Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Rovers FC v Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread***

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
After not really performing we nick a point, thats the sign of a good team in the making ... just need to learn to kill games off now

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Other teams have strengthened as well you know
I don't really agree there, some teams get stronger, some weaker, I don't think the standard in the Championship took a leap forward this year.
having a strong team on paper doesn't mean a lot
There's obviously more to it, but given that we haven't changed our manager/system or the core of our players, our new signings should mean we're a better side than last year. Blackburn are not in the same boat, they've changed everything (again) so it's a fresh start for them.

Personally, I'm happy to be subjected to glorious passing football and a fantastic reputation while we slowly grind our way up the table.
I'm happy too, although we don't seem to be going up the table, even slowly.

seagull stu

Feb 14, 2007
Still don't believe it until naylor confirms on twitter. Where has he gone. Hasn't even told me there is a penalty yet.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Team set up for a draw and got one. All attacking players rested for Saturday so no 3 games in a week. Vicente fitter now. And after seeing fans celebrate last minute goals against us, we can now celebrate the same. Poor performance but sounds all ok to me.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Well blow me down with a feather. I've been busy at work for the last few hours and have just ducked back to check the score. Sounds like that may have been the best way to watch the match. Table looks surprisingly unshabby really. I'll take 7th at the end of January. We know we're not the finished article but we're knocking at the door.

Feb 14, 2010
Agreed, and some of us have the right not to be called "happy clappy deluded super fans" (as you alluded to earlier in this thread), just because we're content with the progress, accept we won't win every game and don't feel the need to be relentlessly negative like the vocal minority on here.

1. I stick up for Poyet against those that want some old long ball manager.
2. But, that does notmean that the players and manager cannot do wrong and when they do, then people will comment. People comment on the points chucked away, so fair enough.Players got out of jail, great but are you surprised they put in that performance tonight? i'm not, but you watch them against Arsenal. That is not good enough and Poyet should demand better. This club has done fck all since 1983 and before that since 1910. Players, managers and fans at this club need to raise their acceptable standards. We will get 30,000 at home next season, now look around at the sort of clubs drawing those sort of gates. Tonight was not good enough, and nor is 12 draws.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
1. I stick up for Poyet against those that want some old long ball manager.
2. But, that does notmean that the players and manager cannot do wrong and when they do, then people will comment. People comment on the points chucked away, so fair enough.Players got out of jail, great but are you surprised they put in that performance tonight? i'm not, but you watch them against Arsenal. That is not good enough and Poyet should demand better. This club has done fck all since 1983 and before that since 1910. Players, managers and fans at this club need to raise their acceptable standards. We will get 30,000 at home next season, now look around at the sort of clubs drawing those sort of gates. Tonight was not good enough, and nor is 12 draws.

Are you menopausal?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
undeserved point from a penalty "in Fergie time" - the sixth minute of five minutes injury time.
Awful ref finally did.something for us!

Well done Spanish!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sounded like Blackburn were set up to disrupt and kick us out of the game, which we fell for unfortunately. Blackburn will accuse us of diving, playacting and moaning I'm sure.

Anyway, a poor performance and an away point. Could be important at the end of the season.

Arsenal next and up to 7th.

:)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry chaps - all my fault - I was listening (on 5live extra).....whenever I listen (like if I come home to Sussex to visit my dear old Mum and can tune in to Radio Sussex, or if it's available on some other channell) we always play crap - drawing this time was a rare triumph! Last time I heard us winning on the radio was 5-0 away to Bath City in the FA Cup in the 1960's......now I'm looking for sponsorship never to listen again!

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
No doubt that twat Withdean Wanderer is dreaming up his next ridiculous thread, something along the lines of would we be top with Appleton in charge.

Good point tonight in tricky conditions, sign of a good side as someone else has put on this thread.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Agreed, and some of us have the right not to be called "happy clappy deluded super fans" (as you alluded to earlier in this thread), just because we're content with the progress, accept we won't win every game and don't feel the need to be relentlessly negative like the vocal minority on here.

I have no problem with 'fans having a right to call it how it is' if it is constructive, instead of the complete bollocks of around 90% of the shite posted here. This one out, that one out, he's crap, sack the manager, we're rubbish, etc., etc., and as you allude to brightonrock, it is fine for them to insult people that would rather support the team until the end and have a more positive and probably balanced view of the overall season, not the one bad game. It seems the majority of moaners on here think we should be getting automatically promoted season in, season out and yet mock the likes of Leeds Utd supporters for the same aspirations. It is a really depressing thing to sit here reading the match threads nowadays and I think I'll be keeping away from them in future. It should have an adult warning before entering the thread that it's full of people that seem to have a collective IQ of about 12.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here