Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Little bit rich a Leeds fan suggesting we have one of the worst squads in the league when every single member of our fist team squad walks into their side and is probably instantly the best player..

Especially when as of today - week 1 of pre-season they are weaker than their Championship winning side already in what was quite an average Championship season. Certainly compared to Sheff Utd , Wolves and even our / Newcastle seasons. They need to start bringing in some experience and depth into the squad

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Phil Hay lost all credibility when he claimed Ben White didn't know any Brighton players or have friends in the dressing room.

Yeah Phil Hay is a bizarre source for Leeds fans. I didn’t know who he was before all this but he’s awful. He’s misleading them just like Angus Kinnear.

It’s like the pressure from the fans is too much. Nobody wants to say something that will upset the deluded fanbase. It’s a sad state of affairs.

Even the piece for the Atlantic with Naylor today...Naylor distanced himself from it by saying “Phil Hay wrote most of it” in his tweet.

Interestingly that piece actually states that White is first and foremost negotiating his Brighton contract.
But it’s been twisted in the article to continue dangling that carrot for Leeds fans saying “if the negotiations break down he’d consider Leeds”.
Thing is, he has no leverage...although I’ve no doubt the club will take care of him.

Naylor also stated that there’s no need to sell anyone this window.

[tweet]1295382100569456640[/tweet]

White’s agent is doing a great PR job though with the media. As are the desperate Leeds fans! Worth $50m apparently?! All top 6 clubs chasing him apparently!! And the “most wanted player in England”!!!
Thanks for the hype Leeds fans. We’ll be selling a few Ben White shirts :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I’d like to know how Fulham are considered a big club.

I remember them doing well in a European cup once and having 30+ seasons in the top flight. Is that all it takes?

In the Championship - absolutely. They also have an incredibly rich owner. They have regularly been one of the biggest fish in the Championship whenever they've not been in the Premier League.

In exactly the same way that Burnley and Middlesbrough were some of the biggest clubs in the Championship whilst we were there.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Part of me can't wait to see the pics of White training hitting twitter, you can just imagine their measured response online.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Part of me can't wait to see the pics of White training hitting twitter, you can just imagine their measured response online.

Probably doesn't help that he hasn't updated his social medias to remove the 'on loan at Leeds' stuff yet but as a 22 year old lad I am sure he is absolutely loving all the attention from both sides

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White has obviously had his head turned. How could he possibly consider staying at Brighton to learn from England international Dunk and a champions league semi finalist and multi league winner signed from Ajax while having the future star lamptey or former Barcelona player Montoya on his right when he could learn from Liam Cooper and have Luke ayling to his right? Poor Ben, I might join the campaign to get him released from this horrific situation.

[emoji1787]

Beautifully put

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Probably doesn't help that he hasn't updated his social medias to remove the 'on loan at Leeds' stuff yet but as a 22 year old lad I am sure he is absolutely loving all the attention from both sides

To be fair he's only a young man who's got a lot of attention, that won't stop the club doing their yearly promo of first day pics. Leeds fans will be going through a feeling of cognitive dissonance over the next few days on many levels.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Or he could possibly want a move to a big club who are willing to double the contract Brighton have offered him and play under a world renowned coach who knows exactly how to get the best out of him?

A big club! When I first read that I thought you were referring to Liverpool or Chelsea who it is rumoured have been sniffing around. Then I realised you were actually referring to Leeds. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hope there are none of these 'hitting' twitter. He needs to be protected from this rubbish.

Like I said 22 year old lad , loving the attention no doubt. The fact he retweeted that Super6 thing yesterday with his highlights reel shows he laps it up

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Yeah Phil Hay is a bizarre source for Leeds fans. I didn’t know who he was before all this but he’s awful. He’s misleading them just like Angus Kinnear.

It’s like the pressure from the fans is too much. Nobody wants to say something that will upset the deluded fanbase. It’s a sad state of affairs.

Even the piece for the Atlantic with Naylor today...Naylor distanced himself from it by saying “Phil Hay wrote most of it” in his tweet.

