Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bnp win Euro seat.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Would "knuckle scrapers" apply to those who can't spell arguments correctly. :dunce: It can't apply to Nick Griffin whatever you think of his politics, the man has a Cambridge degree and the other BNP MEP is a retired university lecturer.

don't be so flippant.

I heard your so called genius nick griffin on radio today telling the world that 'global warming was a myth created by the liberal elite'.
He then went on to say that the vast majority of people in this country had ancestors from Britain from the last ice age - which is utter tosh.

finally apart from his views on the holocaust which again was apparently not true...

so yes he is a knuckle scraper with a warped brain.

anyone who votes for the BNP is a knuckle scraper. Go and read some history books and find out what these parties have done when in power..

Jan 30, 2008
Ebensee_concentration_camp_prisoners_1945.jpg
that's what Butlins does for you.

Jan 30, 2008
so where's DANDYMAN ?? all in all ,as was predicted nick gets a foot hold in europe ,all i can say to the people who slag the BNP is wipe that egg of your faces :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
don't be so flippant.

I heard your so called genius nick griffin on radio today telling the world that 'global warming was a myth created by the liberal elite'.
He then went on to say that the vast majority of people in this country had ancestors from Britain from the last ice age - which is utter tosh.

finally apart from his views on the holocaust which again was apparently not true...

so yes he is a knuckle scraper with a warped brain.

anyone who votes for the BNP is a knuckle scraper. Go and read some history books and find out what these parties have done when in power..

I don't need a lesson in history from you, I studied the subject at university and I have travelled all over Europe including visiting the site of concentration camps, both Nazi and Communist. I bet you weren't aware that when Buchenwald was liberated in 1945, the Soviets kept it going until 1950 and murdered or worked to death a further 13,000 people in addition to those so horribly teated by the SS? I also suggest that you learn how to converse in English, using correct grammar, punctuation and spelling before engaging in debate.

Jan 30, 2008
I don't need a lesson in history from you, I studied the subject at university and I have travelled all over Europe including visiting the site of concentration camps, both Nazi and Communist. I bet you weren't aware that when Buchenwald was liberated in 1945, the Soviets kept it going until 1950 and murdered or worked to death a further 13,000 people in addition to those so horribly teated by the SS? I also suggest that you learn how to converse in English, using correct grammar, punctuation and spelling before engaging in debate.
what about BELSEN the british did nothing when they first arrived??

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
there is not much left to the BNP - race issues aside is there ?
A little bit more. From their election leaflet (leaving aside the anti-immigrant stance and the slightly obvious policy of being anti-E.U. and putting British interests first when dealing with other countries) they want.

Crackdown on crime with the reintroduction of corporal punishment. Stonger sentences for peadophiles, rapists, etc. The rights of victims to take precedence over the rights of criminals. (Can't remember what their stance is on capital punishment)

'British jobs for British workers'. Increase industiral stakeholdership by workers.

Break up monopolies where these monopolies use their strength to rip off the public.

Give teachers more authority in the classroom. Concentrate on training and learning relevant skills.

Increase organic farming! Preserve fish stocks and British trawlermens' jobs by enforcing an exclusion zone in British waters.

End the 'fiasco' of rail privitisation. Increase investment in public transport especially in city centres. Reduce train and bus fares to levels ordinary people can afford. Reduce fuel tax and increase motorway speed limits.

Strict environmental controls on industry. 'Polluter pays'. Reverse the planning mistakes of the last forty years.

No more defence cuts.

Devolve power to the people. All decisions should be made at the lowest level as opposed to being imposed by an often out-of-touch Westminster parliament.

As you can see it's a bit of a mish-mash (and no clue as to how they'll do it), but you can see how it might appeal.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A little bit more. From their election leaflet (leaving aside the anti-immigrant stance and the slightly obvious policy of being anti-E.U. and putting British interests first when dealing with other countries) they want.

Crackdown on crime with the reintroduction of corporal punishment. Stonger sentences for peadophiles, rapists, etc. The rights of victims to take precedence over the rights of criminals. (Can't remember what their stance is on capital punishment)

'British jobs for British workers'. Increase industiral stakeholdership by workers.

