Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When I saw that in the Ben White song that was posted on here awhile ago I thought it was just a cheeky photoshop thingy.

But no. There is is...mine ordered too.

If we sell him to Liverpool now:

SociableDeafeningJunco-small.gif

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
His agent is doing a ‘drains up’ on sky sports news.

Said the club off loading Clarke & Duffy was key to Ben staying, also a tinge of disappointment he couldn’t go back to Leeds but fully committed to Brighton and the season

Saw that. His agent is an absolute bell end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
That is so unprofessional and disrespectful to BW and us that his agent has come out and said this. His agent is very naive, I doubt this is doing him any favours in attracting new clients

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
The more I hear of his agent the more I think he's an absolute weapons-grade ****. What kind of agent goes on Sky multiple times to disclose the private details of a transfer or the situation with other members of the squad? Can't imagine Tony will be at all happy with this

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Oh my f#cking god. What is his agent doing?!!

He's clearly promoting himself because this is the most attention he's ever had. So he's leveraged some clickbait to get back on their show.
And yet any players watching him are now thinking "that's a shit agent".
He should have left it alone.

How is this helpful for Ben White?

Edit: Wondering if Ben can fire him now? Get an upgrade.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Strange one as his client (BW) got the improved deal and Brighton did loads of good press re Leeds and then he says these things on Sky...Its all done now, move on man... As for Leeds, yes Im sure he had a good time, yes im sure he was a little sad etc but come on, we don't need to keep digging this up..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The more I hear of his agent the more I think he's an absolute weapons-grade ****. What kind of agent goes on Sky multiple times to disclose the private details of a transfer or the situation with other members of the squad? Can't imagine Tony will be at all happy with this

A selfish leech milking his first moment in the limelight with his only marketable asset, to try to gain more clients.

Clubs must dislike certain agents, but have to stay diplomatic, so as not to close off avenues when competing against rival clubs.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As an agent he serves Ben White. For substantial reward.

Here the motormouth is serving himself. I wouldn’t imagine that young BW is actively pushing this strategy, instead the older person is leading the way.

Although next week’s chip paper this time, I have a foreboding that motormouth will resurface in future transfer windows promoting BW’s move “to the next level”. Driven by commission of course.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Almost makes me wonder if Ben has already told him his services are no longer required

Because going on sky sports and spouting that the day after he has signed a new contract does Ben White NO good at all.

BigRed

May 22, 2020

I’m surprised his agent has come out & said it but it’s pretty much what was common knowledge he fancied the move. I know you all thought it was delusions from Leeds fans so I’m glad he’s put that straight. Brighton have stood firm & have resisted cashing in, bad for Leeds but good for yourselves. He showed his professionalism by not kicking up a fuss so he’ll get his head down now & will do his best for you.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
I’m surprised his agent has come out & said it but it’s pretty much what was common knowledge he fancied the move. I know you all thought it was delusions from Leeds fans so I’m glad he’s put that straight. Brighton have stood firm & have resisted cashing in, bad for Leeds but good for yourselves. He showed his professionalism by not kicking up a fuss so he’ll get his head down now & will do his best for you.

Can't speak for anyone else but I personally never though the idea of him wanting to move to Leeds was a delusion. It's logical to think that he'd have been quite happy with a move there, after everything that happened. The problem was Leeds fans conflating that with him dreading the idea of coming back here and desperately wanting out, whilst he may have fancied a move to Leeds that doesn't mean he isn't happy here. It was all a bit 2+2=5. And some Leeds fans hoping that he would be disruptive, hand in transfer requests and force his way out was short-sighted to say the least

BigRed

May 22, 2020
Can't speak for anyone else but I personally never though the idea of him wanting to move to Leeds was a delusion. It's logical to think that he'd have been quite happy with a move there, after everything that happened. The problem was Leeds fans conflating that with him dreading the idea of coming back here and desperately wanting out, whilst he may have fancied a move to Leeds that doesn't mean he isn't happy here. It was all a bit 2+2=5. And some Leeds fans hoping that he would be disruptive, hand in transfer requests and force his way out was short-sighted to say the least

I never thought he wouldn’t be happy at brighton his family close by etc. Which has probably made it easier not being able to move & obviously a nice wage bump. Of course Leeds fans wanted him to kick up a fuss but for reasons I’ve just said he’s probably thought it’s not a bad place to be, I’ll play & be close to his family with a big contract. But going on what his agent has confirmed he wanted to leave & was disappointment that he couldn’t but didn’t kick up a fuss which points to him getting his head down & getting on with it

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
As an agent he serves Ben White. For substantial reward.

