Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy Paynter signs on loan until January

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Also, I dont know where people get that he is some sort of monster who will hold the ball up? He is the same height as Ashley Barnes.

I hate the assumption that someone who holds the ball up needs to big a big lump. Everyone goes on about a target man and assumes we need some donkey up front. Size doesn't matter, Murray was brilliant at holding the ball up. Craig Noone seems to be very good at it because the opposition can't get the ball off him

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Im sorry i upset people by my stance on here, and i really do hope im proven wrong, but he's record at Championship level is awful, i agree at league 1 and 2 its good, but in this league he has had 3 goes and not hit it off at all, and thats not me being a wanker etc.... its the truth his tried to have a go at it at 3 clubs and in them 3 attempts has been not good enough. Thats why this loan has not get me excited, i feel there possibly are better options out there. I hope he does well i want any player to, but my really big worry is this is not going to be the answer, as people have stated on this forum many times that we have not overly strengthened areas we should have and have league 1 players in the team currently (not a view i agree with but it has been said) so my worry here is that we have signed a player that has only ever done well at league 1 and 2 but has had chances at Championship level but has not performed it any of them.

Slag me of do what you want, but thats my view.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Lmfao what a shit response i couldnt give a toss if he ant played a game yet, his done nothing to impress me at Leeds at all, nothing so its not a great signing for me at all infact its f***ing woeful

As a Leeds fan pointed out his work rate is good although lacking in goals in the championship. That reminds me of a certain Peterborough striker a few years ago who some rate quite highly now........but ignore me what do i know. It sounds like you should be a scout for a top premiership club as you're very knowledgable.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Im sorry i upset people by my stance on here, and i really do hope im proven wrong, but he's record at Championship level is awful, i agree at league 1 and 2 its good, but in this league he has had 3 goes and not hit it off at all, and thats not me being a wanker etc.... its the truth his tried to have a go at it at 3 clubs and in them 3 attempts has been not good enough. Thats why this loan has not get me excited, i feel there possibly are better options out there. I hope he does well i want any player to, but my really big worry is this is not going to be the answer, as people have stated on this forum many times that we have not overly strengthened areas we should have and have league 1 players in the team currently (not a view i agree with but it has been said) so my worry here is that we have signed a player that has only ever done well at league 1 and 2 but has had chances at Championship level but has not performed it any of them.

Slag me of do what you want, but thats my view.

HE'S. not HIS.

HE'S

PLEASE

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
The reports from Leeds fans don't look good for sure, but this is a player Gus knows well, and can possibly get the best out of.

Good luck to him, we've needed someone else up front. Can't be anything but positive about this.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
If this is not a wind up I seriously recommend going back to school!

I suggest you shut up, i have already had this with an Admin on here today not really up for going through it with you or on the public board but if you want to we can

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
The reports from Leeds fans don't look good for sure, but this is a player Gus knows well, and can possibly get the best out of.

Good luck to him, we've needed someone else up front. Can't be anything but positive about this.
Exactly, I'm sure this will work.
I am very pleased we have a manager who is not worried about going back on his word, when things aren't working, I.E. the loan signings. We are very lucky to have him here.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Absolutely this.

For some reason or other, some spells are doomed for a certain player, but that doesn't mean he is now a poor footballer.

See i would agree but its not just LEEDS thats the issue its the other 2 failed attempts at the Championship he has had that people seem to forget.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Alright, maybe just re-read what you write, before you post.:thumbsup:

i agree i should my spelling is awful and embarrassing, hence why i have one of these spell check things on my browser, but i often get words mixed up and He's and his are one of the main ones it would seem.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sorry to be a killjoy but other than one SS twitterer where else has this been confirmed? I only looked at the first few posts by the way, so if it's been posted in any of the ELEVEN pages I've not seen it. Nothing on the official site though...

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Sorry to be a killjoy but other than one SS twitterer where else has this been confirmed? I only looked at the first few posts by the way, so if it's been posted in any of the ELEVEN pages I've not seen it. Nothing on the official site though...

The national papers seem to be reporting it, but nothing official yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here