Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Please do expand on that comment.... and if possible please do tell me how your comment on an enjoyable morning read fits into your level.

Maybe I watch too many of these cop shows but they always insist on being interviewed by 'an officer of at least one rank higher'.
Me being a 'thicko moron', we need a 'stupid prat' or its equivalent.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I find it fascinating how the same anti-Brexit folk mutter amongst themselves, all doom and gloom in a zombie like state.

It must be better for your health to simply move on.

Why are you still posting in this thread then, seeing as how you've moved on?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You know what, the EU didn't have to do that, but they probably thought these twats won't notice and there will be f**k all scrutiny and the Brits have run out of time so just put it in the agreement.

Last year I took some cheese into the US from the UK, I showed it to customs, told them it was a gift and they let it through

We are lead by donkeys.....

The EU have strict rules on cooked meats and dairy, some of which were written by the UK. We have chosen to remove ourselves from those strict rules so they apply to third world countries. The UK is a third world country.
Maybe if we'd agreed to stay in the Customs Union, we wouldn't have goods confiscated.

Of course, there were similar rules temporarily when there was foot & mouth disease or swine fever, but our intrepid brexiters can't remember that far back.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I see we are honoured with the entire Brains trust today

Well the poster who posts as Is It POTG? and JC Footy Genius, amongst other accounts, certainly isn't working and hasn't been for some time, hence his constant attempts at whataboutism on NSC every waking hour of every day. He's even taken to quoting himself in his desperate attempts to get attention. I really wonder if I should try and help him get a job for everyone's sake :facepalm:

And as for seeking out negative news, you would have to spend all day with your fingers in your ears shouting 'project fear' at the top of your voice to avoid the constant news headlines about what the Government have actually negotiated over the last week ................ Oh

And over a year on from your claim to [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] about your 'mate' who worked at Parker, have you managed to remember where he worked yet, Office or shop floor?

Sorry to be pedantic, but Parker closed down years ago. It was APG, formerly Cash Bases. Yes, he basically called my husband a liar.

Of course I don't work because I am retired. As you said, we don't have to seek any bad news as it hits us in the face every day from the incompetence of this government.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Maybe I watch too many of these cop shows but they always insist on being interviewed by 'an officer of at least one rank higher'.

I certainly don't think or say that, so why not try and explain why you think it's okay for you to enjoy other people's genuine frustrations? I am sure, unlike DF you have constructive, intelligent input to contribute.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Maybe you could check the availability of some of your other accounts, JC Footy Genius maybe ???

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Its just Brexit news bashlsdir, no need to seek negative, it just reality.

If you have some positive news that has happened because (not in spite of) of our new found status please share with us. Many of the Brexit regulars on here have failed...

I did a thesis on Chernobyl, in my research only ever found negative news, hardly anything positive I couldn't believe it, I mean, what a pesimistic bunch....if only they believed a bit more in nuclear energy it would have been alright in the end

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Trying to be fair, the line of argument that leads along the 'it's all subjective', 'we just have different opinions', 'you'd never agree with me no matter what I write' road, is very weak.. There's a false equivalence that somehow these opposing arguments must be of equal merit and thus we should simply accept this and 'move on'.

But the thread shows a consistent pattern that one side produces evidence based analysis and the other deflects and hardly ever adduces anything by way of objective evidence. So many of their posts are content-free. I actually quite like reading opposing views or having evidence that I introduce challenged (OK, this challenge doesn't go much further than 'it's the Guardian again'). But simply to be told to 'move on' is just vacuous and annoying.

Any independent person (OK, they are hard to find and don't habitually loiter around here) would see that there is no equivalence. That's not to say that the Remain position is itself overwhelmingly superior - but it might reflect on the quality of the Leave position as predominantly expressed on this thread. (I happen to believe that this situation is probably representative of the bigger debate, but I would think that wouldn't I?)

TBH, if Leavers are fed up with the debate on this thread and are unwilling or unable to engage then it is they who should, in their favourite words, 'move on'. And if you are going to stay, how about bringing your A game to the table?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
We went from 'they need us more than we need them', 'we hold all the cards' to......'Can't I at least bring a sandwich?'

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And, back on topic

Brexit puts timer on East Kilbride schoolboy's life as vital cannabis oil prescription stopped

Cole Thomson suffers from severe epileptic seizures and relies on Bedrolite cannabis oil to survive. But the specially commissioned private prescription from a surgery in London has now stopped because the UK is no longer in the EU.

