Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News - Danny Cullip currently in transfer talks....

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Bald Gull said:
I would feel more gutted if DC left than I did when BZ left!!

So would I - I know its always said that no one man is bigger than the team but DC is the Albion. This would be a disaster of immense proportions.

The one saving grace is that I find it hard to believe Micky would do this to us - he still cares for this club

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Jim D said:
I think we should get around £1M if we sold him. That should help in our push for Falmer. However, where is Adams going to get the money from?

Lucky to get more than £150 grand tops....the money is not there anymore in football

Dickov was going to go to Blackburn this week for less than £100 grand.............makes you think doesn't it?

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
I promise you guys it's not a wind up - I may not post that often but NSC'rs like Row Z Creased shirt, Superphil and Lush know me and will vouch that wind ups are not my style.

I have taken the information given on good faith. It has been passed directly by someone involved with the Cullip family who has no axe to grind and is not even a BHA supporter, but thought the information would be interesting to someone that was.

Sorry - lets just hope there is a hitch in agreeing terms.

:(

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Bald Gull said:
I would feel more gutted if DC left than I did when BZ left!!

Same here.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Nah won't happen. Brighton have had approches before and the reason no other club will pay a fee for him is that his knees are shot to pieces and could go at any moment. No club will risk paying a fee for Cullip.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Adams will probably go after BZ next. How strange would it be to watch the Albion playing against DC, BZ and Brooker ?

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
If he goes will anyone like Mickey Adams? I will personally "Boo" him at Leicester Walkers Bowl.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Captain Sensible said:
Nah won't happen. Brighton have had approches before and the reason no other club will pay a fee for him is that his knees are shot to pieces and could go at any moment. No club will risk paying a fee for Cullip.

that's true, but adams knows that...oh well....

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Just been on Leicester's fan forum and no mention of it on there.

Will be sad if danny does go but that's football. We are not a one man team and never will be. Players come and go. Fans stay forever:clap2: :clap2:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I really hope this isn't true.:nono:

I hope its not true. Shankly is not a wind up merchant, I just hope he has been misinformed and its been a case of chinese whispers from the original source onwards.

But, and its a big but, the defence is not an area of the team where we are particularly weak at the moment, with Blackwell to come back, we have Butters, the rapidly improving Virgo, young Hinsh and El-Abd all of whom are decent players in the middle of defence.

personally I cant see where leicester could get £5 from at the moment let alone £500,000 - £1,000,000 so hopefully it will not come to pass.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Could it be another good piece of business sense by the club? DC could breakdown with career breaking injury at any moment. We desperately need cash to strengthen the team and as said by row Z, we have a decent defence without him. 500,000 at least for cullip. Falmer is approved and money comes in from lenders etc, we could have a million to play with this summer. There is a bright side.

When we got Benji on loan i heard rumours back then that it was a back scratching favour and now mickey has called it in. The deal was supposed to be....Benji on loan and leicester paid his wages if they could have first refusal on Danny.

my source was a bullshitting wolf crying leicester fan who insisted it was true but i just thought it was crap.....maybe i was wrong

Never mind Brighton and hove albion are our team and players come and go, Danny has been a star and we will always love him.......booooo hooooo(violin playing):angry: :angry: :ohmy:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This would be a complete disaster... DC IS our key defencive player, captain, and inspiration to rest of team... wouldn't let him go for less than £500k or equivalent... do we really need Big Trev tho'?... not as much as Danny, methinks...

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
How come on Seagulls World today, MM said Danny was signing a new extension (he did temper it a bit by saying hopefully as an after thought)....

Kaney said:
If he goes will anyone like Mickey Adams? I will personally "Boo" him at Leicester Walkers Bowl.

Well good luck with that because you'll probably be on your own. Adams is the manager of Leicester and needs to buy players who will do him a job in Division 1. Cullip is just such a player. Why does that diminish what he has done for our club? Would we still be in Division 3 is it wasn't for Adams?

I really hope this isn't true but if it is - C'est la vie. He would be mad not to go - 30000 every week with the chance of Premiership football. He has served us wonderfully in his time here - he has given everything for the club. Good luck to him, I say.

He's probably one of the higher wage earners so that may be an incentive for us. I hate to sound like a stuck record but until we get Falmer, we cannot hope to keep our best players. Enjoy them while they are here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here