Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

PabloHoney

Aug 11, 2020
It is possible of course. Unless you are party to any discussions then it is impossible to know either way. In your scenario though you would think Leeds would have bid a sum that might give Brighton cause to consider it, wouldn't you?

Isn't that why it's thought that we'll offer a third bid?..

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As far as I can see, no real big money signings have been made by any clubs yet? I'm sure we'll see some movement in the coming weeks.

This whole 'we won't sell to a 'relegation rival' stuff is delusional on your part. A little comfort blanket with no real substance.

No big money signings, but we've added some significant players to our squad already: an England international, a Holland international and the Championship's most highly rated centre back.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Or he could possibly want a move to a big club who are willing to double the contract Brighton have offered him and play under a world renowned coach who knows exactly how to get the best out of him?

Oh FFS what "Big" club, Leeds? Which century are you talking about? you do realise many of your fans were not even born in the 70's? If you are so big how come you cannot make us an offer that is truly tempting. What you don't get and the actual "big clubs" do, is that when an owner of something says its not for sale the only possible way to change their mind is to make an offer that is almost too hard to refuse, the rumour mill now has an actual "big" club preparing such an offer, and I doubt Man Utd will be successful.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I think what hurts and upsets all the Leeds knuckledraggers so intensely is that a team like Brighton can simply say no to them, the dawning realisation that your club no longer has the draw and balance of power it once had in it's glory days, the fact that Leeds bargaining power is on a par with QPR or Hull City. It clearly winds them up into a mouth frothing frenzy of indignation which just has the effect of every other team's fans laughing at them. It's very very funny and the joke is on Leeds. Also this 'big club' thing, Leeds do indeed have a big fanbase, undoubtedly larger than Brightons but they are not a big club in the footballing sense by any stretch of the imagination no matter how many Leeds fans shout it in your face.

PabloHoney

Aug 11, 2020
Oh FFS what "Big" club, Leeds? Which century are you talking about? you do realise many of your fans were not even born in the 70's? If you are so big how come you cannot make us an offer that is truly tempting. What you don't get and the actual "big clubs" do, is that when an owner of something says its not for sale the only possible way to change their mind is to make an offer that is almost too hard to refuse, the rumour mill now has an actual "big" club preparing such an offer, and I doubt Man Utd will be successful.

You literally have a near 300 page thread on Leeds United.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As far as I can see, no real big money signings have been made by any clubs yet? I'm sure we'll see some movement in the coming weeks.

This whole 'we won't sell to a 'relegation rival' stuff is delusional on your part. A little comfort blanket with no real substance.
Snakes alive !

The delusion is big in this one ---^

Every non-top-8 club is a relegation rival when the season starts.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Isn't that why it's thought that we'll offer a third bid?..

I see.

"Right Ben, now that we have established that you are keen to leave our plan is to make two bids way short of what will be accepted and then hang around pointlessly for a bit while making a third. After all, the last thing we want is to piss about all summer."

Is that how it has gone, do you think?

You know we don't want or need to sell so it seems an ever so slightly flawed strategy. Maybe it's just a leak the bids so the fans think we tried but greedy Brighton held out for more approach. Who knows.

Soon it'll be "he wasn't all that anyway," "we'll have him next season for £5m when Brighton go down" and (random European central defender signed instead you have never seen play) "is much better and was Bielsa's top target."

PabloHoney

Aug 11, 2020
I think what hurts and upsets all the Leeds knuckledraggers so intensely is that a team like Brighton can simply say no to them, the dawning realisation that your club no longer has the draw and balance of power it once had in it's glory days, the fact that Leeds bargaining power is on a par with QPR or Hull City. It clearly winds them up into a mouth frothing frenzy of indignation which just has the effect of every other team's fans laughing at them. It's very very funny and the joke is on Leeds.

I'm not sure any Leeds fans are *upset*? We've just been promoted to the Premier League after 16 years, why would we be upset? If we don't sign White, we'll sign somebody else and life goes on.

