Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It says a Lot about Ben that he’s keeping out of it. There’s plenty of boys who have had their heads turned who then become disruptive in the dressing room. I suppose the view that he is a thoroughly decent boy has been evidenced again.

he does look good handling this. its not his first loan, im sure Newport, maybe Peterborough said he'd be welcome to stay. signed a new contract before the move to Leeds, so he understands what loans are about even if the Leeds fans are having trouble.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Part of me can't wait to see the pics of White training hitting twitter, you can just imagine their measured response online.

Knowing how the club's social media works (and most clubs to be honest), I'll be SHOCKED if there's not a photo of him training with a 'this is the one you've been waiting for', 'you love to see it' or some other horrible, modern click bait type message alongside it.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The only people I can see who have their knickers in a twist at all this are you lot. I get it, after 3 seasons [of struggle] in the Premier League you probably thought you had some kind of foothold. The rug has been taken from under you just at the mere thought that big bad Leeds want to sign a Brighton player (how dare they!) and looking at the league next season, you're one of the smaller fish in there.

We are under absolutely no illusion that our membership of the Premier League is a given*, and that there are more established and recognised clubs in that league. We perfectly understand that the first aim of any season for us as a club is to stay up. As long as we are entertained we are largely content, last season really wasn't the struggle you imagine in that respect.

What is this "big bad Leeds" nonsense though? We don't have a problem with you coveting one of our players, we just find the social-media hissy-fits from sections of your fanbase at the mere thought that you won't get him laughable.

* We are also under no illusion that our club's very existence is a given for that matter.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This whole "he could possibly want a move to a big club who are willing to double the contract Brighton have offered him and play under a world renowned coach who knows exactly how to get the best out of him?" stuff is delusional on your part. A little comfort blanket with no real substance.

Edited for accuracy.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Snakes alive !

The delusion is big in this one ---^

Every non-top-8 club is a relegation rival when the season starts.

Not sure he gets that, likely to finish bottom half and not in top 8-10 = relegation rival.

It doesn't mean you expect to finish in bottom 3 or 4

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
You literally have a near 300 page thread on Leeds United.

There are over 20,000 tweets to #freebenwhite, a change petition, mugs and banner outside our stadium from your club about a player who is going to do well to unseat our existing centre backs.

That says everything we need to know about where Leeds are at the moment

The 300 pages are us laughing at your desperate attempts to still be relevant

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I'm not sure any Leeds fans are *upset*? We've just been promoted to the Premier League after 16 years, why would we be upset? If we don't sign White, we'll sign somebody else and life goes on.

The only people I can see who have their knickers in a twist at all this are you lot. I get it, after 3 seasons [of struggle] in the Premier League you probably thought you had some kind of foothold. The rug has been taken from under you just at the mere thought that big bad Leeds want to sign a Brighton player (how dare they!) and looking at the league next season, you're one of the smaller fish in there.

It's a shame you don't have the running track around your pitch anymore because it seems like most of you could do with blowing off some steam.

Yes, yes, but has your #freebenwhite mug turned up yet?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In fairness, he's their Naylor and is probably being fed those ideas by sources within the club, and it does end on the line "But Leeds are starting to realise that if Brighton won’t blink, they might have to."

I think the long and short of this situation is that the two sides see things very differently. White obviously enjoyed his time at Leeds and made some friends at the club, they therefore believe that there is a chance if they can get the finances right. If he is as good as they say, of course they'll be dropping hints to the press that they're interested and will swoop in if the opportunity arises. We don't want to sell him, and probably won't. It doesn't help that Hay seems to imply, without fully committing to the idea, that White's agent is pushing for more money from us based on the Leeds offer and not interest from bigger, more established clubs. He is however, correct in saying that is the only concrete offer the club have received for him.

The issue is that Hay's readership can't see things from a different perspective. Leeds fans have always been like this, self-crowned Champions of Europe (actually lost 2-0 to Bayern). Reality is not their strong suit.

Delusion starts with the name of their forum "we are champions, champions of Europe" and shortly after indoctrination, the detached from reality la la land bullshit is all they know.

Maybe we should claim our FA cup win in 83

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Delusion starts with the name of their forum "we are champions, champions of Europe" and shortly after indoctrination, the detached from reality la la land bullshit is all they know.

I always thought WACCOE was just their attempt at spelling Leeds United with caps lock on.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020

Which one?

the "Smith must score" game - probably the only real famous moment in your history

or

the replay a few days later - which ranked at the time as the heaviest ever defeat in a Wembley final

Momentous week all round for your club eh

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I just watched the Ben White highlights reel on Youtube again.

A few things struck me. Firstly, yes, he's very comfortable on the ball and his timing of challenges is excellent. Secondly, no way will he get that sort of time on the ball in the Premier League in comparison to the Championship. But thirdly (and most importantly), he's nowhere near as good as Dunk, yet.

Has the potential definitely, but Lewis has proved that he can do all the same things, better and consistently, at the highest level.

So the dream scenario is that we keep both and White is integrated into the defence, learning from Dunk, other players and the great coaching of Potter. Perhaps in a season or two then the offers become to big for us to refuse. Fair enough.

However, if we are to lose one or the other in this window then I know what I'm more concerned about, and that would be losing Lewis Dunk. He's the finished article, the best English CB there is (that's right Gareth). White is purely potential (fabulous potential but still....).

Anyway, the good news is that whatever happens, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Leeds, however much they jump up and down shouting with their hand in the air.

It's understandable that they rate White so highly, their previous high water mark was Pontus Jansson. They actually thought he was good FFS.

Dunk is 10x the defender they have had in decades, so their idolisation of Ben White isn't really surprising. He's played his last game for them, they are angry. I get it. But if the lad did go there (I know he wont) then it could have truly ruined his career. The expectation that he would be the rock around which their defence was built and their ridiculous delusion that they will be able to play exactly the same style in the PL as they did last season...........recipe for total disaster for a young player who is still developing.

Instead, he can be eased into PL football with some of the best in the business to learn from.

Anyway, I really hope Dunk doesn't leave, but we do appear to have planned superbly for any eventuality when it comes to defenders.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Which one?

the "Smith must score" game - probably the only real famous moment in your history

or

the replay a few days later - which ranked at the time as the heaviest ever defeat in a Wembley final

It would be delusional of us to do that, wouldn’t it thickie. No normal person would claim to be champions of something that they actually lost. That’s the point he is making. Now go and bore someone who actually cares.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Leeds’ Athletic correspondent has pinged another tweet about Ben White which has, predictably, stirred the hornet’s nest. Reply after reply after reply of bitter, disillusioned stupidity from our northern chums.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Which one?

or

Has there ever been a more appropriate time for a WHOOOOSSHHHHH!!!!!!

You thick ****. :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ben White takes his time over a new contract: "He's Leeds through and through! He wants to leave Brighton! They're taking the piss with their shitty low contract offer!"

Marcelo Bielsa takes his time over a new contract: "He's a complicated man who wants to get all the details right!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here