Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
What is irritating is that White who tweeted yesterday about his ‘ love ‘ for a Leeds player still hasn’t amended his on loan to Leeds line next to his name .

Not saying it’s the end of the world but very irritating.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What is irritating is that White who tweeted yesterday about his ‘ love ‘ for a Leeds player still hasn’t amended his on loan to Leeds line next to his name .

Options being kept open, until he signs a new contract we cannot dismiss that he will be going back to Leeds..unlikely but...

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
When Ben White looks back on his career, i'm sure it won't be working under footballing genius Marcelo Bielsa, in a team playing 'Bielsa-ball' in front of one of the best sets of fans in the country with an atmosphere that would be the envy of Brighton and Hove Albion that is the highlight.

No, it will be training next to Lewis Dunk.

:O :O :O

I can’t understand why anyone has ever called Leeds fans deluded!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If the board see Leeds as a rival, like they have said . We will not sell to Leeds.

Not for sale, no sale to a rival. It's simple.

I tend to agree but if they offer the right price anything is possible. Every player has his price, even under TB imo

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I tend to agree but if they offer the right price anything is possible. Every player has his price, even under TB imo

Bloom has said he will not sell to Leeds, are you stupid enough to think after saying that he will then sell to Leeds?
There is no rush to get White to sign a contract extension, even if they offer £40 million I can't see us selling to them.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
When Ben White looks back on his career, i'm sure it won't be working under footballing genius Marcelo Bielsa, in a team playing 'Bielsa-ball' in front of one of the best sets of fans in the country with an atmosphere that would be the envy of Brighton and Hove Albion that is the highlight.

Yes, I was very impressed with the atmosphere at Elland Road after the season restarted. Best it's been all season.

I imagine Ben White's high career points will be when he made his first team debut (for Brighton in the league cup), when he plays in the Premier League for the first time (likely to be with Brighton now), when he plays for England for the first time (who knows when that will be). Whatever you say about last season, he was playing in the Championship. This season will be his first in the Premier League, whoever he plays for.

Given what I've seen of your fanbase over the years at games and recently on social media, I am definitely not envious. Highest percentage of fans who think they have a right to win trophies with nothing to back it up. Maybe you will do well this season, especially if Rodrigo is the type of player you are targeting, but I'd still rather support a team whose fans fought and won to keep them alive and don't have the delusions that most of your fanbase seem to.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bloom has said he will not sell to Leeds, are you stupid enough to think after saying that he will then sell to Leeds?
There is no rush to get White to sign a contract extension, even if they offer £40 million I can't see us selling to them.

Am I stupid? Could be, have you got a link to where Bloom has said “ we will not sell to Leeds”? Or did you just make that up? I think you did.

I have seen “ White is not for sale”but no more than that.

I accept that the chances are very small but if they offer stupid money, who knows.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Best sets of fans in the country... Why was your ground half empty for years and years then?

I'm sure he won't look back on his career and think playing in the championship was the best it got, either.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Not £30m, but I would certainly think about £40m and if I could get away with it a sell on % - if it was a sale today. Those sort of figures for an untested PL centre half must be about right.

Now, if we are talking about at the end of the season and White has had a fantastic year - dealt with everything and shown real class, then of course his value goes up. But, who knows - its a big step up from championship to PL

The thing is - at present no team in the PL will buy at £40m for the simple fact that no one knows how he will perform

You would sell Ben White for £30/40m?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not £30m, but I would certainly think about £40m and if I could get away with it a sell on % - if it was a sale today. Those sort of figures for an untested PL centre half must be about right.

Now, if we are talking about at the end of the season and White has had a fantastic year - dealt with everything and shown real class, then of course his value goes up. But, who knows - its a big step up from championship to PL

The thing is - at present no team in the PL will buy at £40m for the simple fact that no one knows how he will perform

That last paragraph sums up the whole situation nicely .... including for me why he has turned down several contract offers...... his agent will want Prem wages now .... but we will be wanting to make sure he can play at that level before giving him that level of pay (especially when he has 3 years left on a deal)

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Don't really need this thread now Brighton won Leeds lost as is usually the case when they meet in recent times. Getting boring now.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I don’t think Ben runs his Twitter account, it’s used fairly infrequently. Instagram is his social media of choice.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Laurens went on to say, “Can you imagine him (Messi) at Leeds? Everybody at Leeds would have a heart attack or something. Just the thought of Messi playing there, can you imagine Jack Harrison, Ben White, and all those great young players that they have and then Messi on the right hand side.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8nm6hsLp9E&t=764s

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
8CC68668-3434-4ACE-A974-C55FF9F06A97.jpeg
Well, it made me laugh!

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Laurens went on to say, “Can you imagine him (Messi) at Leeds? Everybody at Leeds would have a heart attack or something. Just the thought of Messi playing there, can you imagine Jack Harrison, Ben White, and all those great young players that they have and then Messi on the right hand side.”

What's his weekly wage?

Never heard of him. I reckon Bielsa can turn him into a great footballer though.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Bozza. Can you just do one.? With Ben White and MESSI Leeds would be the most insufferable bellends in the universe.

I’m just sorry they bought him from us.

Oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here