Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Seeing as we are operating early in the market which is welcome, wouldn’t it be an idea to sort out a new contract for White now unless it’s a Bloom masterplan to dangle that carrot until the last minute forcing the kings of Europe into an unsatisfactory panic buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine that BHA will be happy to discuss a new extended deal with White’s agent, but there’s no urgent requirement for us to offer it. He’s a Brighton player for another 2 years as things stand.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine that BHA will be happy to discuss a new extended deal with White’s agent, but there’s no urgent requirement for us to offer it. He’s a Brighton player for another 2 years as things stand.

I think White is likely to want a pay rise sooner rather than later though?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think White is likely to want a pay rise sooner rather than later though?

Exactly. The onus is on him (and his agent) to come to the table to discuss bringing his wage in line with the rest of the senior squad; any delay just saves the club around 30K a week. And I’m sure this will happen once he’s back off holiday.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Has to ask himself if he wants to be part of a Premier league quality squad who've just added two Champions league quality players

or kick around with the same Championship quality clodhoppers for another season.

Tough one

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I just wish there was a system in place that we could protect our asset. You know, like someone would have to offer a sum of money which we deem to be more important to us than the asset to then 'sell' them.

Sadly I'm unaware of any such system so it looks like Leeds will simply keep him because a player they loaned was good (a situation which could never have been predicted).

We have been screwed again. We should have kept him quiet.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Exactly. The onus is on him (and his agent) to come to the table to discuss bringing his wage in line with the rest of the senior squad; any delay just saves the club around 30K a week. And I’m sure this will happen once he’s back off holiday.

I’d be surprised if we need Ben White to be back off holiday. Didn’t Lallana basically say we’d been speaking to his agent for months and he was impressed how keen we were, and it was backed up when we finally met the club.

You don’t give your agent 15% to not get this stuff sorted. I reckon we’ve already got a deal on the table for him and probably just needs signing or declining

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I can see it now

We keep him
‘He will never be the same player he was for you than he would have been under Bielsa will regret his decision when you get relegated’

We sell him to Leeds for £35m
‘Was never gonna pick a tinpot club like Brighton over massive Leeds’

We sell him to the top six for £35m
‘We told you he was too good for you’

Even though in every scenario we win we can fully expect the next phase of nonsense from the kings of Yorkshire

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I can see it now

If a top 6 team comes in for him, he'll go for a lot more than £35m (I think if we sell him to Leeds, he'd go for at least £40m). A bidding war is only going to drive the price up

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The guy will be 23 in October
Has not played in the prem
We are mid-covid with no fans in the stadium and a decrease in revenue.

This is not a recipe for a bidding war of £40m :lolol:

I'm very excited to see him play....but come on

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We didn’t all get titsy when we loaned the great Billy Paynter and he had to return to his parent club, Leeds United. Double standards.

Billy Paynter. How poor was he. Classic case of striker who doesn’t score goals.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
We didn’t all get titsy when we loaned the great Billy Paynter and he had to return to his parent club, Leeds United. Double standards.

Exactly. I even remember a load of us got our saws, nails and hammers out and made a whole load of barn doors, just for him to get more practice missing them. We made him what he was and did we get any credit? No!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Very true, if he were to move on I can only see it being 25-30 and to a top 6 side.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
If a top 6 team comes in for him, he'll go for a lot more than £35m (I think if we sell him to Leeds, he'd go for at least £40m). A bidding war is only going to drive the price up

The 'top6' will have seen him play, same as everyone. However, you seem to be caught up in the same 'Second Coming of the Messiah' as the deluded lot up north.

Everyone knows he is, as yet, untested at top level and, as every club in the PL has seen, not everyone makes the grade.

Whereas, he *may* be a £40m player soon, he isn't to clubs who can afford to wait until he has been tested, then splash £40m. To the rest of the world he is, maybe, a £20m punt.

The only exceptions are Leeds (believing he will be a £40m player more than anyone) and us (hoping he will be a £40m player).

There won't be a bidding war as no other club *need* him in the same way we do. If we sell Dunk and/or Duffy, he is a first team regular for us... If not, he will be a bit player (but enough to demonstrate his future worth) and then be sold on in a future window.

If the development staff have any doubts about his attitude, fitness, ability, etc, then we'll cash in now.

As many here need to take a 'reality pill' as Yorkshire's morons do.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I can see it now

We keep him
‘He will never be the same player he was for you than he would have been under Bielsa will regret his decision when you get relegated’

Even though in every scenario we win we can fully expect the next phase of nonsense from the kings of Yorkshire

we take him back ....he turns out to be a sensation at PL level , we finish mid table ...Leeds drop back down :rock::rock::cool:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The 'top6' will have seen him play, same as everyone. However, you seem to be caught up in the same 'Second Coming of the Messiah' as the deluded lot up north.

Everyone knows he is, as yet, untested at top level and, as every club in the PL has seen, not everyone makes the grade.

Whereas, he *may* be a £40m player soon, he isn't to clubs who can afford to wait until he has been tested, then splash £40m. To the rest of the world he is, maybe, a £20m punt.

The only exceptions are Leeds (believing he will be a £40m player more than anyone) and us (hoping he will be a £40m player).

There won't be a bidding war as no other club *need* him in the same way we do. If we sell Dunk and/or Duffy, he is a first team regular for us... If not, he will be a bit player (but enough to demonstrate his future worth) and then be sold on in a future window.

If the development staff have any doubts about his attitude, fitness, ability, etc, then we'll cash in now.

As many here need to take a 'reality pill' as Yorkshire's morons do.

i have a good friend here who was a decent player himself in the past and has an excellent football knowledge base ....he i's a leeds fan and he reckons BW bound for stardom ......pure class.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was talking to a Newport County STH last night, we were scoring at the cricket, and he is still raving about White. He mentioned his calmness under pressure, his ability to play the ball away from attackers, a fantastic first touch and great passing ability. Like so many of the Leeds fans he said he’s an England player in the making.

Now to me, it sounds like he has the attributes to be the perfect defender in a Graham Potter team. I’m really looking forward to watching him play for us.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Has to ask himself if he wants to be part of a Premier league quality squad who've just added two Champions league quality players

or kick around with the same Championship quality clodhoppers for another season.

Tough one

It's a toughie.

Defend a corner with Lewis Dunk and head the ball clear to a breaking Maupay

Or

Defend it with Liam Cooper and head it to Patrick flamin' Bamford.

:lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

This. It's also why I can only see him leaving to one of the big 6 clubs who have enough in the bank that they could frankly play behind closed doors forever and not notice.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
i have a good friend here who was a decent player himself in the past and has an excellent football knowledge base ....he i's a leeds fan and he reckons BW bound for stardom ......pure class.

Is he planning to gamble £40m on that opinion?

btw... Not saying Ben isn't going to be a star... Just saying at this point, it's not a given. Plenty of players were amazing in the championship, only to be bang average (or worse) in the PL. It is about more than just raw talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here