Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Faisal Islam

Verified account

@faisalislam
45m45 minutes ago
More
No Deal would mean “Eu would introduce tariffs of around 70% on beef and 45% on lamb exports [ie from UK] and 10% on cars - ie WTO MFN tariffs

Faisal Islam

Verified account

@faisalislam
1h1 hour ago
More
200,000 businesses (83%) that require customs registration number (EORI) for No Deal who never required them under EU customs-free trading arrangements do not have them - only 1/6 have them - very serious.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This only applies to wooden pallets,of course.They do come in alternative materials.And a search on Google reveals :

View attachment 105076

Yes, we can produce them, but the industry organisation thinks, or thought, we can't produce enough of them if we go no deal. Today it seems DEFRA agrees, whereas previously they thought we could manage to produce enough, the problem is no one knows for sure yet if we will need them, personally I doubt we will, but if we do, we need to know now so they have a chance for enough to be produced in time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did Remain mention that at all?

Actually now I think about it they did in one advert.
Perhaps they should have been a bit more forceful with that message.

Ha ha ha ha.

That was 'Project Fear'.

But you know that, of course, you cheeky ironic monkey, you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha ha ha ha.

That was 'Project Fear'.

But you know that, of course, you cheeky ironic monkey, you.

In fairness at that precise moment I was (am) so fooked of with all of them (and sadly their apologists) that I had forgotten just a week or so ago I posted a Remain TV ad that unerringly predicted this current shambles.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm going to take one last run at this (please note the lack of personal insults).

This news isn't talking about the half sized 'Euro Pallet'.

This concerns all pallets entering the EU from a non EU country.
Those pallets have to be correctly heat treated for pests and the such like.

The pallets we currently send to the EU and they send to us, irrespective of size, at the moment don't have to conform to this extra procedure because they are all traveling around the EU.

After Brexit, with no specific deal on pallets, only EU specific pallets (not Euro pallets) will be allowed to enter the EU.

Which is one of the bazillion reasons every single item entering and leaving the UK will have to be checked at the border.

Only 1 - 0,so I will have a quick reply.Lack of abuse appreciated,a rare thing amongst Remainers.As far as I'm aware,EU countries specify Euro-pallets to be used by suppliers as all their warehousing and pallet racking,pallet trucks,are set up to receive those only.They have been specifically designed to fit through a doorway,so larger pallets are no good to them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only 1 - 0,so I will have a quick reply.Lack of abuse appreciated,a rare thing amongst Remainers.As far as I'm aware,EU countries specify Euro-pallets to be used by suppliers as all their warehousing and pallet racking,pallet trucks,are set up to receive those only.They have been specifically designed to fit through a doorway,so larger pallets are no good to them.

In that case then you are incorrect, or to be more precise only half right.
We do not and never have solely exported to the EU on Euro Pallets.

A no deal means either that will have to happen which just isn't possible or all our other 'normal' pallets that currently don't require treatment because we are a member state needs to pass inspection.

Not the pain in the arse any of us foresaw at the referendum, but most certainly not an issue to finally mention with a month to go.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking forward a little. . . . .

The leave campaign really need to start backing May’s deal ASAP if they still want the U.K. to Brexit. No deal is dead unless the EU force us into it.

This could be the time line of events.

1. Labour Brexit deal rejected (Norway Minus).
2. Maydeal rejected.
3. No deal rejected.
4. Extension to process approved.
5. EU rejects extension without promise of referendum on May’s deal.
6. Referendum on May’s deal approved
7. 22 Month extension to process granted.
8. May’s deal loses referendum 70%-30%
9. We remain (under Cameron’s enhanced benefits for U.K.).
10. Tory Party split with ERG forming their own hard right party, 100+ MPs leave.
11. General election.
12. Corbyn Prime Minister.

On our way?

(Exactly like we were last year with winning the World Cup)

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
BrExit - the countdown to 11PM GMT on Friday 29th of March 2019

You keep forgetting to put your signature “Regards” at the end. At least you have kept the theme of repetition.

Your paranoia knows no bounds.
I think it’s always good to start any day with positive news don’t you think?Better than all the doom and gloom among the hysterical minority .Crack a smile,enjoy the sun.

On our way.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Your paranoia knows no bounds.
I think it’s always good to start any day with positive news don’t you think?Better than all the doom and gloom among the hysterical minority .Crack a smile,enjoy the sun.

On our way.

You’re a fool.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nothing changes except we are all 1 day closer to the *no deal* abyss.

May's deal is the only realistic way out now ( and that then leads to more arguing ).

Around 5 weeks until the country collapses - as things stand.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If that’s what you’re going to call Me ,or Members of My deceased family today then you’re obviously in a better mood than yesterday.Always kinder to play the ball not the man.

On our way.

Well, if you’re going to run onto the picth screaming like a girl and insulting everyone inbetween yelling gibberish, you should expect a few kicks in the shin.

As you were.

Regards
TC

;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here