Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Lazy. They’ve just put 2 and 2 together and made 5. Nothing to see here.

Even better, they've given him an England cap. Surely we don't refer to players as 'English Internationals' unless they've played for the senior team? Christ, I played for England under-5s in the early 80s!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Even better, they've given him an England cap. Surely we don't refer to players as 'English Internationals' unless they've played for the senior team? Christ, I played for England under-5s in the early 80s!!

We should SING you up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Desperate for the hits from Leeds Twitter no doubt

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

And you were 23 at the time..................ringer

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Said it a few times. Ben White won't be going to Leeds. Cost to much money

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Great user name.

One of my favourite Dickens characters, and I love Curiosity Shop. (Well half of it, not the Little Nell scenes).

Are you a Dickens fan? Or did you just like the name?

Definitely a Dickens fan and I changed to this name during my binge period. I had read a few but found some very good audiobook versions of the others and this was one. Think they weighed in around 30 hours though.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I love this Ben White thread.

Let’s hope he is as brilliant as everyone thinks. I’m reserving judgment until I’ve seen him play in the Premier League.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
Definitely a Dickens fan and I changed to this name during my binge period. I had read a few but found some very good audiobook versions of the others and this was one. Think they weighed in around 30 hours though.

Good for you. Quilp is a fantastically grotesque villain in the same book. I love the way he jumps on the table and glowers menacingly at the heroine! Both he and Dick are almost more alive to me than many real people I know.

I have read all the novels for my sins (as you say it is time consuming) and they all have great passages and characters within even if the quality is uneven, and the sentimentality not to modern tastes. I love the humour and characters like Swiveller.

Copperfield and Pickwick are my favourites I think, but Curiosity Shop is definitely up there.

It amazes me that Dickens isn't more popular than he is. You and I appreciate the greatness of the characterisations, but we are a small minority nowadays. People haven't got the time for long novels I suppose. But to get lost in his world is wonderful, as you know, and they don't know what they are missing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here