Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BOYCOTT the MK Dons friendly

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
Dons Fans bottled it way to early

What you mean like most of those who couldn't be arsed to get off their backsides and drive down to Gillingham every other week to support their local team who had been forced to play there???

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Real fans stick with their club and fight for it.

Dons Fans bottled it way to early and started a new team.

Not going to boycott, there are no parallels with our battle.

Fans Utd Will NEVER be defeated!!!
Fans Non-Utd Will be defeated!!!!!!

Well said.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
supaseagull said:
How can anyone sit behind their computer and say they are not that bothered about this - it stinks...Anyone true supporter - and I use that phrase carefully - cannot honestly say they are not bothered by this!!!!!

How would we feel if all the other supporters around the world just say they 'weren't bothered' about Brighton not having a ground....You lot are hypocrites - OTLW I'm with you!

I am not bothered in the slightest.

I work with a AFC fan who is one of the original group of fans who set up AFC and he isn't the slightest bit interested in MKD. Asa far as he is concerned, its Milton Keynes. They are more interested in getting into the conference south now that worrying about something that happened a long time ago. he has moved on, why can't you?

Funnily enough they are more anti UNITED FC or whatever they call themselves as he recons they are charletans and use AFC as a example of something they are not

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
crasher said:
I'm with OTLW.

Brighton, of all clubs, should not be volunteering to play them.

Bad PR - there's loads of teams we can have a friendly with. (Personally I'd like Barcelona).

Not now they are getting a shirt sponsor - thats wrong and i would mail perry and tell him so if we arrange a fixture against Barcelona. :lolol:

A bit of an oddity really. A club went out of the league and a completely new one was allowed into their place. No loss to the league or the division, and a bending of the sports' rules without parallel. One club extinct, one created and placed into the EFL in its' place.

I would think it was up to the football clubs to refuse to play them, before fans were asked not to follow their own team.

Isn't it also pertinent that, if teams all go there well-supported and beat the crap out of their 'MK' side - the Dons will be sent to their fate as a Conference side (and beyond) all the faster?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I am going - I suppose I am not a true fan though!

FFS when are you lot going to let it go? it Brighton we are interested in.

Liz Costa would have an anti franchise Demo? Why? what bloody good is that going to do? bloddy do gooders!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
supaseagull said:
What you mean like most of those who couldn't be arsed to get off their backsides and drive down to Gillingham every other week to support their local team who had been forced to play there???

Very good point.

supaseagull said:

They were already travelling from Merton and had been for years.

The fact is that they bottled it and started a new team before they had moved from selhurst. Why didn't they stand and fight their ground?

We've seen for ourselves what fan power can achieve if you all pull together.

Dandyman

In London village.
Real fans stick with their club and fight for it.

Dons Fans bottled it way to early and started a new team.

Not going to boycott, there are no parallels with our battle.

Fans Utd Will NEVER be defeated!!!
Fans Non-Utd Will be defeated!!!!!!

How did they bottle it too early ? AFC were set up AFTER the FA gave permission for the franchise to be set up in Milton Keynes. The Dons fans had fought it all the way until the FA f***ed them over.

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Have you been in a coma for the last ten years?

Had a full frontal labotomy too! Wimbledon -(the real ones) were one of the most numerous and vocal supporters during the fans united times. But, what the hell, let them die, they ain't the Albion. How are we going to get other supporters to help us if we treat Wimbledon like this?
wcnige

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Dandyman said:
How did they bottle it too early ? AFC were set up AFTER the FA gave permission for the franchise to be set up in Milton Keynes. The Dons fans had fought it all the way until the FA f***ed them over.

Spot on. Can't believe the accusation they "bottled" it. What should they have done? Cheerfully trotted off to MK every other week?

Some people have short memories.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
crasher said:
Spot on. Can't believe the accusation they "bottled" it. What should they have done? Cheerfully trotted off to MK every other week?

There another side to that though. More than a few Wimbledon fans didn't want to travel across South London to Selhurst Park. Its not a great journey I know as I lived there at the time but having said that its hardly Brighton to Gillingham.

crasher said:

Short memories...It appears so. People forget when the FA let us down we just kept plugging and plugging away. Yes we could have set up AFC Brighton, but we didn't. We fought tirelessly (as we still are today until we get our permenant home).

How many years of battling is that? How many creative ideas, marches, singles, fans utd days etc... have been dreamed up to raise nationwide awareness to our plight so we could get rid of the old board and work with DK to get our new home...lots and lots and with all fans behind a common cause we will get our dream.

AFC Wimbledon fans bottled their fight and started a new club in their club's hour of need. I mark them as much to blame as the fools that wanted to take them to MK.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
philgull25 said:
happened ages ago, let it go and f*** off. shut up about it, there are more important things in the world :censored:

Very astute. :lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
Short memories...It appears so. People forget when the FA let us down we just kept plugging and plugging away. Yes we could have set up AFC Brighton, but we didn't. We fought tirelessly (as we still are today until we get our permenant home).

How many years of battling is that? How many creative ideas, marches, singles, fans utd days etc... have been dreamed up to raise nationwide awareness to our plight so we could get rid of the old board and work with DK to get our new home...lots and lots and with all fans behind a common cause we will get our dream.

AFC Wimbledon fans bottled their fight and started a new club in their club's hour of need. I mark them as much to blame as the fools that wanted to take them to MK.

If you want I could drag out the old fanzines in which people welcomed Belotti taking charge of the running on the club...

The FA were shit during most of our problems but what they never did was allow a fake club to use our name to set up a new club 70 miles from our home and cheat another club out of a place in professional football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here