Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blokes doing the cooking

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I love cooking and am doing a come dine with me type thing with 4 other of NSC's finest over the next few weeks :smile:

Signature dish, I'm undecided on, but cook a whole variety of things as the people of twitter will probably be bored of lol

Your dishes always look very sophisticated.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I do most of the cooking in our house. Find it a bit of a chore to be honest, mainly due to my autistic son coming into the kitchen every 5 minutes and asking "is it ready yet?"! Enjoy it occasionally though

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mrs P generally does the weekday dinner simply down to practicality as I don't get home from London until gone 7.30 most evenings, but I usually do the weekend cooking and thoroughly enjoy it - especially the Sunday roast.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I cook when I want, if I want. This seems to shock people who think I should have Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner forced on me.

All too often I hear 'BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE DINNER!' In an aggressive voice. Then said person will say 'but I feel awful without dinner'.

It gets me thinking. Why people think they can use their opinion to harrang you with stupidity...stupidity that merely mocks me, because I am always too baffled at the balls of some people whose opinion you never asked for!

But, as i said, I cook when I want. If i want. Apparently, putting beer of cider before food means I'm on a diet!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I love cooking and am doing a come dine with me type thing with 4 other of NSC's finest over the next few weeks :smile:

Signature dish, I'm undecided on, but cook a whole variety of things as the people of twitter will probably be bored of lol

We've just finished our Come Dine month. Very good for expanding your culinary repertoire.

As for cooking it's about 60/40 with me and the missus - me being the 60.

Signature dish: Quorn chicken white wine risotto - fantastic.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Roast Lamb with sliced garlic cloves, fresh rosemary with a marsala sauce..

New signature is 6 hour lamb shoulder with potatoes boulangere and minted pea puree.

Slow roast leg of lamb, with garlic and rosemary (I use a brandy/red wine mix, Nige), if done well is a stormer of a dish. (Ask [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION]). The way it just falls off the bone...

I love cooking the afore-mentioned paella too.

I find the best dishes are the ones I can take a bit of time over and prepare properly.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yep do all the cooking in my house, maybe the odd exception when she does it, mainly basic stuff really, marinated chicken dishes, stews, hotpots, pasta (Macaroni cheese is the kids favorite) etc.

Fav at the mo is doing some nandos style chicken dish, goes down well with the kids too.

Although I have a nice bit of Fillet steak for Saturday night will knock up a sauce and some sort of potatoes to go with it I think.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I do about half the cooking.

Other half loves my 7 Seas fish pie.

Two of the kids go crazy for my Shepherds Pie and my oldest son just loves my roasts.

D

Deleted member 18477

winter specials:
-spag bol
-tomato & basil pasta with sliced chicken, fresh cherry tomatos & peppers
-roast beef with yorkshire pudding, potato's & veg (including parsnips, mmmm parsnips)

summer specials
-Bruschetta followed by nando's or hickory BBQ marinated diced chicken breast & salad with the dig54 dressing (olive oil, a splash of sunflower oil, salt, pepper, french mustard)
-Ham & Cheese Omelette with cherry tomato, red onion & peppers

they're the meals i do best. i'm a BIG fan of quick, fairly healthy, easy meals. my lifes hectic enough without fannying around in the kitchen for ages!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
My ex was a right lazy cow, didn’t know how to cook anything but frozen pizzas so I did all the cooking, couldn’t/wouldn’t use the washing machine and refused to clean. All this despite me supporting her through her uni studies, (yes I am a little bitter).

Hopefully the next girl who is stupid enough to live with me pulls her weight, as I’ve always felt cooking and other household tasks should be shared.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
She cooks all week, as its generally on the table when I get home, at 6pm. I cook both nights at the weekend. Seems fair.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I do all the cooking during the week (stay at home dad) but she does her bit at the weekend.
We normally fight over cooking sunday lunch

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
In a flat share where it's me and a couple; good friends from Uni. Occasionally cook for each other, but generally I just cook for me and they cook for them. They do have a tendency to cook too much and give me left overs which is nice.

Don't really have a signature dish as such, although I like doing chicken in white sauce with veggies and potatoes. Make the sauce, cook the chicken in a frying pan and steam/boil the veggies. Then bung the veggies in with the chicken, turn the heat down and pour the white sauce over. Then just leave it all in the pan on a low heat for 10 minutes or so. Plate up the potatoes, then plonk the rest of it on pouring the sauce over the potatoes.

Not the fanciest of meals, but I like it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I do 100% of the cooking. In fact I wouldn't let her anywhere near the cooker... she cannot cook, simple as! Cooking is up there with my favourite hobbies.

Generally cook curry, spag bol, chinese pork, Burmese dishes, Chilli con carne, etc.

I reckon she goes mostly for one of my Burmese noodle and prawn dishes.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think that being able to cook is as important as being able to put your trousers on - everyone ought to know how. I love doing it, at whatever level, whether it's just knocking something up quickly or spending time to do something poperly. Making my own pasta, which is very easy, is really satisfying, once you know how to roll it properly. Making bread is fun too - and I don't mean a bread-machine - that is not "making bread" in any artisan sense.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I do 98% of the cooking. It's not that she's a bad cook, just that I enjoy it and for her it's a chore.

Don't have a signature dish, although based on minimum effort / preparation / cooking time to maximum taste ratio, then mee goreng tends to crop up most regularly as it delivers the biggest pay-off.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think that being able to cook is as important as being able to put your trousers on - everyone ought to know how. I love doing it, at whatever level, whether it's just knocking something up quickly or spending time to do something poperly. Making my own pasta, which is very easy, is really satisfying, once you know how to roll it properly. Making bread is fun too - and I don't mean a bread-machine - that is not "making bread" in any artisan sense.

Making bread (and pasta) is quite a cathartic pastime.

Making ice cream is fun too - none of that 'ice-cream maker' nonsense. The fun you can have with flavours is great - there's a home-made rum and chocolate effort in the freezer right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here