Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News - Danny Cullip currently in transfer talks....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Graz126 Im not sure why you have put the dunces hat after that comment and my quote. I was saying that although it will be a massive blow to lose Cullip, we have come through worse as a club and will have to again.

Last edited:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
sorry i was refering to myself.
after delibratly twisting your well said comment.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
ben andrews girlfriend said:
But we're not 3rd division rubbish next year are we?!

the whole reason we need to hold on to cullip, if we want to hold on to our division 1 status next season we need outstanding players like cullip

we'll have no money to buy anyone and as MRRF's thread had shown us theres not much in the free transfer quality department

i don't want to go through the 'try and do the best with the kids' hinslewood method AGAIN!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Richie Morris said:
. The fact that he was voted into the PFA Divisional Team of the Year by his peers shows the esteem he is held in by people within the game. .
three times i believe

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Richie Morris said:
Losing Cullip would be a massive massive loss to this club. He is the glue that holds the team together. However, you can buy new glue, you cannot ever buy a new team and Albion will live on and we will find a new hero. Virgo would be cracking in defence and could grow to be better the Cullip.
Cullip is my favourite Albion player, certainly the best I have ever been fortunate enough to see in the stripes. But, as we know all to well at Brighton, life will go on. Whatever is thrown at this club, it always comes up fighting and it always will do.

Ok, after reading Braders post I would like to point out that any glue we buy may not be as adhesive as the one we are letting go. The point still remains though that the club will live on and THAT is what really matters.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Richie Morris said:
Ok, after reading Braders post I would like to point out that any glue we buy may not be as adhesive as the one we are letting go. The point still remains though that the club will live on and THAT is what really matters.
that was never in question

was it?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
larus said:
Am I the only one that remembers that Cullip was not that good for a lot of this season (and in Div 1 last year). Remember him bollocking Beasant for the f***-up at Ipswich (I think) when he mis-hit a back-pass?

Yes, he's very vocal and rallies the team, but he's not irreplaceable. I think Virgo in the center would do as good a job as Cullip. He's as strong or stronger, quicker, better in the air, and goes in very hard.

If we get £250K we've done well.

I'm not saying I want him to go, I don't. It's just that he's not as important as you make out. We've survived without BZ, and 30 goal strikers are very valuable.
he was obviously to blame for that goal at ipswich but i think we can forgive him for the odd mistake for all the times he saves us!.to me he is one of the if not the best centre half outside the prem i read steve claridge say when we were in div 1 last time saying he should have been in the pfa team and that was coming from a forward he'd played against twice that season he is obviously rated very highly in the game cos who ever commentates on us is for ever praising him,other teams fans do and he's been in 3 out of 4 pfa teams!!! true legend

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Richie Morris said:
Nope, but I was making the point that however crap losing Cullip would be, we will get over it.
yep totally agree

we've done it before and no doubt we'll do it again , theres no such thing as one club players anymore :(

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
From his point of view he has now been there, done that, got the T shirt and bent the cup back into shape with Brighton. A new challenge at Leicester would be attractive to him I think.

He'll be hard to replace, but hopefully we'll have Butters, Blackwell, El Abd and Virgo all able to play central defence and McGhee was quoted as saying he's looking for a central defender.

He'll always be an albion hero, but it won't be the disaster that right now it looks like it might be if he goes. Someone will rise to the occasion and fill at least one and a half of his boots, and we will finish next season safe from relegation next season and look to build on that the season after as the builders move in at Falmer.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Deano's Right Foot said:
He'll be hard to replace, but hopefully we'll have Butters, Blackwell, El Abd and Virgo all able to play central defence and McGhee was quoted as saying he's looking for a central defender.
may be that is why mcghee said he wants a centre half

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Like most here, I hope he stays, but although shocked from the thread here tonight ben andrews girfreind has got it spot on.

Danny has always been an Adams man, and has followed him at least a couple of times. This move was also rumored when Micky left us to go to Leicester.

If Danny does go, I will for on cheer both him and Micky. To me they are still heroes.

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
DC was going to leave the day after the pompey game at the start of div 1 last time. even said his goodbyes!

will he go this time? who knows. will he pass a medical on his knees - probably not.

but life goes on. the future at the albion is looking better and better every month. virgo has shown he is one for the long term and blackwell should be playing next season. along with butters that dont look too bad.

DC has been nothing less than a rock and a great captain to boot.

he IS replaceable, but NEVER forgotten.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
hopefully replaceable! probably replacesble in time!

DEFINATELY LIKE MICKEY AND BOBBY NEVER FORGOTTEN

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
This can not be true I will be devastated if he goes I know the club will survive this as said befoe but we need a captain like him :(

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Benny Seagull said:
i hope to god that this is rubbish. we'd have a tough time in div 1 without him.
:nono: :nono:
it's gonna be tough enough with him

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
Don't believe anything you read on internet sites about players. Wait until clubs confirm it.

I dont want to blow my own trumpet, but I broke the "Brooker to Leicester" story on NSC about 3 weeks before the club mentioned anything (and I was ridiculed by most, the young scamp Danny Seagull in particular :angry: :glare: )

Sometimes these rumours do have facts attached to them......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here