Break up monopolies where these monopolies use their strength to rip off the public.

Give teachers more authority in the classroom. Concentrate on training and learning relevant skills.

Increase organic farming! Preserve fish stocks and British trawlermens' jobs by enforcing an exclusion zone in British waters.

End the 'fiasco' of rail privitisation. Increase investment in public transport especially in city centres. Reduce train and bus fares to levels ordinary people can afford. Reduce fuel tax and increase motorway speed limits.

Strict environmental controls on industry. 'Polluter pays'. Reverse the planning mistakes of the last forty years.

No more defence cuts.

Devolve power to the people. All decisions should be made at the lowest level as opposed to being imposed by an often out-of-touch Westminster parliament.

As you can see it's a bit of a mish-mash (and no clue as to how they'll do it), but you can see how it might appeal.

And ironically some "policies" ( I used the word reservedly ) that would appeal to left wing ( break up monopolies and cheap public transport ) and to right wing ( crackdown on crime ).

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

But window-dressing none the less.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But window-dressing none the less.
Oh absolutely. The bottom line is that the BNP is about racism. Claiming that you vote BNP because you like their policies on public transport is like saying that you only read Playboy for the articles.

DUKE

Jun 8, 2009
BNP is about racism, agreed. However it is not the racism that all the papers make out but the opposite. They fight the racism towards us white brits, which why im a strong supporter of them. Nowadays racism is only regarded as being one way (white to black), which is a load of BULL.

Dandyman

In London village.
so where's DANDYMAN ?? all in all ,as was predicted nick gets a foot hold in europe ,all i can say to the people who slag the BNP is wipe that egg of your faces :thumbsup:

Bless, my own stalker.

Being disgusted by a gang of racist thugs is not the same thing as being unwilling to objectively look at why they got elected. The rise of the BNP was identified by the late Robin Cook and IMO is part of the New Labour chickens coming home to roost.

That said the BNP vote in Yorkshire & Humberside was 9.8% of a 32.33% turnout and I suspect the North-west was similar (don't have the result to hand). The simple lesson being that a combination of low turn outs, massive disengagement with the political establishment, economic woes, abandonment of the Labour core vote and a failure to confront the racist myth making of the far-right all help to produce a situation where the likes of Brons and Griffin can sneak into seats. If we had better mainstream parties, higher turnouts and politicians & a gutter press that did not pander to racism and prejudice then I suspect the result would be different.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
i dont know what the bnp policies are on race etc but i can guess, i can also guess that a lot of their other policies dont stack up either , but why oh why cant mainstream politicians and a lot of the liberal hand wringers on here make an effort as to WHY they attracted the protest vote, and dont be fooled into thinking it was totally down to the expenses scandal either.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
BNP is about racism, agreed. However it is not the racism that all the papers make out but the opposite. They fight the racism towards us white brits, which why im a strong supporter of them. Nowadays racism is only regarded as being one way (white to black), which is a load of BULL.
We had this discussion before (you're new so you probably missed it). You may be surprised to learn that 99% of us lefties agree with you. Racism is most definitely not a one way street.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
I have a honours degree in history so get off your arrogant high horse you arrogant prick. My speciality subject was Russian history and stalin in particular so yes i am very aware about what the russians did before, during and after the war.

What are you actually saying?? As i can't actually make out what your arguement is, apart from you don't like my spelling.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I would guarantee that half of the Pakistan 'supporters' would be wearing England shirts if it was the football team playing...

What......................even if England was playing Pakistan?

If the Jamaica support in France 98 or the England vs Jamaica game in 2004 was anything to go by I'd guarantee you're wrong.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I find it hard to believe people are actually surprised the BNP nicked two seats

Disaffection with the Labour Party, a proportional representation system of voting, the economic malaise and UK jobs being pressurised now due to over ten years of steady immigration during the boom time can all be blamed for creating the climate for Right Wing support

Right or wrong, it's how people voted, and as someone else posted, the other parties need to take heed and address the concerns of the electorate or there will be other 'bad days at the office...'

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The BNP winning 2 seats up north goes to show peoples concerns over islamification of society , reverse racism and jobs for British workers. The BNP came close to getting a third MEP in the Midlands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here