Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing our players

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
i paid £22 to watch that disaster on Saturday, booing is a way of showing your disatisfaction!

if a player who more than likley earns far more than me comes to a game and can't be arsed to do what he is getting paid loads to do, AND I am paying money to watch this, I will show my Disatisfaction!

Additionally, If I felt the team played well I would clap them. Saturday I refused and just left at the end of the game!

Worst performance I have seen in a long time!

:censored:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good point AD.

Look how Butters has also beaten all the boo boys thru determination and hard graft.

And the fact that hes actually a half decent player. Just needed a chance to show what he could do when fully fit which big mac really wasnt last season.

Anyway we have always had a reputation as fickle boo boys.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Silent Bob, 3gulls is talking garbage. We lost the first goal because Leon lost the ball and was arguably fouled while doing so. Blaming Oatway is as ridiculous as blaming David Lee.

Ok. :D

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be fair, whilst it's unkind to boo players it's a fact of life. It's not cheap going to football and if you've paid your money you do have the right to express your disapproval. Personally I've never booed a BHA player but I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that I've cursed more than a few players over the years.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I would like to add, I am a true BHA fan, followed through thick and thin!

But when I have you pay out money from your wages, leave the ground thinking that was a waste of money!!

I hope MM (and I am confident he will) sorts this out, we have one the best managers in the division!

but Saturday was very disturbing!

:angry:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
On the Radio they said Leon should have had a foul before they scored.

We deserved to be 0-0 at half time not 1-0 down.

Soul Finger said:
Just been in the club shop and bumped into a friend who was at Hull.

He told me Albion fans booed McGammon when he came on.

That really is pathetic.

How is he supposed to improve or get any confidence when he's booed before kicking a ball in frustration.

I do realise that he probably doesn't care but he plays for US.

The overall point is that if players are getting villified to an extent that some clownish fans are booing players even before kick-off, something is wrong.

It's a clear sign that, certainly in McCammon's case, things have gone way too far and our less mature fans (of all ages) have lost any kind of sense of proportion and common sense.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
We deserved to be 0-0 at half time not 1-0 down.

I agree with that.

The worry was we shocked a lack of cutting edge. I know it is early season and with the churn of players it is going to take time to settle down, but we could do without find ourselves too far adrift by the end of September, as previous seasons show it is a bugger trying to claw point defecits back.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
At the end of the day, MM signed big mac, thats not big macs fault, does that mean we should boo MM for making a bad signing?
Plus second half, big mac played his best game for us.

Booing is pointless, except for ex palace

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Booing our players

London Irish said:
The overall point is that if players are getting villified to an extent that some clownish fans are booing players even before kick-off, something is wrong.

It's a clear sign that, certainly in McCammon's case, things have gone way too far and our less mature fans (of all ages) have lost any kind of sense of proportion and common sense.

Whether it is McCammon or not, I agree it is not helpful. However it has happened in the past. Remember the stick Kitson got as he was being brought on at Reading?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
Silent Bob, 3gulls is talking garbage. We lost the first goal because Leon lost the ball and was arguably fouled while doing so. Blaming Oatway is as ridiculous as blaming David Lee.

Bollocks, Oatway could and should have closed their player down, but instead, ran (very slowly!) away from him. This even showed on the TV replay yesterday.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Players aren't going to perform any better as a response to booing: if they can't motivate themselves without that they probably aren't good enough.

Booing players after the game may show dissatisfaction, but it ain't gonna change the result, and in that respect it's pointless.

Sometimes we all need to remember that it's only a game of football.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Sections of Brighton fans called for Mark McGhee's head after this defeat but the Seagulls boss said: "We took just nine points from our first 11 games last season so one thing we've learned is to move on to the next game."

This quote is from today's Mirror - I didn't hear anyone calling for his head.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Booing our players

London Irish said:

You pompus prick! Who the f*** do you think you are to post such comments? I did not boo him, before, during or after the second half. But, i wish that i had, just to piss you off! :shootself

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
nickgeo said:
Sections of Brighton fans called for Mark McGhee's head after this defeat but the Seagulls boss said: "We took just nine points from our first 11 games last season so one thing we've learned is to move on to the next game."

This quote is from today's Mirror - I didn't hear anyone calling for his head.

Nor me, people did advise him that he was wasting his time bringing the players across to be clapped at the end! :nono:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I know why he gets BOOED!

Its coz he's CRAP.I know he actualy put some effort in at Hull,but he's still CRAP!!

For the record i boo'ed at the final whistle on saturday.

I boo'ed because i'd spent well over £60/70 on the day and the performance they put in was diabolical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here