Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News - Danny Cullip currently in transfer talks....

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I know for a fact he is currently in talks with BRIGHTON about extending his contract from one year to three with IMPROVED TERMS. Micky Adams was at the Swindon game and may have been watching Cullip, but the fact is, we are talking to him and we all know what a good negotiator Dick Knight is.

I would not worry. I think he will sign an extension with us.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
BUTTERBALL said:
I know for a fact he is currently in talks with BRIGHTON about extending his contract from one year to three with IMPROVED TERMS. Micky Adams was at the Swindon game and may have been watching Cullip, but the fact is, we are talking to him and we all know what a good negotiator Dick Knight is.

I would not worry. I think he will sign an extension with us.
if danny was to sign an extension that would be better than signing a new player! lets hope the fact that we are in the same division as leicester his missis has just had a new baby and he seems settled down here works in our favour

ONE DANNY CULLIP THERE'S ONLY ONE DANNY CULLIP

Be sad to se him go, but a club is bigger than one player. We are up to Div 1 and that is far more important. Can anyone on here honestly state that they would rather we were in Div 2, but with a guarantee of keeping Cullip?

Rumours are just that. Until he has signed elsewhere I look forward to seeing him kick 10 tons of sh*te out of opposition strikers come August.

Well, isn't this in the same category as Adam Virgo signing for another club? That rumour was posted at least two weeks ago and nothing has come of it.

It wouldn't surprise me now that Cullip is in contract extension talks with us that another club has magically appeared on the scene. This is what agents do to bump up the value of a contract. I'm only suprised that a similar story hasn't appeared about Leon Knight - maybe that's next week's mini panic.

McGhee knows we will only survive in Div 1 next year with a rock hard defence and we don't have that with out Danny. So I expect McGhee to move heaven and earth to keep him, even if it costs Dick Knight a bit more than he wants to spend. The club would have to weigh very carefully the transfer fee they would get against tearing the defensive heart out of the team - the Bosman in the year's time might be a better option given that these pre-Falmer couple of years are crucial for us in staying as high as we can to have a soft landing with the new stadium.

I'm afraid it's wishful thinking that Virgo could fill Danny's shoes. Virgo was dreadful in that role in Blackpool and to blame for virtually all the goals. He needs the defined space of rightback and even then will come under pressure if El Abd, who is a better with the ball at his feet than Virgo although unable to match the bigger guy's galvansing presence on the pitch, continues to improve.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
At least Steve Coppell has the decency not to come back and raid Albion players.

Fcuk you, Micky Adams!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
I dont want to blow my own trumpet, but I broke the "Brooker to Leicester" story on NSC about 3 weeks before the club mentioned anything (and I was ridiculed by most, the young scamp Danny Seagull in particular :angry: :glare: )

Sometimes these rumours do have facts attached to them......

They do sometimes - about 1 in 100

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
I dont want to blow my own trumpet, but I broke the "Brooker to Leicester" story on NSC about 3 weeks before the club mentioned anything (and I was ridiculed by most, the young scamp Danny Seagull in particular :angry: :glare: )

Sometimes these rumours do have facts attached to them......
I remember that and I remember backing you up (when I posted as 'ofab'). I too had heard the same rumor from a 'source at the club' who is normally reliable. Normally but not always as this same source had confidently assured me when Taylor left that Tony Adams was going to be the next manager!

These rumors aren't always true and sometimes I think they're released as a deliberate smokescreen or to test reaction. Not by the club perhaps but by the players themselves talking to 'mates'.

Anyway if it IS true as has been said - that's football. Yes he would be a loss as were Zamora, Nelson, Byrne, Lawrenson, etc etc etc. It happens, players leave and again as has been pointed out anything else he does at Brighton will just be a repeat of what he's already done - unless we get into the Premiership.

If you go to Leicester Danny, thanks and good luck. It will be a blow but it won't be the end of the world.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
This is a 100% crap as culip has to heavely strap his ankles before every game and has no chance of passing a medical anyway, so dont get too worried about this rumour.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Jim D said:
I think we should get around £1M if we sold him. That should help in our push for Falmer. However, where is Adams going to get the money from?

No way we would get leicester to pay 1m for DC ..they havent a pot to piss in cash wise ..why do you think they have let the likes of izzet and the tiny jock go ...even tho they had escape clauses. Best we could hope for was player exchanges assuming we match or better the salaries

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
bhafc4eva said:
This is a 100% crap as culip has to heavely strap his ankles before every game and has no chance of passing a medical anyway, so dont get too worried about this rumour.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And we all thought it was his knees that were dodgy - he really is in a bad way :lolol:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
PLEASE GOD!! DONT LET THIS BE TRUE!!!

Anyone but Danny...pleeease....

I'm going to spend the day looking into this....

:nono: :shootself

Albion Rob

I would expect to see it in today's Argus if it were true because they chaeck here a fair bit and would have followed it up endlessly becasue it would b a big story for their back page.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
It will all come out in the wash. No matter what happens the Albin will live long after Vullip, Butters etc have gone on to represent Arsenal in the European Premier League:eek:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just out of curiosity, how is it you are all so informed about the appalling state of Danny's knees/ankles/whatever? Plenty of players tape up their ankles each game, even I do because having torn ankle ligaments twice last season, I don't fancy doing it again, and strapping them up makes that less likely.

And if it is the case that he's got dodgy joints, how come he probably played 40 odd games for us last season? Why wouldn't he pass a medical?

Kitson did.

When Cullip never signed for anyone when he was on the transfer list, I was under the impression it was because scouts from other clubs were reporting that he lacked pace, and his distribution wasn't the best, not on medical grounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here