Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I'm a bit more measured than most on this.

Levack didn't come out unprompted that Ben White was disappointed about not moving to Leeds, he was asked the question directly. Now whilst we may not be delighted at his answer, Levack's response of "There was a tinge of disappointment but that passed quickly, Ben's head is fully at Brighton and he wants to get cracking in the Premier League now." is hardly stating that he's gutted beyond belief, is it?

I've heard from a trusted source that White has said he was never going to move to Leeds this Summer, that this is his home and where he wants to be. Additionally, I understand he's been getting some shit from Leeds' keyboard warriors, which is why he's largely kept his head down all Summer long.

I take Levack's comments as trying to maintain that middle ground - keep Leeds' fans onside - he unquestionably did have a good time there after all - whilst looking to his future at the Albion.

In short: move on, move on - nothing to see here.

I think that's the thing. I thought everyone had moved on. I thought it was all wrapped up nicely and the club helped him with a great tribute yesterday in his interview.

Why is Levack is all over Sky Sports right now?

His answer also included "Of course. He enjoyed his time at Leeds incredibly. They looked after him so well, the fans were fantastic to him. But when a football club don't want to sell it's very difficult".

This implies they tried to make the move happen.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
As an agent he serves Ben White. For substantial reward.

Here the motormouth is serving himself. I wouldn’t imagine that young BW is actively pushing this strategy, instead the older person is leading the way.

Although next week’s chip paper this time, I have a foreboding that motormouth will resurface in future transfer windows promoting BW’s move “to the next level”. Driven by commission of course.

He’ll be o the phone right now. Oily ****.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think that's the thing. I thought everyone had moved on. I thought it was all wrapped up nicely and the club helped him with a great tribute yesterday in his interview.

Why is Levack is all over Sky Sports right now?

His answer also included "Of course. He enjoyed his time at Leeds incredibly. They looked after him so well, the fans were fantastic to him. But when a football club don't want to sell it's very difficult".

This implies they tried to make the move happen.

Might be just covering all bases, being polite and diplomatic with his answer to be fair...

He’s hardly going to say “oh, we had no intention of signing for Leeds, they’re likely to go down, Who knows how long Bielsa will stay.. no, we were hoping Brighton would offer a nice increased terms contract” [emoji56]

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm a bit more measured than most on this.

Levack didn't come out unprompted that Ben White was disappointed about not moving to Leeds, he was asked the question directly. Now whilst we may not be delighted at his answer, Levack's response of "There was a tinge of disappointment but that passed quickly, Ben's head is fully at Brighton and he wants to get cracking in the Premier League now." is hardly stating that he's gutted beyond belief, is it?

I've heard from a trusted source that White has said he was never going to move to Leeds this Summer, that this is his home and where he wants to be. Additionally, I understand he's been getting some shit from Leeds' keyboard warriors, which is why he's largely kept his head down all Summer long.

I take Levack's comments as trying to maintain that middle ground - keep Leeds' fans onside - he unquestionably did have a good time there after all - whilst looking to his future at the Albion.

In short: move on, move on - nothing to see here.

Nailed it. Massive over reaction from some people on this.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Agree. Except Leeds are w ankers. This is so universally agreed by fans everywhere, I’m sure it forms part of the founding articles of the football association doesn’t it?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Nothing said in the interview comes as a surprise. That there was some level of angst in all of this is obvious. What I don't understand is why dredge up dirt just as it is settling. But then we have already seen this bloke speak out of turn leading up to the new contract.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Might be just covering all bases, being polite and diplomatic with his answer to be fair...

He’s hardly going to say “oh, we had no intention of signing for Leeds, they’re likely to go down, Who knows how long Bielsa will stay.. no, we were hoping Brighton would offer a nice increased terms contract” [emoji56]

He shouldn't have been on that show at all.
He's done his client no favours.

It was done and dusted, wrapped up with pure class by BHAFC's social media team.

Now we've got headlines in the Daily Star "Ben White’s agent confirms ‘disappointment’ over Leeds transfer falling through".

His agent should be media savvy enough to know his words will be twisted and cherry picked.
I really hope this doesn't drag on into the season...pundits talking about whether he should be at Leeds or Brighton, under Potter or Bielsa... :sick:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Not nailed at all.

An agent is doing live on the record interviews with the media regarding his clients negotiations with his employee.

If you think that's normal and people are "over reacting", we live on different planets.

It's really really odd, I couldn't care less what he is saying just the fact he is there in the first place.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Not nailed at all.

An agent is doing live on the record interviews with the media regarding his clients negotiations with his employee.

If you think that's normal and people are "over reacting", we live on different planets.

It's really really odd, I couldn't care less what he is saying just the fact he is there in the first place.

I agree it's really odd that an agent doing live on the record interviews. I do however feel that when it comes to the club we support we're often a bit to quick to jump on and quickly defend anything that we perceive to be remotely negative.

I think there is an over reaction given, "The main consideration for us was whether or not he was going to play." and "There was a tinge of disappointment but that passed quickly, Ben's head is fully at Brighton".

