Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I've just spent a very enjoyable half hour on y the Ben White thread on twitter.
At least 30% of the Leeds fans posting are asking either Liverpool or Man City to buy Ben White,and then loan him immediately to Leeds. I have up trying to tell them it's against the rules, but, they won't have it. White doesn't want to be at Albion, his agent wasn't saying he's getting a new deal here, more, he's moving to a top six side.

They are really the gift that keeps giving, I've never seen the amount of sheer impotent petulance in my life.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leeds fans immediately thinking he is off to a top six side. I think it means new contract time.

It’s not just a few tweets it’s like EVERY tweet - so ungrateful, arrogant and disrespectful to a team who have been ahead of them for years and a club that has been. They’ve created their own mini rivalry by throwing their toys out because they didn’t get their way - theres a lot of comments there that can come back to bite them. Nearly all suggest we aren’t rivals as they’ll finish way above us!

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
If the agent is talking this way TODAY, so publicly, it means a deal has been agreed.

I would think a new contract at Brighton, especially with TODAY'S confirmation that Clarke has gone to Derby.

Duffy is on way out for sure.

This could be it boys!

I have my memes ready lads. Videos and songs. You better like and RT that shit because they deserve some comeuppance.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If the agent is talking this way TODAY, so publicly, it means a deal has been agreed.

I would think a new contract at Brighton, especially with TODAY'S confirmation that Clarke has gone to Derby.

This could be it boys!

I have my memes ready lads. Videos and songs. You better like and RT that shit because they deserve some comeuppance.

This 100%.

Just a matter of Camillin & the agent sorting the copy and photos and plotting the right day for a good news story.

Before or after the Nunez announcement would be the question I suppose?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
This 100%.

Just a matter of Camillin & the agent sorting the copy and photos and plotting the right day for a good news story.

Before or after the Nunez announcement would be the question I suppose?

Do you think NUNEZ is 100%?

Also the best days for maxiumum exposure on social media is generally Tues / Weds / Thurs at a time that works in a lot timezones.
Dunk's contract was at 4pm. Today's friendly announcement was at 4pm. That's 8am Cali, 11am NYC (where I am), 5pm Europe, Midnight in Korea and Japan.
Leeds (I've learnt so much about Leeds lol) usually do big stuff at 6pm from what I can tell.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I suspect its a new contract, the agent would be mad to pissing the club off, so many young players here that'll need representation on a bigger stage at some point!

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've just spent a very enjoyable half hour on y the Ben White thread on twitter.
At least 30% of the Leeds fans posting are asking either Liverpool or Man City to buy Ben White,and then loan him immediately to Leeds. I have up trying to tell them it's against the rules, but, they won't have it. White doesn't want to be at Albion, his agent wasn't saying he's getting a new deal here, more, he's moving to a top six side.

They are really the gift that keeps giving, I've never seen the amount of sheer impotent petulance in my life.
Can you post a link to any of this? Some of us have no idea how to find things on Twitter or navigate round it (and don't want to know either!) Just point us to the juicy bits, please!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Big bid has come in from a foreign club.... white and his agent adamant they won’t sign a contract less than £100k a week (fair call for a £30m player) ... stand off expect a transfer request.
Who cares. Transfer requests get nowhere at bhafc.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

This could be it boys!

I don’t normally engage is this sort of stuff on social media, but don’t worry, I’ll be all over this.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If they are demanding £100k pw, they are nuts. I cannot see Bloom going for that and they will then have to sit it out for a year or 3 in the reserves. Would they (agent /player) be this stupid for a kid that has never played in the Premier league? [emoji848]

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If they are demanding £100k pw, they are nuts. I cannot see Bloom going for that and they will then have to sit it out for a year or 3 in the reserves. Would they (agent /player) be this stupid for a kid that has never played in the Premier league? [emoji848]

They won’t be that post is from one of the bitter Leeds weirdos

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The poster who suggested that is a Leeds fan incognito (the clever little swine).

Complete gumph.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Any player supposedly worth between 30/50m is worth 100k a week, whether they have played in the PL or not.
If you tell interested clubs that’s what a player is worth how on earth can you not expect them to want the wages that go with it??

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hi, Leeds were in the EPL 1992-2004, when the value of the deals, whilst increasing, started on a very low base. The Albion have benefitted from the subsequent increases in the value of broadcasting rights which are generating about £60 for every £1 made from broadcasting when the Premier League started.

View attachment 127678

Thanks El Presidente.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Again, that would be illegal.

Plooks and I rarely agree but on this I do 100%

Naive, call it what you like, it is illegal to do any contractual terms before a club has accepted. And come on, we can be damn sure Tony would see it that way and throw the book at them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here