Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking the bank for a player would have been better than this.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ROSM said:

And then the big hard kid who has already been kept back two years comes along and starts joining in.

I get who you're alluding to in the rest of your post but not this bit.

ROSM said:
probably one of the gayer threads in recent history.

Why cant you all get a room?

This looks like a school playground where the newish kid who may be a bit geeky and talks quite poncily is being harangued by the local kids.

The geeky kid doesn't learn to stop being clever and to try and get along whilst the local kids will pick on anything he says to try and make a fool of him.

And then the big hard kid who has already been kept back two years comes along and starts joining in.

It never ceases to amaze me that it is often those who argue most for freedom of speech are usually the ones who try and deny it to others.

It will all end in tears and recriminations - it always does

...and then the boring classroom assistant comes along and ruins everyone's fun :(

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
...and then the boring classroom assistant comes along and ruins everyone's fun :(

Shit, that actually raised a smile from me.:ohmy:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It amazes me that people who actually want to have constructive conversations about the Albion on here end up descending into arguments when wankers are posting shit like this.

Oceanic said:
At work in London and an immigrant was looking for work and said I was the right person to ask for work, I replied really, you’ve more chance of getting a council house, benefits than ever working for me as I only employ white people and people who can string a sentence together.

I know, I’m not a racist
:ohmy:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Les Biehn said:
It amazes me that people who actually want to have constructive conversations about the Albion on here end up descending into arguments when wankers are posting shit like this.

Too true Les. To be honest, I like a nice healthy debate but some people can never be debated with.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
London Irish said:

Quite - now get back to your lines. 100 times 'I must not wind up sensitive individuals'.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ROSM said:
Les Biehn said:

Too true Les. To be honest, I like a nice healthy debate but some people can never be debated with.

One big mass debate and the whole board gets clogged up.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Les Biehn said:
I get who you're alluding to in the rest of your post but not this bit.

It was a metaphor for all the self righteous people who see a strong debate and cant resist joining in and taking sides.

They should know better but despite experience they still dive in.

A bit like me really.:shootself

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ROSM said:
It was a metaphor for all the self righteous people who see a strong debate and cant resist joining in and taking sides.

Oh yes, there are some Large Ones round here that like to do that.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
ROSM said:

What's a meta for?

Les Biehn said:

:ohmy:

The arguments of here are nothing but slapstick, it passes the time. Maybe we should all be clean-cut Oxford Union debaters but it would be a bit dull.

Hard to get that worked up about Oceanic - while he probably is a racist, he is also deliberately attention-seeking and looking to provoke a reaction, so why give him the time of day. If we had more black Albion fans on this messageboard, I think his stuff would be removed but alas we don't and it isn't.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
The arguments of here are nothing but slapstick, it passes the time. Maybe we should all be clean-cut Oxford Union debaters but it would be a bit dull.

Hard to get that worked up about Oceanic - while he probably is a racist, he is also deliberately attention-seeking and looking to provoke a reaction, so why give him the time of day. If we had more black Albion fans on this messageboard, I think his stuff would be removed but alas we don't and it isn't.

f*** off back to nigeria

im not a racist, honest

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:

Hard to get that worked up about Oceanic

It makes me laugh that him and Looney think they really outrage people. Like most people their shit doesn't bother me, rather you just tend to laugh at them and dismiss anything they say.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ROSM said:
probably one of the gayer threads in recent history.

Why cant you all get a room?

This looks like a school playground where the newish kid who may be a bit geeky and talks quite poncily is being harangued by the local kids.

The geeky kid doesn't learn to stop being clever and to try and get along whilst the local kids will pick on anything he says to try and make a fool of him.

It never ceases to amaze me that it is often those who argue most for freedom of speech are usually the ones who try and deny it to others.

It will all end in tears and recriminations - it always does

f*** off fatty

lol

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking the bank for a player would have been better than this.

The Laughing Bluebird said:
If a known 'has-been' (such as Noel-Williams, perhaps) was good enough to score goals at Championship level and had helped to keep Albion up, then he would've saved the club £1 million according to the Argus.

What's to say the club will eventually get any great return on Kazim-Richards? He has talent, but he didn't exactly set the Championship alight, did he?

All signings are a gamble. McGhee and Knight chose to take a long-term gamble with their Coca Cola money. The short-term result has been relegation and a £1 million loss. Of course, that is not CKR's fault, and there's no guarantee that a decent target man would've kept Albion up. But the chances would certainly have improved with such a player in the ranks.
I find it strange that at 26 years old you call GNW a has been. His record at Burnley for this season is 32 appearances, 2 goals, with us it's 5 appearances 2 goals. Do you realy think 4 goals in 37 games is the sort of form to save us from relegation. He has played well for us, but I think a lot of credit must go to his strike partner CKR. Who is this decent target man you would like to have in our ranks, which we could buy for £250,000 who would want to come here and also be an investment for the future. The likes of Peter Ward and Bobby Zamora don't come along very often.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
ROSM said:

I didn't think undertstanding arguments fully before taking sides was important in society anymore.

I'm not convinced Norman Baker ever understands his own arguments whenever he is interviwed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here