Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That's all true though? "it's very difficult" is not "he was desperate to leave".

I think the main thing, as he said, was "first team football". Understandably, Ben wants to play in the Premier League this season. I think he's more than happy to do that playing for either club.

But forget all that.

Why’s he blabbing away about this on Sky in the first place? There’s no need.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The club won’t be happy they have clearly been trying to shelter Ben from the online circus and had looked like they had diffused the situation with some well coordinated statements and interviews. That should of been a line drawn under it but now his agent is allowing it to be raked over again on TV and the papers.

The agent seems very unprofessional and my expectation is now the deal is done Ben may be getting a few business cards coming his way from agents and this clown will be let go.

Agreed - although the interview with White on the Albion TV is quite interesting. He doesn't sound that enthusiatic after signing his new deal and it would appear to me he's not entirely happy. Maybe he's just one of those players who comes over poorly in interviews but his whole body language gave me the impression he would have preferred if things had turned out differently.

Hopefully he will have agood season with us and if he's not entirely happy then Leeds can buy him next summer for £60m!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He confirms a "transfer broke down".

It didn't though, and we know that.

For a transfer to break down, there has to be two parties who are at least entertaining the idea of finding the middle ground that would permit a deal to be done.

We were never willing to entertain selling Ben White to Leeds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm a bit more measured than most on this.

Levack didn't come out unprompted that Ben White was disappointed about not moving to Leeds, he was asked the question directly. Now whilst we may not be delighted at his answer, Levack's response of "There was a tinge of disappointment but that passed quickly, Ben's head is fully at Brighton and he wants to get cracking in the Premier League now." is hardly stating that he's gutted beyond belief, is it?

I've heard from a trusted source that White has said he was never going to move to Leeds this Summer, that this is his home and where he wants to be. Additionally, I understand he's been getting some shit from Leeds' keyboard warriors, which is why he's largely kept his head down all Summer long.

I take Levack's comments as trying to maintain that middle ground - keep Leeds' fans onside - he unquestionably did have a good time there after all - whilst looking to his future at the Albion.

In short: move on, move on - nothing to see here.

I didn't come here for a lecture in communism.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Not nailed at all.

An agent is doing live on the record interviews with the media regarding his clients negotiations with his employee.

If you think that's normal and people are "over reacting", we live on different planets.

It's really really odd, I couldn't care less what he is saying just the fact he is there in the first place.

This. And knowing how TB likes to work "under the radar" I'll be surprised if this latest action by the agent isn't breaching a Non Disclosure Agreement attached to the contract.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not nailed at all.

An agent is doing live on the record interviews with the media regarding his clients negotiations with his employee.

If you think that's normal and people are "over reacting", we live on different planets.

It's really really odd, I couldn't care less what he is saying just the fact he is there in the first place.

I agree.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"a tinge of disappointment"

Goodness me, some of these Leeds fans will cling to anything, won't they?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
In comparative terms, next time I rent a villa for my holiday, when I leave I might offer to buy it for £1. Then moan and bleat to the agent, newspapers etc how it’ll be much better if I owned it after it’s rejected.

#FreeTheHolidayLet

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Agreed - although the interview with White on the Albion TV is quite interesting. He doesn't sound that enthusiatic after signing his new deal and it would appear to me he's not entirely happy. Maybe he's just one of those players who comes over poorly in interviews but his whole body language gave me the impression he would have preferred if things had turned out differently.

Hopefully he will have agood season with us and if he's not entirely happy then Leeds can buy him next summer for £60m!

Oh come on, you sound like one of the Leeds jilted lovers. Ben looked very happy and seemed delighted with the situation. Not all footballers are Ian Wright type extroverts, he’s a quiet lad.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hopefully BW will have a chat with Stephens, who can advise him on how to get shot of the pratt.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
In comparative terms, next time I rent a villa for my holiday, when I leave I might offer to buy it for £1. Then moan and bleat to the agent, newspapers etc how it’ll be much better if I owned it after it’s rejected.