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I agree it's really odd that an agent doing live on the record interviews. I do however feel that when it comes to the club we support we're often a bit to quick to jump on and quickly defend anything that we perceive to be remotely negative.

I think there is an over reaction given, "The main consideration for us was whether or not he was going to play." and "There was a tinge of disappointment but that passed quickly, Ben's head is fully at Brighton".

That on its own sounds reasonable. Here's the bit before that for better understanding of what he said, and the first thing he said:

When asked on The Transfer Show whether White was disappointed a move to Leeds fell through, Levack said: "Of course. He enjoyed his time at Leeds incredibly. They looked after him so well, the fans were fantastic to him. But when a football club don't want to sell it's very difficult".

A larger transcript and article is here: Sky Sports

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That on its own sounds reasonable. Here's the bit before that for better understanding of what he said, and the first thing he said:

When asked on The Transfer Show whether White was disappointed a move to Leeds fell through, Levack said: "Of course. He enjoyed his time at Leeds incredibly. They looked after him so well, the fans were fantastic to him. But when a football club don't want to sell it's very difficult".

https://www.nvsports.com/

Dude got like five clients and they are all, except for Ben, shit. Clearly this agent is very inexperienced and unaware of the bridges he is burning.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

That's all true though? "it's very difficult" is not "he was desperate to leave".

I think the main thing, as he said, was "first team football". Understandably, Ben wants to play in the Premier League this season. I think he's more than happy to do that playing for either club.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
For Ben, it's all about playing in the Premier League. Players aren't fans, particularly. His girlfriend's family are from the North, her Dad is a Leeds fan. He's hardly going to say he is desperate to come back and play for Brighton. He made good friends with a number of people at Leeds, got developed by a world class coach and knew that he'd be a regular this season in their team if he went there. However, he is now assured that if he performs with us, he'll be in the first team. Potter is likely to use a back three and this will suit him. He'll be pleased he's playing in the Premier League and I get the feeling that after a few games, he may well be pleased he's playing for us rather than Leeds.

For the agent, it's all about money. He's got one good client who could be his golden goose. He's stirring things up hoping for a big pay day , potentially in a year's time. However, Ben will have to go some to attract the big boys this year, especially when Adam Webster has done so well and may be a higher prized, young asset after this season.

For Brighton and Hove Albion, it's win win, just annoying that the agent is such a gobshite. However, most people can see right through him and will soon get bored of him once the football starts.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
That's all true though? "it's very difficult" is not "he was desperate to leave".

I think the main thing, as he said, was "first team football". Understandably, Ben wants to play in the Premier League this season. I think he's more than happy to do that playing for either club.

I agree with the last part. I've always said he'd be happy at either club. And the Leeds experience would have been out of this world tbh (or any team that wins the championship with you playing the most minutes and possibly the most pivotal role).

I was simply making sure we all understand that his agent had stronger words than the ones you picked.
He confirms a "transfer broke down".
As far as we were concerned, before he said that live on sky, no transfer was in the works at all.
He was not for sale.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, and maybe today I'm just irritated by reading and hearing stupid pundits talking about how players shouldn't go to Brighton.
But his agent is a **** who puts himself before Ben - who already has to tread carefully because of the Leeds mob or keyboard warriors (as Bozza put it).

For Ben, it's all about playing in the Premier League. Players aren't fans, particularly. His girlfriend's family are from the North, her Dad is a Leeds fan. He's hardly going to say he is desperate to come back and play for Brighton. He made good friends with a number of people at Leeds, got developed by a world class coach and knew that he'd be a regular this season in their team if he went there. However, he is now assured that if he performs with us, he'll be in the first team. Potter is likely to use a back three and this will suit him. He'll be pleased he's playing in the Premier League and I get the feeling that after a few games, he may well be pleased he's playing for us rather than Leeds.

For the agent, it's all about money. He's got one good client who could be his golden goose. He's stirring things up hoping for a big pay day , potentially in a year's time. However, Ben will have to go some to attract the big boys this year, especially when Adam Webster has done so well and may be a higher prized, young asset after this season.

For Brighton and Hove Albion, it's win win, just annoying that the agent is such a gobshite. However, most people can see right through him and will soon get bored of him once the football starts.

Didn't know that about his girlfriend's Dad. Good summary.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
https://www.nvsports.com/

Dude got like five clients and they are all, except for Ben, shit. Clearly this agent is very inexperienced and unaware of the bridges he is burning.

He’s not inexperienced though, he was Dale Stephens agent when we signed Dale from Charlton in January 2014. He got a ban and the club got fined over the transfer, so he has plenty of experience just not much common sense by the looks of things.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The club won’t be happy they have clearly been trying to shelter Ben from the online circus and had looked like they had diffused the situation with some well coordinated statements and interviews. That should of been a line drawn under it but now his agent is allowing it to be raked over again on TV and the papers.

The agent seems very unprofessional and my expectation is now the deal is done Ben may be getting a few business cards coming his way from agents and this clown will be let go.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Not nailed at all.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here