Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing our players

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
I thought you were unemployed, and spent all day at the library using their internet access...............otherwise why would you be on NSC ALL day?

18,000 PLUS POSTS :nono:

Get a life, a bird, or a proper job young man.....bid sad you are, aren't you?

Yes, yes i am.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
London Irish said:
Like bollocks it was, someone who has very frequently shouted support for the BNP on here and called me a f***ing prick? Am I meant to just lie back and take ignorant shit like that?

Something about rising to their level is popping in my head....

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Uncle Buck said:

You example suggests it is yourself that needs a reality check for trying to compare someones working condtions in an office with those of somebody who is paid to produce results and entertain.

Its called an analogy, but perhaps your not on to four syllable words yet.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle C said:
Its called an analogy, but perhaps your not on to four syllable words yet.

Shit analogy.

If i was providing you with a service you were paying for and not doing a very good job you would complain. It happens all the time.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I would say FACT as having an opinion on here seems to be a bad thing

Fact or f***ed, seems to me that on here it's often the same thing.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle C said:
Its called an analogy, but perhaps your not on to three syllable words yet.

Well I am sure analogies need to have some relevance and not be two very different scenarios. Ultimately with footballers they get paid an awful lot to do something most of us can only dream of doing and if one of the byproducts of being able to do this is getting a bit of stick now and then, well that does not seem too bad for me. But as you said I cannot cope with three syllable words, so my opinion is worth shite. Me bad.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
Did you go round and tell that to all the Brighton fans who were applauding at the end, then?

Not much applauding going on where I was, were you actually at the match plastic? :lolol:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Shit analogy.

If i was providing you with a service you were paying for and not doing a very good job you would complain. It happens all the time.

OK lets elaborate as you're having trouble grasping things.

Complaining is fine, voicing or writing an opinion is fine, talking it over with your mates is fine, even having a pop at LI or me is fine.
But systematically destroying one of my teams players so he plays shit and looses us points is not fine by me.:glare: :glare:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Booing our players

London Irish said:

Does my face look bovvverred?

Somebody should make it look like it has been in some bovver! :lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle C said:
OK lets elaborate as you're having trouble grasping things.

Complaining is fine, voicing or writing an opinion is fine, talking it over with your mates is fine, even having a pop at LI or me is fine.
But systematically destroying one of my teams players so he plays shit and looses us points is not fine by me.:glare: :glare:

Most people on this thread agree that it is not really the thing to do to boo a player before or during a game. After the game, well many a time has a team been booed off due to a poor performance.

But people pay their money and I guess it is up to them.

But then, a player that has shown a poor attitude and consistently produced poor performances and has generally shown he is not interested. Is it not OK for those that have contributed to supporting this person livelihood to vent their frustration at him?

The problem is football has a lot of emotions in it and sometimes these spill over.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Sammy the seagull said:
Fair enough, But i still remember when me and my mate had a argument with some "albion" fans at Brentford (4-0) we got promoted that year and the shit they gave our players at half time was out of order.I spent alot of money that day on travel,beer and tickets but i dont demand us to win every game.

Were you the wankers that nearly took a kicking to the left of centre, towards where there was trouble in the stand? :lolol:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Rougvie said:
And you know something, thats EXACTLY what I expect Oatway to do, I reckon it must have hurt on Saturday because it wasnt just a few individuals, it was a good few HUNDRED giving him pelters by the end. (Irish would never admit to that on his SPIN of events mind you)

What he said! :drink:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Players know that some fans may boo them during their career. If i was MM I woulduse the booing to motivate Oatway and McCammon by saying get out there and make the boo boys eat their words/boos by playing outof your skin

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Uncle Buck said:
Most people on this thread agree that it is not really the thing to do to boo a player before or during a game. After the game, well many a time has a team been booed off due to a poor performance.

But people pay their money and I guess it is up to them.

But then, a player that has shown a poor attitude and consistently produced poor performances and has generally shown he is not interested. Is it not OK for those that have contributed to supporting this person livelihood to vent their frustration at him?

The problem is football has a lot of emotions in it and sometimes these spill over.

Agree about the emotions. I have booed the team off myself, particularly during the Barry LLoyd era. But I cant hold with destroying individual players - we lost a full season of Butters because of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here