Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Rovers FC v Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread***

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
And I was as cheesed of as any tonight. BUT you know full well that it will steal the thunder of some posters on here who LOVE to vent their spleen. There were even threads started about Gus while the game was still going on!!!!

I'm only 56 but if you could see me tonight you would say I looked more like my 80 year old dad:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2: Will I last the season:lolol:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Phew. Loads of positivity at training tomorrow with the new boys ( Vicente included). Everything to play for. Release the hounds.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I gave up just after the 90 min mark, and went back to some work I'd been pretending to do. Texted a friend saying how pissed off I was, only for him to call me to say we'd equalised! Unbelievable....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Imagine if you went and left a few mins early because of the snow reports. How sad would that be?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm only 56 but if you could see me tonight you would say I looked more like my 80 year old dad:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2: Will I last the season:lolol:

You are a year older than me matey. You will last the season. With the way things are going, see you at Wembley. :cheers:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I have no problem with 'fans having a right to call it how it is' if it is constructive, instead of the complete bollocks of around 90% of the shite posted here. This one out, that one out, he's crap, sack the manager, we're rubbish, etc., etc., and as you allude to brightonrock, it is fine for them to insult people that would rather support the team until the end and have a more positive and probably balanced view of the overall season, not the one bad game. It seems the majority of moaners on here think we should be getting automatically promoted season in, season out and yet mock the likes of Leeds Utd supporters for the same aspirations. It is a really depressing thing to sit here reading the match threads nowadays and I think I'll be keeping away from them in future. It should have an adult warning before entering the thread that it's full of people that seem to have a collective IQ of about 12.

Err, yep, this!

I'm very bored of being called a 'Poyet and Barnes licker' because we lose one game or Barnes misses one chance and I'm not screaming like a mentalist from the rooftops. Over the course of the season I think we're far better than we were last season. Are we drawing too many games? Yes. But it's such fine margins, a few late goals or individual mistakes...in another universe we lost tonight but won half a dozen of the games we've drawn and we're in the automatic spots. I see it as a positive - we're so, so close to tearing this league a new one. It may not turn out to be this season, we may have to wait until the next - and that may be difficult for some who want it now - but I take it as a positive that we are where we are, rather than a negative that we're not top.

But then I'm a blind simpleton apparently.

Feb 14, 2010
I have no problem with 'fans having a right to call it how it is' if it is constructive, instead of the complete bollocks of around 90% of the shite posted here. This one out, that one out, he's crap, sack the manager, we're rubbish, etc., etc., and as you allude to brightonrock, it is fine for them to insult people that would rather support the team until the end and have a more positive and probably balanced view of the overall season, not the one bad game. It seems the majority of moaners on here think we should be getting automatically promoted season in, season out and yet mock the likes of Leeds Utd supporters for the same aspirations. It is a really depressing thing to sit here reading the match threads nowadays and I think I'll be keeping away from them in future. It should have an adult warning before entering the thread that it's full of people that seem to have a collective IQ of about 12.

Brighton have traditionally been happy to get big gates in lower leagues. In other words under achieve. To achieve we have to change this culture. We will get 30,000 next season and so we should set the bench mark at the sort of clubs who also get 30,000 at home. We are a long way from this and this is not a "moan".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Pen was actually awarded at 5'21, so 21 seconds after the end of added on time.

The ref can add on additional time for time wasting , it has worked against us in the past.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Err, yep, this!

I'm very bored of being called a 'Poyet and Barnes licker' because we lose one game or Barnes misses one chance and I'm not screaming like a mentalist from the rooftops. Over the course of the season I think we're far better than we were last season. Are we drawing too many games? Yes. But it's such fine margins, a few late goals or individual mistakes...in another universe we lost tonight but won half a dozen of the games we've drawn and we're in the automatic spots. I see it as a positive - we're so, so close to tearing this league a new one. It may not turn out to be this season, we may have to wait until the next - and that may be difficult for some who want it now - but I take it as a positive that we are where we are, rather than a negative that we're not top.

But then I'm a blind simpleton apparently.

Then I'm a blind simpleton too.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
It was all about survival tonight. Grim freezing north, missing visas, unfit superstar, big match imminent, play-offs slipping. We survived. ONWARDS

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Brighton have traditionally been happy to get big gates in lower leagues. In other words under achieve. To achieve we have to change this culture. We will get 30,000 next season and so we should set the bench mark at the sort of clubs who also get 30,000 at home. We are a long way from this and this is not a "moan".

Sorry, why are you quoting me with attendances? I don't get it.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
If only 5 of those 12 draws were converted to wins, we would be in an automatic promotion place. Sounded like a strange formation starting tonight to accommodate Vicente, shows we are still trying to find the right formula. While we stay in touch of the Playoffs we should all be hopeful that a run of wins will push us up the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here