Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From bbc website.....radio five currently discussing upcoming season

Champions = Man City Relegated = West Brom, Fulham, Brighton Top scorer = Aubameyang Player to look out for = Ben White
Mark Wilkinson
Article Reactions
30 likes3048 dislikes48

Leeds supporter?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Champions = Man City Relegated = West Brom, Fulham, Brighton Top scorer = Aubameyang Player to look out for = Ben White
Mark Wilkinson
Article Reactions
30 likes3048 dislikes48

Leeds supporter?

If we go down then White won't have played very well.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Mark Wilkinson
Article Reactions
30 likes3048 dislikes48

Leeds supporter?

Got to the end of a two hour show and said “oh we forgot Brighton” under the fekin radio”

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Paper talk that Liverpool will move for Ben White in January to replace VVD. Not sure that’s what they need but £50M+ ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cant see that happening at all based on the start of the season

There’s probably a train of thought that 22/23 year old defenders might improve I guess ? Either that or he’s an over rated piece of crap ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Paper talk that Liverpool will move for Ben White in January to replace VVD. Not sure that’s what they need but £50M+ ?

I think these big sales are going to be essential for our finances.

Sensibly, we’ve probably got a group of 11 players who’ll be vying to replace him longer term. I wonder if we could recall any of our loanees?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think these big sales are going to be essential for our finances.

Sensibly, we’ve probably got a group of 11 players who’ll be vying to replace him longer term. I wonder if we could recall any of our loanees?
White is the same as SEGW.

No transfer of White will be financially viable after Leeds have taken their 90% sell on clause.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
With Dunk out for 3 games I envisage White taking on the quarterback role, completing the initial long accurate passes after receiving the ball from Ryan or the other defenders. He also has the ability to drive into space which Potter likes so much.
His abilities are more suited to that role than Webster or Burn. I haven't seen enough of Veltman to know if he can provide that.
They are all good defenders, but White is the most suited of the four for that task.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think they will set their sights higher than White and get a Champions League CB

Aren't Liverpool right on the limit for Home grown players, especially now Brewster has gone?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
VVD being injured frees up a non-HGP place.

Sure - but buying a CL European CB will be expensive, and presumably VVD will play for Liverpool again, so what do you do then?

Liverpool are not a 'throw money around' club, so can't see them spending big money on a CB for 6 months who is then eligable when VVD is back

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sure - but buying a CL European CB will be expensive, and presumably VVD will play for Liverpool again, so what do you do then?

Liverpool are not a 'throw money around' club, so can't see them spending big money on a CB for 6 months who is then eligable when VVD is back

You sort it out in the summer, when presumably at least one non HGP player will move on anyway.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My daughter just served Ben White in the post office at WH Smiiths .

He’s moving house.

( not to Yorkshire, tho)

(Or Liverpool)

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He did post on Instagram a load of builders at his 'new home' so who knows!

Glad to see he is embracing Worthing life, I saw him doing the big shop at Tesco last week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here