Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing our players

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle C said:
I think STS makes a fine point. This is about how humans respond to moaning, booing and criticism. Don't try and sidetrack the issue

If a pro is going to get pissed off and drop his head after a bit of booing from what a lot of people seem to think was a poor performance then that's their issue. A decent professional will respond by going training and winning back the support of the fans.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Uncle Buck said:
This is about to end up as the good fan / bad fan thing.

Although LI will jump on me about this, at the end of the day, you pay your money, you have your say.
Fair enough, But i still remember when me and my mate had a argument with some "albion" fans at Brentford (4-0) we got promoted that year and the shit they gave our players at half time was out of order.I spent alot of money that day on travel,beer and tickets but i dont demand us to win every game.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
If a pro is going to get pissed off and drop his head after a bit of booing from what a lot of people seem to think was a poor performance then that's their issue. A decent professional will respond by going training and winning back the support of the fans.

And you know something, thats EXACTLY what I expect Oatway to do, I reckon it must have hurt on Saturday because it wasnt just a few individuals, it was a good few HUNDRED giving him pelters by the end. (Irish would never admit to that on his SPIN of events mind you)

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
But its up to the manager mainly.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sammy the seagull said:
But its up to the manager mainly.

Maybe but Crumps, Butters etc etc have shown that you can win boo boys over.

Some tho really are crap like Farrington

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Must not use McCa.......... in this example.

:lolol:

In fairness I feel the jury is still out on Big Mac as he wasn't 100% fit last season.

And anyway Big Mac has a better goals to games ratio for the Albion than Farrington!

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
:lolol:

In fairness I feel the jury is still out on Big Mac as he wasn't 100% fit last season.

And anyway Big Mac has a better goals to games ratio for the Albion than Farrington!

Farrington was well always injured. I did feel a tad sorry for him in that season under Brady where he finally got fit and then we would not play him as we had to give Feyenord some cash.

Trolley, well I do like players to at least have something resembling a touch.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

If someone stood over you at work and made snide comments everytime you made a mistake are you really telling me this would make you rush out to do a better job. You're more likely to get depressed and spend all night down the pub moaning about it.
It must be nice living in Cloud Cockoo Land.

Uncle Buck said:
This is about to end up as the good fan / bad fan thing.

Although LI will jump on me about this, at the end of the day, you pay your money, you have your say.

That's right, and I pay my money and I'm entitled to have my say about small minority of very loud whingers who do nothing but demoralise anyone unlucky enough to be supporting the Albion near them.

And Rougvie, if you think anything REMOTELY PRODUCTIVE comes from fans chucking toys out of the pram at the end of games, then you need to have a word with the big fella you have your arm around in your avatar, he would soon put you right very quickly.

And Dave, go to as many games as you like - it's not an obligation. I am completely the opposite to you, I am going to far more away games than ever before because I know it's a f***ing privilege to be watching second-tier football given the current financial state of the club, a privilege that we will be very lucky to hold on to before Falmer gives us the money to really punch our weight in this league.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle C said:
If someone stood over you at work and made snide comments everytime you made a mistake are you really telling me this would make you rush out to do a better job. You're more likely to get depressed and spend all night down the pub moaning about it.

To be honest people on here's working conditions and those of a professional sports person are very different. There are laws against employers bullying, but if you work in customer services, you can expect a certain amount of flack from unhappy paying customers, if the product is not good enough.

Footballers, even at this level are generally paid a lot more than most of us and part of their job is to entertain. If they are not delivering the said product there are certain ways for the paying customer to express their unhappiness, one is through critcism at the game, another by withdrawing their support.

You example suggests it is yourself that needs a reality check for trying to compare someones working condtions in an office with those of somebody who is paid to produce results and entertain.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
London Irish said:
That's right, and I pay my money and I'm entitled to have my say about small minority of very loud whingers who do nothing but demoralise anyone unlucky enough to be supporting the Albion near them.

And Rougvie, if you think anything REMOTELY PRODUCTIVE comes from fans chucking toys out of the pram at the end of games, then you need to have a word with the big fella you have your arm around in your avatar, he would soon put you right very quickly.

And Dave, go to as many games as you like - it's not an obligation. I am completely the opposite to you, I am going to far more away games than ever before because I know it's a f***ing privilege to be watching second-tier football given the current financial state of the club, a privilege that we will be very lucky to hold on to before Falmer gives us the money to really punch our weight in this league.

And Falmer comes back into the equation......

Are you talking like a twat on purpose today LI?? Your "3rd Reich" comment was completely out of order.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Although i feel that booing your own players who represent the club we all love is stupid. I do sympathise with those who feel they have the right to vent theyre feelings when certain players dont pull there weight(afterall they pay their money like the rest of us). But booing a player who has just come of the bench before he has done anything wrong is totally out of order.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle C said:

Hey, take offence to that.

I know full well I am shit at my job, I don't need anybody to tell me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Buck said:
To be honest people on here's working conditions and those of a professional sports person are very different. There are laws against employers bullying, but if you work in customer services, you can expect a certain amount of flack from unhappy paying customers, if the product is not good enough.

Footballers, even at this level are generally paid a lot more than most of us and part of their job is to entertain. If they are not delivering the said product there are certain ways for the paying customer to express their unhappiness, one is through critcism at the game, another by withdrawing their support.

You example suggests it is yourself that needs a reality check for trying to compare someones working condtions in an office with those of somebody who is paid to produce results and entertain.

Now that is what I call a very valid point of view. Well said.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
The Northstander said:
Worst performance I have seen in a long time!

Blimey, you are a hard man to please :ohmy:

I didn't think we played that badly at all, first half we were a 'bit' crappy but i thought we played well second half.....i'm sure if we had equalised we would have gone on to score a second, we were ALL OVER Hull second half

ben andrews' girlfriend said:
And Falmer comes back into the equation......

Are you talking like a twat on purpose today LI?? Your "3rd Reich" comment was completely out of order.

Like bollocks it was, someone who has very frequently shouted support for the BNP on here and called me a f***ing prick? Am I meant to just lie back and take ignorant shit like that?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
[B I know full well I am shit at my job, I don't need anybody to tell me. [/B]

I thought you were unemployed, and spent all day at the library using their internet access...............otherwise why would you be on NSC ALL day?

18,000 PLUS POSTS :nono:

Get a life, a bird, or a proper job young man.....bid sad you are, aren't you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here