#FreeTheHolidayLet

Yes and then when you offer £2 and it's rejected you can really kick off. I mean you cleaned one of the sun loungers so the villa has never looked as good. It wouldn't be the same without you. #freetheholidaylet

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Levack didn't come out unprompted that Ben White was disappointed about not moving to Leeds, he was asked the question directly. Now whilst we may not be delighted at his answer, Levack's response of "There was a tinge of disappointment but that passed quickly, Ben's head is fully at Brighton and he wants to get cracking in the Premier League now." is hardly stating that he's gutted beyond belief, is it?

I've heard from a trusted source that White has said he was never going to move to Leeds this Summer, that this is his home and where he wants to be. Additionally, I understand he's been getting some shit from Leeds' keyboard warriors, which is why he's largely kept his head down all Summer long.

I take Levack's comments as trying to maintain that middle ground - keep Leeds' fans onside - he unquestionably did have a good time there after all - whilst looking to his future at the Albion.

Spot on. Don’t see anything wrong wrong with what the agent said. A big part of an agent’s job is to promote his client AND himself. That’s all he’s doing.

The Leeds obsessive’s really need to stop being so precious and move on.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The single most exciting thing at this club is the youth development - the prospect of more young players being farmed out to the championship and coming back at Ben White standard. This year we’ve got two, with Molumby. Arguably Walton too, and Clark in the pipeline.
Unlike with big transfers, this is an area where we can compete with the top clubs as the likes of White know they can get in our team. bloody brilliant.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
The agent's comments are best ignored really. He also went on to claim that the "issue" for him and BW was whether he would play. The world and his wife (outside of Leeds) knew that it was highly likely that Duffy would be on his way and we'd be 3 at the back with BW, LD and AW as the probable starters so I am pretty sure they would know this also. I suggest that the "issue" for Mr Levack is and always will be £££.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Agree to a point, but he could've given a politician's answer to the question "Was he disappointed a move fell through?" along the lines of "Ben had a great time at Leeds and is proud that he played his part in getting the team back into the PL, but is now focussed on the upcoming season with Brighton." No mention of disappointment or anything else.

But I'm in the 'what the cock is an agent doing on the programme anyway?' camp. You're only going to get a biased view of a situation and the fascination with putting people other than players (and I'm including managers) in the football spotlight is a bit baffling to me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agree to a point, but he could've given a politician's answer to the question "Was he disappointed a move fell through?" along the lines of "Ben had a great time at Leeds and is proud that he played his part in getting the team back into the PL, but is now focussed on the upcoming season with Brighton." No mention of disappointment or anything else.

But I'm in the 'what the cock is an agent doing on the programme anyway?' camp. You're only going to get a biased view of a situation and the fascination with putting people other than players (and I'm including managers) in the football spotlight is a bit baffling to me.

I can't imagine his intention of doing this piece with Sky was that the resultant headlines would be: "Ben White disappointed he couldn't move to Leeds" which also implies: "Ben White is disappointed he has to play at Brighton this season". It doesn't do anyone any favours at all.

The problem is when you put yourself in the limelight in this way, every word you say will be scrutinised.

I expect Leeds fans are taking less notice of Levack's written word, where they are essentially described as a stepping stone to Albion's first team:

[tweet]1300910060957323265[/tweet]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I can't imagine his intention of doing this piece with Sky was that the resultant headlines would be: "Ben White disappointed he couldn't move to Leeds" which also implies: "Ben White is disappointed he has to play at Brighton this season". It doesn't do anyone any favours at all.

The problem is when you put yourself in the limelight in this way, every word you say will be scrutinised.

I expect Leeds fans are taking less notice of Levack's written word, where they are essentially described as a stepping stone to Albion's first team:

That picture should be spammed all over the WANKCOE site.

Imagine how angry the illiterate Leeds goons will be seeing that. It's beautiful. [emoji23]

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

At least he can afford a tie now. Scruffy git.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here