Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News - Danny Cullip currently in transfer talks....

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
METALMICKY said:
Sounds like bollocks and i suspect its just a little snippet put out by Danny's agent to bolster his starting point with DK.

Got to agree with this - it smacks of an enterprising agent putting the bite on Dick Knight in the negotiations for an extension to DC's contract here. Easily done by setting off speculation on here, which must be a good back-handed way of getting a rumour through to the club, I'd've thought.

Albion Rob said:
I would expect to see it in today's Argus if it were true because they chaeck here a fair bit and would have followed it up endlessly becasue it would b a big story for their back page.

That's true enough, but also I wouldn't have expected Andy Naylor to have nailed the story in the few hours he would have had yesterday even if he'd seen all the stuff on here in time. If there is nothing in the Argus by Monday/Tuesday that's when I'll be breathing my sigh of relief.

I couldn't disgree more with your other point about his form this year. The team is built around him, he has played a big role in the youngsters coming through because he is directing them like a traffic cop from minute to minute and he also barks at our midfield to to ensure they are in the right place at the right time. At the County Ground play-off, his voice was so loud that he was even getting Leon Knight to move in the last few minutes. Irreplaceable I'm afraid, but we will have a chance to recover because McGhee is a brilliant thinker about football, I suspect if Danny goes it may change the whole style of the team because I doubt if McGhee could then rely on our brick wall defence tactics to win us games.

I take what people are saying about the appearance of R L Zamora's viewpoint but the fact is we do know as a fact that Danny is in contract extension talks, and really any outcome is possible from that scenario.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Does this person mean that Danny has been talking to Micky Adams or that he is in negotiation with Micky Adams?

He does talk to Micky a lot anyway because they are friends. (info from someone who knows his Dad)

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
Yorkie - "Your Danny Cullip will be a Leicester player over the weekend" was the way it was put across.

I'm hoping its not the case like everyone else...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Turned out to be a load of bollocks, innit.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
plenty of time for it 2 happen yet!!

micky was on sky the over day saying there was plenty of signings to come yet

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
well as long as we get decent money for Cullip then okay then. I'd hate to see him go, but we need money for signings.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
but as was said earlier on this thread will we get the money for a player with a dodgy knee who's only got a year left on his contract?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here