Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
“It’s hard to put into words how good last year was,” said the 22-year-old.

“Playing week-in, week-out in the Championship was amazing in a really strong team, which really helped how I want to play.

“It was a really good year, we finished as champions and got the club back into the Premier League, which is where they want to be.”

“When I arrived there I got put with the Under-23s, so I thought ‘oh dear,’ revealed White.

“The Friday before the first game against Bristol City, Marcelo Bielsa put me in the first-team changing room, so that was a relief.”

“I learned so much from him,” said White.

“It was the detail in every aspect of the game that he put the work into.

“His coaching was all about details, the minor details, things like how the ball spins when you pass it, how you’re passing it, why you’re passing it.”

“I also want to thank the Leeds supporters, they were unbelievable every single week, even when they weren’t allowed to be there. They were very good to me, and were always really supportive to me and the rest of the team – and the club will always be special to me.

“I hope the fans will be allowed back by the time we play there, and I just hope that I will get a good reception when we go back.”

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...ell-life-marcelo-bielsas-leeds-united-2959217

Yet another NSC shibboleth is demolished by Ben White himself. We said that working under a world class coach had transformed him as a player, here, he acknowledges the debt.

Why (some of) you guys would seek to dispute something so egregious is the real mystery. After all, improving as a player is the whole point of the loan system. Is it not?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

“Playing week-in, week-out in the Championship was amazing in a really strong team, which really helped how I want to play.

“It was a really good year, we finished as champions and got the club back into the Premier League, which is where they want to be.”

“When I arrived there I got put with the Under-23s, so I thought ‘oh dear,’ revealed White.

“The Friday before the first game against Bristol City, Marcelo Bielsa put me in the first-team changing room, so that was a relief.”

“His coaching was all about details, the minor details, things like how the ball spins when you pass it, how you’re passing it, why you’re passing it.”

“I also want to thank the Leeds supporters, they were unbelievable every single week, even when they weren’t allowed to be there. They were very good to me, and were always really supportive to me and the rest of the team – and the club will always be special to me.

“I hope the fans will be allowed back by the time we play there, and I just hope that I will get a good reception when we go back.”

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...ell-life-marcelo-bielsas-leeds-united-2959217

Yet another NSC shibboleth is demolished by Ben White himself. We said that working under a world class coach had transformed him as a player, here, he acknowledges the debt.

Why (some of) you guys would seek to dispute something so egregious is the real mystery. After all, improving as a player is the whole point of the loan system. Is it not?

No credit to Brighton for making the right choice in his final loan before coming back to play for us then?

We were never going to send him to a club where we didn’t expect him to improve were we?

Well done Leeds you helped us get White up to speed for the PL. you did not have a right to buy him as so many of your fans seem to think you did. It was made crystal clear that you couldn’t buy him from the time he joined you.

Can you let it go now? It was Leeds fans who turned this into a shitfest with the free Ben White bollocks and being totally amazed they couldn’t bully us into selling him

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Might I add Ben White would have been crystal clear he was only on LOAN to Leeds and they had no option to buy. He knew all along he would be coming back to his parent club. A good season at Leeds only accelerated his progress into Brighton's first team squad. Having a wonderful season benefited all three parties and he will always have fond memories of his time at Leeds. Why is this Killer Whale poster trying to convince NSC he wanted to leave Brighton and join Leeds.....it makes little sense to me or any other Brighton supporter.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Why are you still here?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yes gj Leeds & Bielsa for doing a good job, as was the plan and expectation when loaning him out.

Ben White got a new four year deal with Brighton and you are now history, a parentheses from the beginning of what is going to be a a long and successful career. A trivia pub question like David Beckhams loan at Preston.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

“It was a really good year,..............................................

Blah, blah blah...........
Did he learn from Bielsa? Yes.
Was he transformed by Bielsa? No.
Did he enjoy his year with Leeds? Of course he did; it was the footballing equivalent of a holiday romance. Now he's home.

Now bore off.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Benjamin-White-ben6white-Twitter.png

I guess this confirms who runs Ben White's social accounts - the CJTC agent (right) and his team.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
"I learned so much from him,” said White.

Leeds United were Ben White's fluffer. Thanks for getting him ready for his starring role.
You can leave now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Yes well done, ok, we will pat you on the head. I'm not quite sure what point you are now trying to prove.

He went on loan, did well, then he came back to his home. That was the plan all along. The rest of the noise from Leeds fans has just been a bit odd, to be honest.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

No one is disputing that White improved last year from a combo of coaching and regular Championship-level experience. Leeds were cherry picked by our development team to provide this; it’s exactly what we’re looking for from a feeder club.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Interested that he referred to the premier League as being where Leeds wanted to be. Surely if as a club they meant so much to him it would've been where the champions of Europe rightly belong

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Ben had a great season at Leeds under a very good coach and he loved his time there (as would any starter in a Championship winning side).

Given the choice Ben might well have chosen to stay at Leeds, with the players, fans and coaches he's worked with during that very successful year. He's probably got more mates there than down here. But that's the thing, this was never a choice.

He's never been for sale. No matter how passionate Leeds fans are, or how much Bielsa transformed him (lol) or how many likes a tweet gets or how many banners are put up at the Amex or what his agent says on Sky Sports trying to force Tony Bloom's hand (MEGA LOL).

Leeds fans just cannot accept that little old Brighton have used them. Well and truly.

So they've now pivoted to talking about an imaginary future where we're relegated and they're doing a Wolves. Good for them. But sadly, those fairy tales don't get you any points.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Player goes on loan to improve and develop his game before returning to his parent club happens up and down the leagues at every club yet you want us to acknowledge Leeds like some sort of unique scenario why? How is Whites development at Leeds any different to say Macallisters at Boca or Clarke’s at Derby?

Leeds fans are so needy we thought you had moved on having signed a German and Spanish international the same price but no you are still here whining about it.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

You Lost. Do One.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I think the argument / sentiment / belief from some of your Yorkshire brethren was that Ben White was little more than a bloke who could kick a football a bit until Bielsa came along and turned him into a superstar.

It's not the narrative we're laughing at, it's the embellishments. It's just f**king funny at this point.

Nobody will deny that Bielsa had a hand in developing the player, of course he did, Ben himself has said so and that's the whole bloody point of the loan in the first place. That's all Leeds are in this story. Another club who helped develop a player. As influential as Newport and Peterborough. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Anyway, all the best for the season. Have fun storming the Champions League or whatever.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

Here’s some Latin for you.

Killeres eunt domus.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Oh my, you do still waste a lot of energy on this. You and your annoying fans don't agree with us about the Ben White Story, so far. Fair do's. And?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
View attachment 128005

I guess this confirms who runs Ben White's social accounts - the CJTC agent (right) and his team.

Even that’s quite telling.

This is Ben Whites Twitter page. Yet the agent has a big picture of himself all over it.

Before anyone says “so what who cares”. Ask yourself how many agents you’ve actually seen, either on Tv or on Social media accounts. I mean, I don’t even know what Dunks agent looks like.

It’s not a good look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here