Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
This. It's also why I can only see him leaving to one of the big 6 clubs who have enough in the bank that they could frankly play behind closed doors forever and not notice.

Very much this. Essentially money enough to gamble on the fact that on premier league experience. If that swoop happens all the rubbish between Albion and Leeds fans is going to look a little dumb.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Is he planning to gamble £40m on that opinion?

btw... Not saying Ben isn't going to be a star... Just saying at this point, it's not a given. Plenty of players were amazing in the championship, only to be bang average (or worse) in the PL. It is about more than just raw talent.

no but he is a subscriber to Leeds tv and has seen just about every game they've played this season ....he reckons he's mustard , we'll see next season eh...??:cool:
:wink:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

It's a toughie.

Defend a corner with Lewis Dunk and head the ball clear to a breaking Maupay

Or

Defend it with Liam Cooper and head it to Patrick flamin' Bamford.

:lolol:

And this too btw.

Aside from all the entertainment we get from the delusion of Leeds fans, it is shocking how blinkered they are to us as a team and as a club at this present moment.

The way they describe us and our hoof ball you’d think we were Pulis’ Stoke team! Yet look at the quality of players we have throughout the club right now. It’s technically hugely ahead of theirs.

Maupay, Lamptey, Dunk, Webster, Gross, Biss, Connolly, Lallana.. even our squad players would likely improve their team, eg; Montoya, Duffy, Solly, Propper .

They also think Potter is a hoofball merchant. Just weird, even as a general football fan it seems incredibly blinkered. I know most here for instance have a fairly good knowledge of other clubs. Not with the Leeds lot.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The 'top6' will have seen him play, same as everyone. However, you seem to be caught up in the same 'Second Coming of the Messiah' as the deluded lot up north.

There won't be a bidding war as no other club *need* him in the same way we do.

You're not pointing the finger at the right person. I don't think White will go and I don't think there'll be a bidding war. My opinion is that the big clubs will bide their time and see how he performs - if that means they pay more, so be it - they can afford it.

It was Seagull78 who thought that he may go to a big club, I was pointing out that IF that were the case, he'd go for more than £35m. But I don't think it's a very likely scenario.

Nor do I think Bloom will sell to Leeds but IF he does, it will be for more than £35m .

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
You're not pointing the finger at the right person. I don't think White will go and I don't think there'll be a bidding war. My opinion is that the big clubs will bide their time and see how he performs - if that means they pay more, so be it - they can afford it.

It was Seagull78 who thought that he may go to a big club, I was pointing out that IF that were the case, he'd go for more than £35m. But I don't think it's a very likely scenario.

Nor do I think Bloom will sell to Leeds but IF he does, it will be for more than £35m .

And Leeds don't have this sort of money. They've had to refund season tickets and lower their projections for future income like everyone else, but without the benefit of the Premier League TV money, which won't come through until May.

I'd be very surprised if they actually bid for White. More surprised if they bid somewhere near his market value, gobsmacked if we sanctioned the sale.

£35m is probably the total of what Leeds will spend this summer, including the purchases they've committed to

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I was talking to a Newport County STH last night, we were scoring at the cricket, and he is still raving about White. He mentioned his calmness under pressure, his ability to play the ball away from attackers, a fantastic first touch and great passing ability. Like so many of the Leeds fans he said he’s an England player in the making.

Now to me, it sounds like he has the attributes to be the perfect defender in a Graham Potter team. I’m really looking forward to watching him play for us.

The Newport manager said he would play for England when he was on loan there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why would White stay at Brighton when he can go to a bigger club?

Sorry, wrong thread.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And Leeds don't have this sort of money. They've had to refund season tickets and lower their projections for future income like everyone else, but without the benefit of the Premier League TV money, which won't come through until May.

I'd be very surprised if they actually bid for White. More surprised if they bid somewhere near his market value, gobsmacked if we sanctioned the sale.

£35m is probably the total of what Leeds will spend this summer, including the purchases they've committed to

I think Leeds will spend more than £35m - they're already committed to £18m for a striker that they don't want but I agree that they won't buy White.

Just to make it plain. I think White's market value is around £25m to £30m BUT we don't want to sell him so if we did, he'd go for a lot more. But I don't think it's likely as Leeds (who do want him) can't afford him and other clubs will bide their time.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think Leeds will spend more than £35m - they're already committed to £18m for a striker that they don't want but I agree that they won't buy White.

Just to make it plain. I think White's market value is around £25m to £30m BUT we don't want to sell him so if we did, he'd go for a lot more. But I don't think it's likely as Leeds (who do want him) can't afford him and other clubs will bide their time.

Press say they're now in pole position to get Cavani, press also say Cavani has pulled out of his preferred move to Benfica as they wouldn't meet his 18mill pa (350k pw) wage demands.

If he ends up at Leeds will show they've learned nothing, and surely nothing left for Ben (who there fans on MOT forum think they wouldn't pay more than 20 mill for)

Should this be on the deluded Leeds fans thread!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Press say they're now in pole position to get Cavani, press also say Cavani has pulled out of his preferred move to Benfica as they wouldn't meet his 18mill pa (350k pw) wage demands.

If he ends up at Leeds will show they've learned nothing, and surely nothing left for Ben (who there fans on MOT forum think they wouldn't pay more than 20 mill for)

Should this be on the deluded Leeds fans thread!

IF that happens

That type of signing represents an existential risk to the club

Not sure Cavani is the player I'd want on a freezing mid-winter relegation battle. Not sure you'd be getting much for your £350k per week, when he's getting duffed up at Burnley. Probably he will get a few when he first joins, (if he joins) but not enough to counter-act the number they'll ship

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
IF that happens

That type of signing represents an existential risk to the club

Not sure Cavani is the player I'd want on a freezing mid-winter relegation battle. Not sure you'd be getting much for your £350k per week, when he's getting duffed up at Burnley. Probably he will get a few when he first joins, (if he joins) but not enough to counter-act the number they'll ship

It reminds me of when Bradford City built those two huge stands and signed Benito Carbone. Goodness knows how much they were paying him per week. A few seasons later, Dean Bowditch was getting the winner there for us in League One.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
New contracts just been announced for Connolly and Alzate...

... will Ben White be announced soon? If he wants more money, you’d think he’d be keen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

... will Ben White be announced soon? If he wants more money, you’d think he’d be keen.

I think his loan is still registered until after the playoffs, could be wrong though...?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Cavani at £350k pw, would be about as bad a bit of business as anyone could do in my opinion, especially a team like Leeds who need strengthening in a number of areas. Please let it happen.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014

With 2 years to run on his contract I don’t suppose he or the club are as anxious as us.
Agree that it needs sorting, we don’t want him to reach one year on his contract.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I refuse to believe Ben White is that in love with Leeds he is going to be disruptive to try and force a move. Lets be honest he has played a couple of seasons in the football league but I don't think he can be billy big bollocks about it.

1) Try and force a move, but no idea if Leeds can or would buy him. He risks then sitting around for 1-2 years on his 'small' wages if he becomes disruptive.
2) Signs a new deal with us - gets a big pay rise and no doubt told the role he will have with the first team. Perhaps even we agree a release clause of £40M or whatever as part of that if he is that convinced he can play for Liverpool / Man City / whoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here