireland supermarkets switch to EU suppliers. The Irish Government are now shipping goods directly from the EU to avoid the UK landbridge.

Of course all goods can be transported throughout IRL/NI without customs declarations. Who wants so much red tape?

Capture.JPG

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Their product looks world class, yet Scottish fisherman are on the verge of losing everything.

The Vote Leave government have hung these people out to dry in the middle of a global pandemic, it was a political choice nothing else...

Will there be any government assistance?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1348060313032269824

#victimsofbrexit

What can anyone say other than this is tragic and there seem to be no 'sunny uplands' for this industry so surely there will be a big political price to pay.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What can anyone say other than this is tragic and there seem to be no 'sunny uplands' for this industry so surely there will be a big political price to pay.

Change, Change, Go-under...

The SNP sadly will exploit this.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wonder how long until Northern Ireland supermarkets switch to EU suppliers. The Irish Government are now shipping goods directly from the EU to avoid the UK landbridge.

Of course all goods can be transported throughout IRL/NI without customs declarations. Who wants so much red tape?

View attachment 132366

But Johnson is on video saying there would be no forms to fill in and telling a chap to get people to 'ring the prime minister' and chuck the form in the bin...

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Scrolling through these folk muttering away amongst themselves is a lovely morning read.

Keep it up folks!

PS. Where's GAP, his input is the icing on the cake?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you need a morning laugh, the comments section is a great read. A mix of 'boycott everyone' to 'how dare they protect their borders' and 'it's petty to enforce the rules'.

Also the old classic pops up " If it wasn't for us you would all be speaking German " !

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Scrolling through these folk muttering away amongst themselves is a lovely morning read.

Keep it up folks!

Why does other posters'/fellow Albion supporters' anguish/frustration make a 'lovely morning read' for you?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Keep it up folks!

Exposing the PM's lies, is that a lovely read? Each to their own...

The thing is other leaders around the world have the measure of him, like Trump he will only ever does what he feels is good for him and not what's good for the country.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

The thing is other leaders around the world have the measure of him, like Trump he will only ever does what he feels is good for him and not what's good for the country.

I think if he had answers to these questions he would reply.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why does other posters'/fellow Albion supporters' anguish/frustration make a 'lovely morning read' for you?

I would guess that if you have no friends, relationship or job and spend every waking hour of every day on NSC posting under various different accounts, then you would need to keep reminding yourself that you're really a 'winner' fairly regularly :shrug:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And back on topic

Brexit deal lets EU hit UK with unilateral tariffs

The European Union (EU) can immediately impose tariffs if it believes UK government handouts give British firms an unfair advantage under the Brexit trade deal, according to an expert.

The full implications are only gradually becoming clear of the 1,246-page deal, agreed and published only in late December and described as “fiendishly complex” by experts. Members of Parliament (MPs) heard evidence from legal, financial and logistics industry figures about its impact at a virtual hearing on Monday.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/brexit-deal-lets-eu-hit-uk-with-unilateral-tariffs/ar-BB1cFVA9?ocid=mailsignout

As it becomes clearer every day that the Government has no idea what it has negotiated, it certainly puts to bed the ridiculous notion that Brexit supporters 'knew what they voted for' 4.5 years ago. Surely, if this was the case they wouldn't have voted for a border in the Irish Sea, for the Services industry to be excluded from any deal, and to make sure import and rules of origin tariffs weren't re-introduced :shootself

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think if he had answers to these questions he would reply.

I remember about a year go I called on all Brexiters to give one example of enhanced International trade as a result of Brexit. After numerous attempts not just from myself the bar was dropped to....just gave us one tangible benefit of Brexit.

Still nothing. Frankly, it has surprised me. I didn't expect that. There are some benefits, there always would be, poor from the NSC 19%...

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

I think his USP on this thread is to contribute nothing of substance and limit himself to silly little wind-ups. Oh well, it's a way of spending the time I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here