Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
White will play for us next season, but if he takes to the Premier league like he has done to the championship, he'll be off to a big - time club in the summer

Leeds when they finish in a Champion’s League place

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least Lamptey got 3 games before being sold to a 'bigger' club.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
From The Athletic:
"Nowhere to be seen — but still somehow in the middle of all this — was Jean-Kevin Augustin. Bielsa picked out the striker from a list of transfer targets in January but he now appears to have washed his hands of him. Augustin’s loan from RB Leipzig ended on Tuesday and Leeds did not seek to extend it to cover their remaining matches. Bielsa was asked about Augustin, specifically on the issue of what the club would do about their obligation to sign him permanently if they won promotion, but declined to comment.

Sources close to Augustin have told The Athletic that after 48 minutes in a Leeds shirt and a struggle to cope with Bielsa’s training, his career here is over. He has no expectation of playing for the club again and does not think Bielsa has any intention of persisting with him. All that remains is a battle between Leeds and Leipzig as the former try to escape their obligation and the latter hold out for an agreed fee of around £18 million"

Wouldn't it be great if this is true and RBL have first dibs at Dirty's promotion windfall ?

Maybe they're just a bit bipolar:
- Ben White: no legal interest in the player whatsoever but insist he's theirs in spirit
- Jean-Kévin Augustin: washed their hands of a player they're contracted to buy for £18m (allegedly)

But once you get out of the Leeds social media bubble and the tawdry clickbait websites, you soon breathe the fresh clean air of reality and realise that no one with an ounce of objectivity seriously thinks he won't be our player next year.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They really don't get it. They may have history but that's it the past. The real world is that to survive you need to build a squad that can compete, just, to stay in the league. During that period you hope you can get a few bargains and a few through your academy. If you run out you end up being a team like Bournemouth, time catches up. One thing you must do is not to sell your best players, unless you can get cover. We don't sell simple.

Talk of Dunk going is subjective. He's not suddenly going to become an England regular the moment he goes elsewhere, there's too many youngsters around now that the Palace waistcoat will always pick over him. He's better off staying with us and seeing us reach the top.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Had to correct two man united fans last night over them signing Leeds Ben White

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I find their fans behaviour unsurprising incredibly arrogant and ungrateful that actually, our club have very, very much helped them get promotion by loaning them our player who has shone and I’d imagine will get their player of the year award... typical dirty Leeds.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
From The Athletic:
"Nowhere to be seen — but still somehow in the middle of all this — was Jean-Kevin Augustin. Bielsa picked out the striker from a list of transfer targets in January but he now appears to have washed his hands of him. Augustin’s loan from RB Leipzig ended on Tuesday and Leeds did not seek to extend it to cover their remaining matches. Bielsa was asked about Augustin, specifically on the issue of what the club would do about their obligation to sign him permanently if they won promotion, but declined to comment.

Sources close to Augustin have told The Athletic that after 48 minutes in a Leeds shirt and a struggle to cope with Bielsa’s training, his career here is over. He has no expectation of playing for the club again and does not think Bielsa has any intention of persisting with him. All that remains is a battle between Leeds and Leipzig as the former try to escape their obligation and the latter hold out for an agreed fee of around £18 million"

Wouldn't it be great if this is true and RBL have first dibs at Dirty's promotion windfall ?

Maybe they're just a bit bipolar:
- Ben White: no legal interest in the player whatsoever but insist he's theirs in spirit
- Jean-Kévin Augustin: washed their hands of a player they're contracted to buy for £18m (allegedly)

But once you get out of the Leeds social media bubble and the tawdry clickbait websites, you soon breathe the fresh clean air of reality and realise that no one with an ounce of objectivity seriously thinks he won't be our player next year.

Hope that contract is water tight. They'll make one loan permanent, it won't be Ben!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Leeds point to how Sheffield United have done this season and suggest they can do the same. Sheffield United's season is a freak season by most premier league seasons and I wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle next season, especially if they have the added distraction of Europa League games. They then point to how much money they'll have to spend, forgetting that a) every other club in the PL has that money and b) throwing an absolute shit load of money at players and transfer fees hasn't helped Fulham or Villa in the last two season.

Leeds fans don't seem to understand how much the Premier League has changed in the 16 years they've been away, I mean the last time they were in the Premier League it was perfectly acceptable to have a 20 stone Aussie up front.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’ve seen a lot of this nasty arrogance from them lately.

Well Leeds fans are going to be the new Villa. They will learn some humility as they go down, but not before we take back their best player.

I still remember speaking to a Villa supporter in the train queue after they'd stopped us winning the Championship. "Enjoy it while it lasts" was the advice. Have they enjoyed it while it lasted this season?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think Leeds, Newcastle, Sunderland and Pompey are all single team cities and all believe they are bigger clubs than they actually are.
Leeds haven’t got a consistently good history, founded 15 years after us, and apart from 10 years, mid 60s to mid 70s , and about 5 years in the late 90s, paid for with someone else’s money, they have been very average,

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Leeds point to how Sheffield United have done this season and suggest they can do the same. Sheffield United's season is a freak season by most premier league seasons and I wouldn't be surprised to see them struggle next season, especially if they have the added distraction of Europa League games. They then point to how much money they'll have to spend, forgetting that a) every other club in the PL has that money and b) throwing an absolute shit load of money at players and transfer fees hasn't helped Fulham or Villa in the last two season.

Leeds fans don't seem to understand how much the Premier League has changed in the 16 years they've been away, I mean the last time they were in the Premier League it was perfectly acceptable to have a 20 stone Aussie up front.

If Sheffield Utd had a freak season coming out of the Championship, presumably Wolves did as well the year before. Two successive seasons makes it a bit less freakish and just maybe Leeds could make it three in a row. Just playing devil's advocate though - more likely a Villa or Fulham. Actually more like Huddersfield who had to spend most of their Premier League riches signing their own promotion team off loan deals.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
If Sheffield Utd had a freak season coming out of the Championship, presumably Wolves did as well the year before. Two successive seasons makes it a bit less freakish and just maybe Leeds could make it three in a row. Just playing devil's advocate though - more likely a Villa or Fulham. Actually more like Huddersfield who had to spend most of their Premier League riches signing their own promotion team off loan deals.

Wolves are the exception to the rule, they've got themselves in bed with that super agent and are attracting decent players. Everyone was expecting them to consolidate and establish themselves last season, maybe not quite to the degree they did but they were not being talked about as a relegation candidate in the same way Sheff Utd were for this season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Wolves were a much better team when they got promoted. They walked the Championship.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Wolves are the exception to the rule, they've got themselves in bed with that super agent and are attracting decent players. Everyone was expecting them to consolidate and establish themselves last season, maybe not quite to the degree they did but they were not being talked about as a relegation candidate in the same way Sheff Utd were for this season.

Wolves were a much better team when they got promoted. They walked the Championship.

I know. I know. Hence the caveats. But the outcome in their first seasons after coming out the Championship was still the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here