Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BIG name opposition at Falmer according to Andy Naylor

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Its man city, that was agreed right after our cup tie with them so I was told, old news naylor!

same as m8 i hear the same thing

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I was at a tour of the ground the other week and quizzed MP on this very issue, I'd really like to see a team with some sort of affinity or relevance to the club- such as doncaster, MP laughed at me when I made such a suggestion. Wanker.

I hardly think the standard of the opposition is going to effect the size iof the crowd for the first major friendly...

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I was at a tour of the ground the other week and quizzed MP on this very issue, I'd really like to see a team with some sort of affinity or relevance to the club- such as doncaster, MP laughed at me when I made such a suggestion. Wanker.

I hardly think the standard of the opposition is going to effect the size iof the crowd for the first major friendly...

The MP was right !

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Pushing it a bit saying Doncaster will be a major friendly!

You will not sell the stadium out for a friendly unless you play a top team.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Pushing it a bit saying Doncaster will be a major friendly!

You will not sell the stadium out for a friendly unless you play a top team.

I think it should be one of the ramp up events where we don't want a full house, I particularly like the idea I've mentioned before, with the actual teams from the last game at the goldstone.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Its man city, that was agreed right after our cup tie with them so I was told, old news naylor!

it was going to be City, this is true, but at a Seagulls Over London meeting wtih Mr Bloom, he said that whilst they appreciated this offer they were looking elsewhere and that we would not be disappointed. Which suggest prem top 4. I'd wager Arsenal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not very interested in seeing Doncaster to be honest. Its debatable whether it would sell out, and we might even be playing them in the League next season anyway.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Itll probably be Southampton as we played first match at StMarys

Well in fairness, they are a massive, huge club, the Real Madrid of Hampshire if you will. We should be HONOURED at the idea they might grace our stadium with The Southampton Style(c).

Don't let them have any photos of the occasion though.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I really want the first game to be a league game for me so I think I will just wait for that

Glad you said that. Much as I can't wait, I'm still thinking that a friendly at a two thirds full ground against a Premier League's third choice XI might ruin the magic of it all for me.

I want memories of a big build up, a full house and a game that matters, not a Noddy occasion with an atmosphere like those Sky Masters five a side games. Much as I'll be itching to find out what Falmer's like, and will be more so from reading reports from fans who do go to the friendlies, I think I'd rather hold out.

I've waited thirteen years: I can hang on another week for a proper game.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Glad you said that. Much as I can't wait, I'm still thinking that a friendly at a two thirds full ground against a Premier League's third choice XI might ruin the magic of it all for me.

I want memories of a big build up, a full house and a game that matters, not a Noddy occasion with an atmosphere like those Sky Masters five a side games. Much as I'll be itching to find out what Falmer's like, and will be more so from reading reports from fans who do go to the friendlies, I think I'd rather hold out.

I've waited thirteen years: I can hang on another week for a proper game.

If we organised a game against a top Premier League side, we would certainly not be playing an XI.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here