Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking the bank for a player would have been better than this.

Dies Irae said:
Following on then, why if you are really a person who happens to follow Brighton because your rugby team plays on another day, why do you get so het up about people who support the team 100% and hold strong views.

You are beginning to sound a bit like Mike Ward

Isn't this lapsing into "I'm a better fan than you" shite, Dave?

I'd expect Bucky to start parroting "bad fan" now any minute - except as it's me copping the bad fan stuff now, he'll say nothing :D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
No, I'd go and watch Huddersfield when I should have been supporting the boys at Ipswich.

now you see what you did there?

You were using argument and discussion to get your point over, but then you just had to revert to a strange attempt to be funny....which i suppose was humerous in its way.

well done.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Ah right, so it's fine for people to swear at me if they get frustrated. I knew you engaged in fairly blatant double standards, just wanted to confirm it.

I think Buckys point was you generally do something to provoke people while the attack on me was unprovoked.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
Isn't this lapsing into "I'm a better fan than you" shite, Dave?

I'd expect Bucky to start parroting "bad fan" now any minute - except as it's me copping the bad fan stuff now, he'll say nothing :D

Not at all mate.

At the end of the day we all follow the club the best way we can or want.

I wasn't suggesting you were a bad fan or a good fan....I will leave that to the tart from Bexhill:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: .

I was just curious why you take all this shit from people when there could come a day that you would make a choice between LI and BHA

Dies Irae said:
Not at all mate.

At the end of the day we all follow the club the best way we can or want.

I wasn't suggesting you were a bad fan or a good fan....I will leave that to the tart from Bexhill:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: .

I was just curious why you take all this shit from people when there could come a day that you would make a choice between LI and BHA

I don't think it will happen, Sundays are set in stone for us now for ever more.

And I know you have a downer on Mike Ward, but here's a guy who goes to every home and away game and has done for a few seasons now. When does he get your respect as a real Albion fan entitled to have his say over controversial matters then? He's not exactly 1066 sacking managers and players after watching 10 games, is he? :lolol:

Les Biehn said:
Very much so, everyone knows I am of a delicate disposition.

Of course not, I just felt that I was trying to be resonable and had toned down my posts aimed at you on your request so there was no need to be aggressive to me.

Les Biehn said:
I think Buckys point was you generally do something to provoke people while the attack on me was unprovoked.

My god, you make a meal of stuff like this, don't you?

I used a throwaway expletive like "f***ing" to express a bit of frustration that I've already answered a question from you countless times, and you can't let it go.

Suddenly it's now "an unprovoked attack" :lolol:

Les, stop being so gay.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have an issue with Mr ward who made some derogatory comments about me in his book when he used to come along to a kick about we used to have at Portslade on a Tuesday nights. The guy didnt even know me so it was a bit naughty really

I would have appreciated if he would at least have mentioned something to me before writing it.

Also as an Albion fan of long standing I felt his article about rivallry missed the whole point...maybe it was deliberate or maybe just a tad ignorant of the facts but I thought it patronised people who had no real right of reply ( although I did eventually get one in teh following programme after the palace game at home)

555kaz said:
I'm not joining in the debate, but what happens next season when Sky want Reading at home on a Sunday at the Mad Stad?

We play on Fridays! Honestly, it's a bit strange, but Prem rules means pitches are not allowed to be used by other sports 24 hours before games. But I guess all you anti-eggchasers would approve! :thumbsup:

Dies Irae said:
I have an issue with Mr ward who made some derogatory comments about me in his book when he used to come along to a kick about we used to have at Portslade on a Tuesday nights. The guy didnt even know me so it was a bit naughty really

I would have appreciated if he would at least have mentioned something to me before writing it.

Now that I didn't know and it explains your sensitivities towards him.

Dare I ask what these derogatory remarks were? I did read the book but can't remember chapter and verse.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
My god, you make a meal of stuff like this, don't you?

Takes two to tango, your still dragging it out.

London Irish said:
I used a throwaway expletive like "f***ing" to express a bit of frustration that I've already answered a question from you countless times, and you can't let it go.

But you didn't fully answer it, and now you've changed the subject

London Irish said:
Suddenly it's now "an unprovoked attack" :lolol:

You asked me the question, at least I had the good humour to joke about it. And it was an unprovoked attack, something you have had a go at me for in the past.

London Irish said:
Les, stop being so gay.

Now it is a personal attack, something else you have had a go at me for. A homphobic one at that, how does that sit with you left wing sensibilities?

If you just answered my questions in a reasonable way there would be none of this 'meal making' and we would have moved onto discussing other areas of the club we all support.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't read the whole thread but I am confused as to why LI is so regularly hit by more and more posters with the "new" fan stick as a slur. Generally when the argument is being lost too.

Does your opinion take on more weight if you are a long time fan? I think Ben's Grandad must be the sage of NSC then :ohmy:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
Now that I didn't know and it explains your sensitivities towards him.

Dare I ask what these derogatory remarks were? I did read the book but can't remember chapter and verse.

without reading it again, It was something about being me shouting "well played wardy..." or something like that and he thought it amusing that a fat bald bloke should say something like that.......that sounds lame but it was something like that which I took exception to!

I will borrow the book from the library and read it again...I may have been a bit rash...LOL

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy Gull said:
I haven't read the whole thread but I am confused as to why LI is so regularly hit by more and more posters with the "new" fan stick as a slur. Generally when the argument is being lost too.

Does your opinion take on more weight if you are a long time fan? I think Ben's Grandad must be the sage of NSC then :ohmy:

shut it newbie

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:
shut it newbie

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

same 1st game as you, turncoat ex Huddersfield fan... Malcolm Allison's Palace 1975ish ?:salute: :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
that was the one......

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

fellow newbie:angel: :angel: :angel:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Barnet Seagull said:
I am not your mate. Mate.

thank goodness for that. If you are the barnet seagull who came to the Nelson NSC do you still owe me a pint though...mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here