Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter signs on loan until January

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This thread reminds me of the "Oh Shit Not Revell" thread of a few years ago. He turned out to be just what we needed at the time and I believe we even made money on him.

Last edited:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I'm more than satisfied if this deal is true and sincerely hope that things work out for him in the stripes.....

If not, TB may approach "Gus is god" as our next boss if anyone from the club does indeed read this site!:p

Welcome aboard the Gus bus Billy... Show us what you're made of son.:thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Got to be a good move for BP , especially as Barnsey has lost his mojo and is running around like a headless chicken at the moment.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He scored his first and what turned out to be only Southend goal in a 3–2 League Cup victory over Brighton.[

Bit more experience than Barnes, not sure to see what improvement it will be yet, but at least it adds competition.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
His awful guys come on, you only have to read the Leeds reviews of him. Im really disappointed by this
Just change your user name already. If you have any faith in Gus, why be disappointed? We haven't missed out on someone else because of this. Gus think he can help, that should be good enough for you. If he's not able to help, no harm done.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the question I asked myself is "is he better than what we have in that role" and the answer is a definate yes, so for me a good signing, I think BP and CMS can forge a good partenrship. Thats not a moan either about Barnes, he is still learning his trade and will be better in time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus has been after Paynter for ages, he must see his qualities. I think it could turn out quite an astute signing, if it doesn't come off we can send him back. No lose situation as far as I'm concerned.
I agree. It's only for a couple of months but if it does work out then we can try and buy him in January or just let him go back.
For someone who doesn't like loan signings.................
Poyet doesn't like short term loans. He fought long and hard to get LuaLua on loan as it was a long term loan for the season.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
the question I asked myself is "is he better than what we have in that role" and the answer is a definate yes, so for me a good signing, I think BP and CMS can forge a good partenrship. Thats not a moan either about Barnes, he is still learning his trade and will be better in time.

Has Ashley barnes been given enough of a chance to forge a partnership with Cms though as a central striker? I think he's been hard done by.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Obviously Paynter isn't up to Leeds Champions League standard (where they surely belong) but I reckon he will do just fine with us.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I agree. It's only for a couple of months but if it does work out then we can try and buy him in January or just let him go back.

Poyet doesn't like short term loans. He fought long and hard to get LuaLua on loan as it was a long term loan for the season.

Also..i would add..doesn't like and doing are 2 different things..he never said he wouldn't ...and from what i have read of harpers comments he would like to stay longer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here