Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I’m not depressed at all,I voted to leave,I tried and it looks like the 17.4 million people that also tried have been betrayed,nothing is going to change for Me, I’ll still get up in the morning and go to work but at least now I know what those that represent Me truly think.

On our way.

But in the 6 week campaign before the Referendum at no point did Leave say "There's a good chance there will be No Deal, and if that happens the economy will shrink by 8%, there will be huge short term chaos and thousands will lose their jobs - especially in manufacturing."

I'm guessing that the reality of truly leaving the EU - without the '£350 million to the NHS / Turkey / Easiest Deal in History' sugar-coated bollocks would have produced a 2:1 ratio to stay, 60/40 at best.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Difference now...

Vote for my deal, nor deal or extend.

She'll be heavily defeated on her deal - which she has trumpeted
No deal will be heavily defeated - which she has refused to take off the table
Extend will win by a small margin

As a result, this is a defect vote of no confidence in what she has done and what she stands for. Position untenable.

Question - is there a danger that all 3 courses of action are defeated, and by accident we end up with no answer and the accidental crash out of the EU?

Parliament votes against May's deal + against no deal + against extending A50 = Remain surely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But in the 6 week campaign before the Referendum at no point did Leave say "There's a good chance there will be No Deal, and if that happens the economy will shrink by 8%, there will be huge short term chaos and thousands will lose their jobs - especially in manufacturing." .

Did Remain mention that at all?

Actually now I think about it they did in one advert.
Perhaps they should have been a bit more forceful with that message.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Who is going to be the next PM then, now that Theresa has signed her own P45?
She's been a dead woman walking since she led the Tories to a minority government. She's not done anything to improve her position since, and won't.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Although I'm sure the Svensson brothers of Gyllsjö, Skåne, Sweden speak very highly of you.

Had you read the article you'd know this isn't about 'Euro pallets' but about our stock of pallets as a NON EU COUNTRY exporting into the EU.
These countries have to reach a higher standard cleanliness and safety as the non EU country isn't governed by the EU legislature on such matters.

They could have written that message on a pallet truck.
It would have to be a very long truck though..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Parliament votes against May's deal + against no deal + against extending A50 = Remain surely.
Bakerlite's " On our Way " tagline is looking ever more forlorn.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, but facts, expert opinion and predictions are easily countered with #fakenews #projectfear.

Frankly I've had enough of so called experts telling me what to think.
Thankfully I now have Gove telling me the only way the country can export into the EU is by having a series of trebuchets on the white cliffs of Dover.

Sorry trebuchet what am I thinking, I mean catapults.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Did Remain mention that at all?.

yes they did. a lot. it was a major part of Osborne's strategy to highlight the negative consequences of leaving. every one was well aware of the possibility. the leave counter was "so what, we'll sort it".

they failed to.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Question - is there a danger that all 3 courses of action are defeated, and by accident we end up with no answer and the accidental crash out of the EU?

not really, they can vote again on different or even the same motions. extension is pointless though as EU say they wont change, so whats the point?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Bakerlite's " On our Way " tagline is looking ever more forlorn.

To be fair she has been saying ‘my deal, no deal or no Brexit’ and ‘no further referendum’, and now she has outlined how each could happen.

May’s deal will most likely be rejected again, unless something significant happens.
No deal would certainly then be rejected.
That leaves extending A50, or not leaving.

The last vote would be interesting!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
not really, they can vote again on different or even the same motions. extension is pointless though as EU say they wont change, so whats the point?

Thought the EU were going to blink and left everything to the 11th hour?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Party over country in full ****ing evidence today. This is a joke. The Tories have totally ****ed it.

Has she forgotten just how big her margin of defeat was?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
yes they did. a lot. it was a major part of Osborne's strategy to highlight the negative consequences of leaving. every one was well aware of the possibility. the leave counter was "so what, we'll sort it".

they failed to.

I'm reassured in the knowledge my MP will still be suckling at her putrefied septic teet, right up until the moment he has to nuzzle into her replacement.

The man has all the backbone of a squid with a taste for blancmange.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Although I'm sure the Svensson brothers of Gyllsjö, Skåne, Sweden speak very highly of you.

Had you read the article you'd know this isn't about 'Euro pallets' but about our stock of pallets as a NON EU COUNTRY exporting into the EU.
These countries have to reach a higher standard cleanliness and safety as the non EU country isn't governed by the EU legislature on such matters.

They could have written that message on a pallet truck.

And if your head wasn't so firmly stuck where the sun don't shine,you would have read about the EU using many of their branded,disinfected,treated pallets to export their goods to us,leaving us with a massive stock of them.This leaves us a choice of burning them,or using them to re-export our goods.These pallets are not one-time use.Perhaps if you had ever worked in logistics,you might know as much as you make out you do.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It would have to be a very long truck though..

I'm sure there would be plenty of room on this truck:

absolutefkwits.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here