The family were dealt a hammer blow at the start of 2021 when Cole started having seizures again after an incredible 18-months without any – a stability in his condition down to Bedrolite CBD. His seizures returned after a change in his phenytoin levels caused by a change in the brand of another medication he receives. Lisa explained the bureaucracy surrounding this decision, saying that when Epanutin is in stock, the NHS are duty bound to use it rather than Dilantin, irrespective of someone’s prescriptions.

This has seen Cole’s phenytoin levels rise to 12.1, increasing his anxiety and stress levels, causing him to act out and get emotional, and resulting in small seizures in the morning. One way to offset these seizures is to increase his Bedrolite intake, but the Catch 22 situation is that the more they use, the quicker they will run out.

And the family found out that Cole’s prescription would be stopped because of Brexit just before Christmas.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/brexit-puts-timer-east-kilbride-23305299

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Trying to be fair, the line of argument that leads along the 'it's all subjective', 'we just have different opinions', 'you'd never agree with me no matter what I write' road, is very weak.. There's a false equivalence that somehow these opposing arguments must be of equal merit and thus we should simply accept this and 'move on'.

But the thread shows a consistent pattern that one side produces evidence based analysis and the other deflects and hardly ever adduces anything by way of objective evidence. So many of their posts are content-free. I actually quite like reading opposing views or having evidence that I introduce challenged (OK, this challenge doesn't go much further than 'it's the Guardian again'). But simply to be told to 'move on' is just vacuous and annoying.

Any independent person (OK, they are hard to find and don't habitually loiter around here) would see that there is no equivalence. That's not to say that the Remain position is itself overwhelmingly superior - but it might reflect on the quality of the Leave position as predominantly expressed on this thread. (I happen to believe that this situation is probably representative of the bigger debate, but I would think that wouldn't I?)

TBH, if Leavers are fed up with the debate on this thread and are unwilling or unable to engage then it is they who should, in their favourite words, 'move on'. And if you are going to stay, how about bringing your A game to the table?

I see your short-lived excursion out of the bunker has ended Mr Onoda .. 'one side presents evidence-based analysis' my hairy arse ... do behave.

Trouble is when we do leave you all alone in your vortex of misery the whining gets even more intense .. 'where have all the Brexiteers gone, they have all run away' etc .... reminiscent of attention-seeking children. So you all get the level of response you deserve and we know deep down how much you really need us (see the flurry of posts every time we dip our toe in the cesspit of doom).

But good to see the 5th column collective is back up to full strength so never fear the ridicule will continue!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I see your short-lived excursion out of the bunker has ended Mr Onoda .. 'one side presents evidence-based analysis' my hairy arse ... do behave.

Trouble is when we do leave you all alone in your vortex of misery the whining gets even more intense .. 'where have all the Brexiteers gone, they have all run away' etc .... reminiscent of attention-seeking children. So you all get the level of response you deserve and we know deep down how much you really need us (see the flurry of posts every time we dip our toe in the cesspit of doom).

But good to see the 5th column collective is back up to full strength so never fear the ridicule will continue!

Oh dear, I see you are soon reduced to silly emotive language again.

Anything to say about Brexit on this Brexit thread?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Bugger. I thought you were going to say something.

Still, it's nice to see you providing case history evidence for the point made by Garry Nelson's teacher.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Of course not, as has been shown over and over and over....ad infinitum. Still, if it keeps them occupied, it can only be a good thing.

Maybe one of them will come back with a sensible post, offering an opinion on how things are progressing (good and bad), but I fear we'll have to wait a long time.
Pity, really, as you'd think they'd be delighted to gloat about how well it's going.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The EU have strict rules on cooked meats and dairy, some of which were written by the UK. We have chosen to remove ourselves from those strict rules so they apply to third world countries. The UK is a third world country.
Maybe if we'd agreed to stay in the Customs Union, we wouldn't have goods confiscated.

Of course, there were similar rules temporarily when there was foot & mouth disease or swine fever, but our intrepid brexiters can't remember that far back.

"third world" country ?

laughing-bonobo-crop.jpg

This was worth having a quick pop back in all in itself.

:lolol:

who convinced you to believe the UK is a "third world" country?

Was it someone on twitter again? facebook?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Bugger. I thought you were going to say something.

Still, it's nice to see you providing case history evidence for the point made by Garry Nelson's teacher.

Of course not, as has been shown over and over and over....ad infinitum. Still, if it keeps them occupied, it can only be a good thing.

Maybe one of them will come back with a sensible post, offering an opinion on how things are progressing (good and bad), but I fear we'll have to wait a long time.
Pity, really, as you'd think they'd be delighted to gloat about how well it's going.

... sooooo needy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here