Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bnp win Euro seat.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
the millions who thought the earth was the centre of the universe were. The millions that thought the earth was flat were... so yes, a million people can be wrong.

No one ever thought the earth was falt. This is a lie.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
oh sorry, only 9 planets then.

You didn't read the site, did you?

From the dawn of history until the beginning of the 17th century the known universe consisted of only 8 bodies:

Earth
Sun (not a planet)
Moon (not a planet)
Mercury
Venus
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn

5000 years ago, they believed there were 6 planets. Those millions of people that thought there were six planets in our solar system were wrong.

Uranus was discovered in 1781.
The millions that thought there were seven planets in our solar system were wrong.

Neptune was discovered in 1846

Pluto in 1930 (now no longer thought of as a planet).
For 70 odd years, the billions of people that believed there were nine planets were wrong.

QI would provide you with a whole host of things millions of people believe to be true, but are wrong about. We're still in an ice age, water really is blue (it's not a reflection of the sky), humans have four nostrils etc.

My point is simply millions of people believing the same thing can be wrong.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
You didn't read the site, did you?

5000 years ago, they believed there were 6 planets. Those millions of people that thought there were six planets in our solar system were wrong.

Uranus was discovered in 1781.
The millions that thought there were seven planets in our solar system were wrong.

Neptune was discovered in 1846

Pluto in 1930 (now no longer thought of as a planet).
For 70 odd years, the billions of people that believed there were nine planets were wrong.

QI would provide you with a whole host of things millions of people believe to be true, but are wrong about. We're still in an ice age, water really is blue (it's not a reflection of the sky), humans have four nostrils etc.

My point is simply millions of people believing the same thing can be wrong.

*SIGH*

I think you have missed the point I was making about ONLY 9 planets being known 5000 years ago.

If they even knew 1 then they knew the earth was round.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
*SIGH*

I think you have missed the point I was making about ONLY 9 planets being known 5000 years ago.

If they even knew 1 then they knew the earth was round.

But they didn't know about nine planets. They knew about 6.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
But they didn't know about nine planets. They knew about 6.

So we knew there were 6 planets. They knew there was a sun and a moon.

So, why when Columbus decided to go accross the Atlantic to get to India? Surley thats the wrong way?

They knew it was round. Its a Myth they thought it was flat.

Even the ancient Greeks knew the Earth was round, because they traveled widely by sea, and wherever they went, they observed that their view was limited by a horizon.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So we knew there were 6 planets. They knew there was a sun and a moon.

So, why when Columbus decided to go accross the Atlantic to get to India? Surley thats the wrong way?

They knew it was round. Its a Myth they thought it was flat.

Even the ancient Greeks knew the Earth was round, because they traveled widely by sea, and wherever they went, they observed that their view was limited by a horizon.

It was the classical greek philosophers that promoted the idea of a spherical earth around 4bc. Prior to that, the earth was largely believed to be flat.

Flat Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Various cultures have had conceptions of a flat Earth, including ancient Babylon, Egypt, pre-Classical Greece and pre-17th century China.

I didn't say medievel people believed in a flat earth, I said
the millions who thought the earth was the centre of the universe were. The millions that thought the earth was flat were... so yes, a million people can be wrong.
no time frame.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Any party trying to buy votes with policies such as 'increasing the speed limit' is worth discrediting. A sad and sorry day that 900,000 plus idiots have bought into the luncay of the BNP.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Any party trying to buy votes with policies such as 'increasing the speed limit' is worth discrediting. A sad and sorry day that 900,000 plus idiots have bought into the luncay of the BNP.

The question the politions in Parliamnet is WHY?

and dont tell me its because of MPs expences, Torys up 1% and Libs only down 1%.

Imagration is a problem in this country.

Jan 30, 2008

what a idiotic comment, did anyone forcibly take these people to the ballot box.......... :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here