Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Am I stupid? Could be, have you got a link to where Bloom has said “ we will not sell to Leeds”? Or did you just make that up? I think you did.

I have seen “ White is not for sale”but no more than that.

I accept that the chances are very small but if they offer stupid money, who knows.

The club(TB) have said on more than one occasion that BW is not for sale. They(TB) have also said they will not strengthen a rival (Leeds).

Reported in the Argus and on Sky (Amongst others) after Leeds last bid.

Sounds pretty clear cut to me.

seagull_si

Jul 8, 2011
Peacehaven
The agent of Ben White was just on SSN saying BHAFC will not sell to Leeds and to watch this space in the coming days for further developments. Sounded like a new deal to me.

Edit..... too slow

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
'Listen Ben, you may want to go to Leeds but Brighton absolutely won't sell you. Unfortunately there is no real interest from any other clubs at the moment so I think we need to go back to Brighton and negotiate the best first team contract we can for you.'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The club(TB) have said on more than one occasion that BW is not for sale. They(TB) have also said they will not strengthen a rival (Leeds).

Reported in the Argus and on Sky (Amongst others) after Leeds last bid.

Sounds pretty clear cut to me.

Fair enough, the Sky interview with his agent reiterates that Brighton will not sell to Leeds under any circumstances. All good then :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Big bid has come in from a foreign club.... white and his agent adamant they won’t sign a contract less than £100k a week (fair call for a £30m player) ... stand off expect a transfer request.

Just as well there’s three years left on his current one then

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Im gobsmacked that his agent has broadcast private discussions that he has had between the club re Ben White. Never seen that happen at all.

Should never be spouting about developments - from the club side, or possibly from Ben.

Not very professional at all. If Ben is being advised by this guy - then my advice would be get a better agent

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What the **** is his agent doing speculating on Sky Sports? Seems a right ****.

My initial thought too.

I’m sure he was hinting at Ben’s 5 year Albion deal that’ll be announced very soon but not great to speculate as an agent.

However, hats off to him. He gave the kind of ‘keep away from my daughter or I’m calling the Police’ message to the deluded Leeds fans which should hopefully extinguish any remaining hopes that Ben will EVER play for them.

Stumpy Tim

Actually I thought the agent did his job pretty well. Kept Leeds fans onside, but made it clear he wasn't going there. So when he signs a new contract Leeds fans won't blame Ben White, they'll bang on about us keeping him there against his will

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
His agent is doing a fantastic job. He's obviously negotiated with Leeds a massive contract, subject to Brighton accepting an offer. He's countered that by playing Brighton if they want to keep him.

Either way, wherever he ends up, his client will have a huge contract.

The one thing that is key, and his agent reluctantly accepted, is that Brighton hold the ace cards. You don't play poker with Bloom.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
100%.

Now he's been training with us... trained with our first team in our elite training ground... I doubt he took much convincing where his future lies.

These days, we are a superior club to Leeds, as much as they would vehemently deny it.

I suspect there will be some caveats in his contract though, for example he must play x amount of games or a release fee is triggered.

He’s been training at Lancing since 2016 and will have been training with the first team during the first half of season 18/19. I’m sure he’s already well aware that our facilities were a cut above.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Negotiating a contract with another club before having an offer accepted.
Come on, don't be so naive. You don't think that Ben/his agent/intermediaries have been discussing a deal with Leeds?

Clubs hate agents, they hate paying them, but they broker deals (legal or illegal)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here