Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
...as this is 'The Brexit Thread' please will you let us know if and when you have any comment to make about Brexit?

You mean, like a list of positives and negatives that every Brexiteer on NSC is avoiding?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
'Be careful what you wish for'

I think that sums it up for many at the moment.

I think the Brexiter term is 'don't be careful what you wish for because it's exactly what you voted for'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it Bees voted to Remain

[tweet]1347664977461706754[/tweet]

The Chairman of British Sugar being married to a Tory MP is purely coincidental.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The Chairman of British Sugar being married to a Tory MP is purely coincidental.

It's amazingly stupid that we are going to deplete the Bees that pollinate so much of our food in order to protect a sugar beet crop that really isn't needed and is fast becoming regarded as dangerous to health.

Less surprising is the fact that Tate and Lyle donated to the Tory party and were very pro Brexit as this means they can source and buy sugar cane from less reputable growers......

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tate-lyle-brexit-trade-eu-conservatives-greenpeace-a9661651.html

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Aah... some tangible developments that assert our sovereignty!

Not positive in my opinion, but I suspect that Brexiters will urge us to find the good in it. Or deflect.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

They didn't know what they were voting for then. Countries in the EU are allowed to and are doing exactly the same as the UK government [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Aah... some tangible developments that assert our sovereignty!

not really, more another example of our using emergency powers permitted under EU, and other europeans are doing the same.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am keen to learn.
Please tell me more. What do you mean 'not really'?
This is what I have from...

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg

Are you saying it's fake news?

its biased news, but wasnt related to the point. the matter of sovereignty, we had powers to suspend the ban while in the EU, so gained nothing here.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
its biased news, but wasnt related to the point. the matter of sovereignty, we had powers to suspend the ban while in the EU, so gained nothing here.

Is any mediated news not biased?

So we could/would have done it within the EU, invoking emergency powers which we no longer need to do. Right.

Not Brexit related but environment related; and bad news. Got it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This is what happens when you use French printers

french passports.jpg

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Most reasonable people wouldn't , you're looking at some looney sect you'd probably find holed up in America sadly they're our very own Scary stuff !
Regards
DF

I'm not quite sure what qualifies you to anticipate the judgment of reasonable people and I have a suspicion that looney sects holed up in America might share a psychometric profile nearer yours than anyone else's on the thread (including some of your fellow leavers).

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Their product looks world class, yet Scottish fisherman are on the verge of losing everything.

The Vote Leave government have hung these people out to dry in the middle of a global pandemic, it was a political choice nothing else...

Will there be any government assistance?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1348060313032269824

#victimsofbrexit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here