Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
All your Ben Whites are belong to us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mr Naylor suggesting that we have an option on White ( presumably a 3rd year ) after the 2 years left on his contract.

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC/status/1289104608397230080?s=19

He'll be very expensive.

Brian Owen says as much in the Argus.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18618901.albion-remained-relaxed-ben-white-plans-take-shape

Albion will tell suitors they are relaxed about Ben White’s contract situation – and have no intention of selling him.

The club continued to show their eye for the future by yesterday announcing new deals, through to June 2024, for both Aaron Connolly and Steven Alzate.

That followed the arrival of experience in free agent Adam Lallana and bargain buy Joel Veltman, both on three-year contracts.

Veltman cost about £900,000 from Ajax and covers right-sided defensive areas preferred by White.

However, The Argus understands Albion will also look to improve White’s terms after his impressive loan season at Leeds.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brian Owen says as much in the Argus.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18618901.albion-remained-relaxed-ben-white-plans-take-shape

Albion will tell suitors they are relaxed about Ben White’s contract situation – and have no intention of selling him.

The club continued to show their eye for the future by yesterday announcing new deals, through to June 2024, for both Aaron Connolly and Steven Alzate.

That followed the arrival of experience in free agent Adam Lallana and bargain buy Joel Veltman, both on three-year contracts.

Veltman cost about £900,000 from Ajax and covers right-sided defensive areas preferred by White.

However, The Argus understands Albion will also look to improve White’s terms after his impressive loan season at Leeds.

Pretty much what I'd expect - I think White will come back after his holiday, sign a new contract (armed no doubt with full knowledge of the deal Connolly has) and twitter will be full of Leeds fans crying into their whippets, followed by #teamslikebrighton posts and then, as the rage subsides, 'we can do better', 'wasn't that good anyway', and 'wouldn't have made the step up'. :shrug:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
This knowledge of an option (assume it’s ours to extend for a further year) is quite significant.
Puts us in an even stronger position.
Two years, with the possibility to go to three when he’s on say £10k per week ( assume close but don’t know).
Tony is a poker player and he holds all the aces on this.
Even if Ben and his agent want to force a move to Leeds, they have no chance. They’ll come to the club and ask for an improved deal and it will be offered for four years I reckon and it won’t be on more than Connolly or Alzate are on. (They’ve played in the PL , Ben hasn’t).
I reckon they will state to Ben that if he does well this season they are open to negotiate the wages upwards, as I’m sure they will do for Connolly and Alzate.
What’s Ben going to do, even if he wants out? He’ll sulk for a bit, get left on the bench, and then change tact and sign the new contract. Hopefully he wants a nice new contract straight away but I doubt he’ll earn more than Connolly and Alzate.
It’s a really cute move by the club to offer the deals to Connolly and Alzate when they have.
The ball is now is Ben/ his agent’s court.
Leeds have as much relevance to this whole situation as Alexis Texas does to my love life (unfortunately).

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This knowledge of an option (assume it’s ours to extend for a further year) is quite significant.
Two years, with the possibility to go to three when he’s on say £10k per annum. ( assume close but don’t know).
Even if Ben and his agent want to force a move to Leeds, they have no chance. They’ll come to the club and ask for an improved deal and it will be offered for four years I reckon and it won’t be on more than Connolly or Alzate are on. (They’ve played in the PL , Ben hasn’t).
I reckon they will state to Ben that if he does well this season they are open to negotiate the wages upwards, as I’m sure they will do for Connolly and Alzate.
What’s Ben going to do, even if he wants out? He’ll sulk for a bit, get left on the bench, and then change tact and sign the new contract. Hopefully he wants a nice new contract straight away but I doubt he’ll earn more than Connolly and Alzate.
It’s a really cute move by the club to offer the deals to Connolly and Alzate when they have.
Leeds have as much relevance to this whole situation as Alexis Texas does to my love life (unfortunately).

You think he is paid below minimum wage?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Two years, with the possibility to go to three when he’s on say £10k per week ( assume close but don’t know).

That and also the transfer business we’ve already done shows significant ambition on behalf of the club. And who knows what other incomings there’ll be.

I pointed out earlier in the week that BW instantly ‘liked’ the club announcement on the signing of Lallana. Look at what Ben can learn from an elite winner like that who’s won pretty much everything in the game, oh, and here’s Champions League Ajax defender who will help pass on some knowledge. Not to mention the already present Dunky, Maupay, Lamptey, Biss et al.

It must be exciting for a young player and we clearly believe in him.

We are a club going places. I think It’s inevitable he’ll sign a new deal, in fact I expect it next week.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Perhaps it is £10k pa.... it’s cheap to live up north you know.

No chance he will come back then as he probably has bought Barnsley with his £10k and £3 promotion bonus.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That and also the transfer business we’ve already done shows significant ambition on behalf of the club. And who knows what other incomings there’ll be.

I pointed out earlier in the week that BW instantly ‘liked’ the club announcement on the signing of Lallana. Look at what Ben can learn from an elite winner like that who’s won pretty much everything in the game, oh, and here’s Champions League Ajax defender who will help pass on some knowledge. Not to mention the already present Dunky, Maupay, Lamptey, Biss et al.

It must be exciting for a young player and we clearly believe in him.

We are a club going places. I think It’s inevitable he’ll sign a new deal, in fact I expect it next week.

This. The club are pretty impeccable in all their dealings - White will have a nice uplift on the table. Apart from (distant) history, the best manager in the world (according to the Leeds fans, but who might walk out at any minute) and the gobshites themselves (in their own view, again) what exactly are Leeds going to offer that we won't exceed anyway ? Championship squad with no pedigree or experience in the PL, likely relegation battle, big squad overhaul etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here