Here the motormouth is serving himself. I wouldn’t imagine that young BW is actively pushing this strategy, instead the older person is leading the way.

Although next week’s chip paper this time, I have a foreboding that motormouth will resurface in future transfer windows promoting BW’s move “to the next level”. Driven by commission of course.

THIS.

What a unprofessional cretin this agent is. There’s no need to go public with this it’s entirely self serving, and I completely agree West.. he would love nothing then to pop up on Sky Sports in a year time going on about how big a club Liverpool/City/Man U are and how Ben’s always wanted to play for them etc.

I really hope Ben has people looking out for him in his family or at the club because this agent is a wrong un and wholly unprofessional behaving like this.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I never thought he wouldn’t be happy at brighton his family close by etc. Which has probably made it easier not being able to move & obviously a nice wage bump. Of course Leeds fans wanted him to kick up a fuss but for reasons I’ve just said he’s probably thought it’s not a bad place to be, I’ll play & be close to his family with a big contract. But going on what his agent has confirmed he wanted to leave & was disappointment that he couldn’t but didn’t kick up a fuss which points to him getting his head down & getting on with it

“A tinge or disappointment” don’t get carried away, tho I’m sure your lot will dine on this for weeks.

Bens main comment “this is my home and it’s amazing to be playing in the PL here” and his act of signing an extension to 4 years is most telling.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm a bit more measured than most on this.

Levack didn't come out unprompted that Ben White was disappointed about not moving to Leeds, he was asked the question directly. Now whilst we may not be delighted at his answer, Levack's response of "There was a tinge of disappointment but that passed quickly, Ben's head is fully at Brighton and he wants to get cracking in the Premier League now." is hardly stating that he's gutted beyond belief, is it?

I've heard from a trusted source that White has said he was never going to move to Leeds this Summer, that this is his home and where he wants to be. Additionally, I understand he's been getting some shit from Leeds' keyboard warriors, which is why he's largely kept his head down all Summer long.

I take Levack's comments as trying to maintain that middle ground - keep Leeds' fans onside - he unquestionably did have a good time there after all - whilst looking to his future at the Albion.

In short: move on, move on - nothing to see here.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I never thought he wouldn’t be happy at brighton his family close by etc. Which has probably made it easier not being able to move & obviously a nice wage bump. Of course Leeds fans wanted him to kick up a fuss but for reasons I’ve just said he’s probably thought it’s not a bad place to be, I’ll play & be close to his family with a big contract. But going on what his agent has confirmed he [as in the agent wanting a large fee] wanted to leave & was disappointment that he couldn’t but didn’t kick up a fuss which points to him getting his head down & getting on with it

Corrected for you.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm a bit more measured than most on this.

Levack didn't come out unprompted that Ben White was disappointed about not moving to Leeds, he was asked the question directly. Now whilst we may not be delighted at his answer, Levack's response of "There was a tinge of disappointment but that passed quickly, Ben's head is fully at Brighton and he wants to get cracking in the Premier League now." is hardly stating that he's gutted beyond belief, is it?

I've heard from a trusted source that White has said he was never going to move to Leeds this Summer, that this is his home and where he wants to be. Additionally, I understand he's been getting some shit from Leeds' keyboard warriors, which is why he's largely kept his head down all Summer long.

I take Levack's comments as trying to maintain that middle ground - keep Leeds' fans onside - he unquestionably did have a good time there after all - whilst looking to his future at the Albion.

In short: move on, move on - nothing to see here.

Agree Bozza, he was only asked the question, but what the feck was he doing on Sky in the first place?

I have no worries about Ben though, his interview with the club site was first class. Can tell he’s an honest lad and is more than happy here.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
THIS.

What a unprofessional cretin this agent is. There’s no need to go public with this it’s entirely self serving, and I completely agree West.. he would love nothing then to pop up on Sky Sports in a year time going on about how big a club Liverpool/City/Man U are and how Ben’s always wanted to play for them etc.

I really hope Ben has people looking out for him in his family or at the club because this agent is a wrong un and wholly unprofessional behaving like this.

Madness really that the agent of a player who hasn't kicked a ball in the Premier League, and most Premier League fans wouldnt have heard of until this summer, has twice been on Sky Sports discussing the saga. I can't really ever remember seeing agents discussing their player(s) so openly on SS, although I don't watch the news channel too often.

Hope BW fulfills the hype after all this!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here