Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blokes doing the cooking

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That's exactly the one I have. Works ok, but only used it a couple of times TBH.

Ah, now I used to think mine was 'alright' but I soon discovered I had been to TENTATIVE with it.

Previously I was letting it get a bit warm and then cooking the pizza on medium sort of temparature.

NO. THIS DOESN'T WORK.

NOW what I do is THIS:

1 - Have the pizza stone bake for 15 minutes on FULL oven temparate.

2 - When it comes out I roll my pizza base (just water and flour, nothing else) on to the stone itself. It will start cooking and bubbling IMMEDIATELY.

3 -quickly get the topping on and chuck it back in still on FULL HEAT.

4 - 6-8 mins later you will have a crispy, thin, perfect pizza with a proper stone-cooked taste.

The best thing is the stone LOOKS worse the more you use (blackened, marked etc etc) it but the pizzas just get better and better.

I would insist you keep at it

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Ah, now I used to think mine was 'alright' but I soon discovered I had been to TENTATIVE with it.

Previously I was letting it get a bit warm and then cooking the pizza on medium sort of temparature.

NO. THIS DOESN'T WORK.

NOW what I do is THIS:

1 - Have the pizza stone bake for 15 minutes on FULL oven temparate.

2 - When it comes out I roll my pizza base (just water and flour, nothing else) on to the stone itself. It will start cooking and bubbling IMMEDIATELY.

3 -quickly get the topping on and chuck it back in still on FULL HEAT.

4 - 6-8 mins later you will have a crispy, thin, perfect pizza with a proper stone-cooked taste.

The best thing is the stone LOOKS worse the more you use (blackened, marked etc etc) it but the pizzas just get better and better.

I would insist you keep at it

Actually one trouble I had - being guilty of not thinking it through beforehand - I heated the stone up good and proper, but I built the pizza on the worktop, which subsequently became a nightmare to transfer to the stone. Will think this one through next time - probably build it on a tray with flour on it, for easy slippage onto said stone.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Sounds like you had a lucky escape.

I probably do 60% of the cooking. Like others have said i find it quite a pleasurable experience. Nothing too fancy. Cheese, bacon and onion pies and the odd curry. I use a fair bit of fresh cream in most of the things i do.

I reckon she’d say she’s had a lucky escape too!

I enjoy cooking too, great way to unwind after a stressful day, but it’s nice when the responsibility is shared!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How do you all make pizza bases then? Or with Wholewheat flour ?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCAPFCJS5.jpgLove it, I do most of the cooking in My house.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Precisely. Just pound together some pine nuts, basil, olive oil, garlic and parmesan. And... Hey pesto!

people in the office (basically wankers, dont like them) just looked at me very strange as I laughed on my own quite loudly, whilst staring at the computer sceen.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
How do you all make pizza bases then? Or with Wholewheat flour ?

to be honest, you will be better off purchasing the mix from tesco, comes in a packet for about 50p, mix with water and a bit of kneeding and theres your base.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...and although I do most of the cooking in the kitchen, I rarely touch the barbecue.

Am I what they call 'a woman'?

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
My wife cooks Monday - Saturday, I cook Sunday Lunch- normally a roast which is quite easy once you get the hang of the timings. I enjoy cooking but I don't get home from work until 6.30 - 7pm weekdays and Saturdays are for Football, so just cook on Sundays

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
imagine this thread in the 60's,wouldn't of got a reply,how times change

yeah,i do the cooking in my house,have to,if i didn't i'd f***ing starve to death!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I do most of the cooking in my house during the weekend and during the week we mostly share. I love it. I think my fondnest has grown from seeing my Dad enjoy it and get a real buzz out of creating classics and dishes he has seen in restaurants or eaten abroad. Nothing quite compares to home made food, cooked by yourself. I see nothing wrong with this and enjoy cooking with my other half, having a laugh and trying new things out. I enjoy cooking for guests and like to be as creative as possible.

I have many sig dishes but my latest conquest is beans on toast or possible super noodles. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Wouldn't let my wife near my kitchen...she could burn salad !!!!!

A mate of mine, god rest his soul, went back to is lodgings pissed one night and the landlady had left him prawn salad for dinner, he microwaved it not knowing what it was! :D

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I can imagine an NSC thread in 2030's called 'Women doing the cooking?' the way gender roles have changed in the last 20 years!!!!!

imagine this thread in the 60's,wouldn't of got a reply,how times change

yeah,i do the cooking in my house,have to,if i didn't i'd f***ing starve to death!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here