Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The lurking Yorkshire chavs will be to confused by the turn in this thread. Too-Nil Albion!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’ve singed a utility defender so looking to offload one of the hottest defensive prospects about

Ok ......clowns [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy has 4 followers - you’re just JEALOUS as he’s clearly ITK!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Bielsa ... what a load of cock.

The theory: this renaissance man, this genius, the maestro that is Bielsa sprinkled his fairy dust over Ben White and a star was born.

The reality:

• 18 yo Ben White made his professional debut for BHA
  • 19 yo Ben White loaned to Newport, hailed as a future star, player of the year
  • 21 yo Ben White first team squad member, in match day squad
  • 21 yo Ben White loaned to Peterborough to gain experience when BDB comes in from Wigan
  • 21 yo Ben White loaned to Leeds, hailed as a future star, player of the year
  • 22 yo Ben White returned to BHA a better player, ready for the PL

Or as the Leeds delusion has it:

A) The cock crowed just before dawn
B) The sun rose
The cock caused the sun to rise

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone else worried about this post? ???

I'd be more concerned if he said:-

Future England Captain - I can't wait to get back a support him.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
We should SING you up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone should create a thread for me! Here is my current heading, to whet the appetite.

#holdthenerve 5AF3E170-E4CF-47C2-A558-273050221CE1.png

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Good for you. Quilp is a fantastically grotesque villain in the same book. I love the way he jumps on the table and glowers menacingly at the heroine! Both he and Dick are almost more alive to me than many real people I know.

I have read all the novels for my sins (as you say it is time consuming) and they all have great passages and characters within even if the quality is uneven, and the sentimentality not to modern tastes. I love the humour and characters like Swiveller.

Copperfield and Pickwick are my favourites I think, but Curiosity Shop is definitely up there.

It amazes me that Dickens isn't more popular than he is. You and I appreciate the greatness of the characterisations, but we are a small minority nowadays. People haven't got the time for long novels I suppose. But to get lost in his world is wonderful, as you know, and they don't know what they are missing!

Definitely agree about Quilp - probably the most unpleasant villain in any book I have ever read - zero redeeming features. Got a bit of a soft spot for Dombey and Son although that may be the Brighton link. And Bleak House because Jarndyce vs Jarndyce can still be quoted now about so many court cases - our own fight for Falmer included. Luckily, we didn't completely run out of money. Also the Ponzi scheme in Little Dorrit - still contemporary.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Even better, they've given him an England cap. Surely we don't refer to players as 'English Internationals' unless they've played for the senior team? Christ, I played for England under-5s in the early 80s!!

Ben White hasn't been capped at any level by England, so goodness knows what that tweet was going on about.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Ben White hasn't been capped at any level by England, so goodness knows what that tweet was going on about.

I often bow down to your knowledge on our youngsters AZG, but I think you are overlooking the possibility that he could be awarded an honorary cap, a bit like Chris' degree from US! Post dated to the day he first set eyes on messiah biesla

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Bielsa ... what a load of cock.

The theory: this renaissance man, this genius, the maestro that is Bielsa sprinkled his fairy dust over Ben White and a star was born.

The reality:

• 18 yo Ben White made his professional debut for BHA
  • 19 yo Ben White loaned to Newport, hailed as a future star, player of the year
  • 21 yo Ben White first team squad member, in match day squad
  • 21 yo Ben White loaned to Peterborough to gain experience when BDB comes in from Wigan
  • 21 yo Ben White loaned to Leeds, hailed as a future star, player of the year
  • 22 yo Ben White returned to BHA a better player, ready for the PL

Or as the Leeds delusion has it:

A) The cock crowed just before dawn
B) The sun rose
The cock caused the sun to rise

I love this post

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Even better, they've given him an England cap. Surely we don't refer to players as 'English Internationals' unless they've played for the senior team? Christ, I played for England under-5s in the early 80s!!

I would think we would refer to him as an England international anyway, not an English one. If he had played for an England side at any level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here