Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BIG name opposition at Falmer according to Andy Naylor

Danks

Aug 19, 2010
As they have got to increase the gate slowly, I was thinking we might open it with 10,000 (maybe 5) at a reserve game.

I'm pretty sure one will be a concert:

a) Because there's no way we'd sell out all three of those, thus it wouldn't work very well as a ramp-up
b) Because Martin Perry kept stressing at the fans forum that not all the events would necessarily be football
c) They will want to see how the concert thing works with people standing on the pitch, etc.

I would love one of the events to be a Fatboy Slim gig BUT surely we don't want a load of people standing on our lovely new pitch just before a prestigious grand opening? How crap would it look if our first game is live on SKY HD showing off the highest specification stadium IN THE WORLD (well maybe) and the pitch looks second hand because a few thousand of us had a party on it a week or so before...

A concert/sound clash with Norm on a rotating platform (or boxing ring) in the centre circle (and the fans off the pitch) would do nicely! :thumbsup:

And whilst on the subject of not sullying our stadium before it's even officially opened... NO I don't want the Palarce coming to visit for a pre-season game. :sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here