The only people I can see who have their knickers in a twist at all this are you lot. I get it, after 3 seasons [of struggle] in the Premier League you probably thought you had some kind of foothold. The rug has been taken from under you just at the mere thought that big bad Leeds want to sign a Brighton player (how dare they!) and looking at the league next season, you're one of the smaller fish in there.

It's a shame you don't have the running track around your pitch anymore because it seems like most of you could do with blowing off some steam.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
You literally have a near 300 page thread on Leeds United.

Actually we have a thread on the delusions of Leeds United fans, Leeds United FC and Leeds United Fans are two totally different topics. We're laughing at the club's fans, not the club itself.

Hope that clears it up for you, it can be a bit confusing.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
A matter of opinion, but we were promoted against a much better standard of opposition in 16/17 than Leeds have been in 19/20. We finished the season with Pocognoli being the only loan player we used much, the others being Tomori (9 apps), Akpom (10 apps, mostly as sub I think) and Adekugbe (1 app). Murray loan was converted to permanent in January.

Our first season strengthening brought in Ryan, Krul, Schelotto, Suttner, Propper, Gross and Izquierdo with Izzy Brown on loan in summer. Ulloa and Locadia came in in the winter window.

That was just strengthening what we had, our only major outgoing was Stockdale.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I'm not sure any Leeds fans are *upset*? We've just been promoted to the Premier League after 16 years, why would we be upset? If we don't sign White, we'll sign somebody else and life goes on.

The only people I can see who have their knickers in a twist at all this are you lot. I get it, after 3 seasons [of struggle] in the Premier League you probably thought you had some kind of foothold. The rug has been taken from under you just at the mere thought that big bad Leeds want to sign a Brighton player (how dare they!) and looking at the league next season, you're one of the smaller fish in there.

It's a shame you don't have the running track around your pitch anymore because it seems like most of you could do with blowing off some steam.
Not upset? :lolol:, clearly you've not read the thousands of tweets from Leeds fans apoplectic with rage and crying over not being able to sign our player.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Are you having a laugh? The vitriol, anger and contempt on social media, Leeds forums (from what has been posted on here) and the ones we're 'lucky' enough to have on here is hilarious but clearly shows they are upset. You used to walk over clubs like Brighton to get the players you want. Now we are three years in the Premier League ahead of you and have no problem turning down bids for our players. This clearly does upset a lot of your fans and some of the comments I've seen have been truly pathetic

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Aw ................... bless!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

That fact of not selling to a rival actually happens in this league...we suffered it with trying to get Mitrovic from Newcastle... (think you might be about to find this out the hard way)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I’d imagine that, before Ben White left Leeds, that the club would have had a quiet word to try and influence the player into agitating for a permanent contract.

I cannot believe that Bielsa or his assistants wouldn’t have tried to drip poison into our players ear.

The fact that Ben has not said anything to in the media about his future hints very heavily that that strategy hasn’t worked for Leeds but it will, almost certainly, be the reason (or a reason) that his agent has advised him to reject 2 contract enhancements from us. He will use the desperation of Leeds to sign him as evidence that his salary needs to be greatly increased.

Obviously such a conversation between LUFC and White would be seen as “tapping up” but I’m certain that they would do anything in their power to nobble Ben before his loan ended. Does anyone really believe that a player of his quality would be allowed to just waltz off without some serious lobbying. It is very sad that there is no trust or respect between clubs as it affects the Loan Market.

I’m sure there would have been a watertight loan agreement between us and Leeds to prohibit any discussions about future business but I’m equally sure that Leeds would have ignored this agreement.

It says a Lot about Ben that he’s keeping out of it. There’s plenty of boys who have had their heads turned who then become disruptive in the dressing room. I suppose the view that he is a thoroughly decent boy has been evidenced again.

Reading between the lines we can work out what happened at Elland Road.as information we’ve had from the media about our refusal to sell him to anyone we’re likely to need to be scrapping with to survive and repeated statements aimed specifically at Leeds about him NOT being for sale and him being “our player” tells me that Bloom and Potter have been throughly disgusted by Leeds behaviour.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Little bit rich a Leeds fan suggesting we have one of the worst squads in the league when every single member of our fist team squad walks into their side and is probably instantly the best player..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here