Interestingly that piece actually states that White is first and foremost negotiating his Brighton contract.
But it’s been twisted in the article to continue dangling that carrot for Leeds fans saying “if the negotiations break down he’d consider Leeds”.
Thing is, he has no leverage...although I’ve no doubt the club will take care of him.

Naylor also stated that there’s no need to sell anyone this window.

https://twitter.com/andynaylorbhafc/status/1295382100569456640?s=21

White’s agent is doing a great PR job though with the media. As are the desperate Leeds fans! Worth $50m apparently?! All top 6 clubs chasing him apparently!! And the “most wanted player in England”!!!
Thanks for the hype Leeds fans. We’ll be selling a few Ben White shirts :)

In fairness, he's their Naylor and is probably being fed those ideas by sources within the club, and it does end on the line "But Leeds are starting to realise that if Brighton won’t blink, they might have to."

I think the long and short of this situation is that the two sides see things very differently. White obviously enjoyed his time at Leeds and made some friends at the club, they therefore believe that there is a chance if they can get the finances right. If he is as good as they say, of course they'll be dropping hints to the press that they're interested and will swoop in if the opportunity arises. We don't want to sell him, and probably won't. It doesn't help that Hay seems to imply, without fully committing to the idea, that White's agent is pushing for more money from us based on the Leeds offer and not interest from bigger, more established clubs. He is however, correct in saying that is the only concrete offer the club have received for him.

The issue is that Hay's readership can't see things from a different perspective. Leeds fans have always been like this, self-crowned Champions of Europe (actually lost 2-0 to Bayern). Reality is not their strong suit.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I hope there are none of these 'hitting' twitter. He needs to be protected from this rubbish.

Do you really think this won't happen? The club and us every right to celebrate the start of a new season, the fact that some Leeds nose's gets put out of joint says more about their behaviour then ours.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Knickers in a twist? You literally have a petition!

A change.org petition
Memes
Trending hashtags on twitter
Songs
Mugs

And we’re the ones with our knickers in the twist. Honestly I know you hate to hear this Leeds fans, but we’ve mainly been having a good old laugh with this and the way you’ve carried on.

#freebenwhite [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah Phil Hay is a bizarre source for Leeds fans. I didn’t know who he was before all this but he’s awful.

You might think he's awful but its hardly bizarre. He's reported on Leeds , first for the Yorkshire Evening Post and then the Athletic for years.
He clearly talks to sources inside the club all the time.
Naylor didn't "distance" himself from the piece. He shared it on Twitter, and co-wrote it. [with Hay]

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
A change.org petition
Memes
Trending hashtags on twitter
Songs
Mugs

And we’re the ones with our knickers in the twist. Honestly I know you hate to hear this Leeds fans, but we’ve mainly been having a good old laugh with this and the way you’ve carried on.

#freebenwhite [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Didn't you know, that's all part of the normal transfer negotiations for Leeds

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

REALISTICALLY he had a good time at Leeds, of course. He was part of a Championship winning team. He got his first real taste of celebrity. He’s treated like a GOD by a huge mob of Leeds fans.

Of course he’s a god. He’s a Brighton player.

It’s unlikely he wants to fall out with the Leeds fans. They make up the majority of his followers on social media. It’s good for his brand to be popular. Not only is it a big dopamine hit every time he tweets or posts on instagram, his global popularity drives up his value.

He’ll also want to use the Leeds experience and crazy fandom to help with his contract negotiations.

Still. It was a loan. And it has ended. And he’s back home with his real friends and family that he grew up with for 22 years.
Also back with the team he’s been with since he was 16.

That’s just how loans work.

I went on holiday to Benidorm once.
Made a lot of friends, got off with a nice bird. It’s a great memory!
Doesn’t mean I want to live there.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Do you really think this won't happen? The club and us every right to celebrate the start of a new season, the fact that some Leeds nose's gets put out of joint says more about their behaviour then ours.

I know, I know, I just hope Ben is ok. No thanks to these Leeds idiots.

Praying for their relegation and a few hidings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here