Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
The longer this drags on the better for us, this must surely be damaging the stability of their pre-season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That seems unlikely. More likely that we're negotiating a new deal and going back and forth to find a number. Didn't mean he's rejected £20k. Hundreds of moving parts in a deal.

Exactly.

Also, his agent would be a clown to allow him to sign a new contract with 8 centre backs currently in they 1st team and Potter about to begin his assessment of the squad.

I very much suspect that once the transfer window closes and the agent loses his bargaining power, Mr White will be on a 4 or 5 year contract with us, probably double the rejected £20k which makes sense for someone having £22m bids turned down for them.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
They can hold out if they want.

I can’t see us giving a rival like them a huge boost in the form of their best ever player (a Seagulls loanee).

But Bloom could string them along if he wanted. Doesn’t take much to string them along apparently. Just reject their bids and tell them he’s not for sale. They’ll continue to think we are playing hardball.

In the meantime they can carry on not signing anyone (not even their manager) and start the season with a significantly weaker team than the one that won the championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
After quietly viewing waccoe for the last week or so I finally succumbed and posted on yesterday as I just couldn’t bite my tongue any longer - naively I actually thought I could make some sensible contribution. I just tried to politely point out some of the facts but they really are the most impossible bunch of deluded morons.. They twist everything you say and the minute they started to lose the argument all I got was ***k off ***t face!

I hate to say it, because Leeds fan are deluded BUT if you go writing stuff on someone else's forum I don't think you can complain when you get told to f*ck off.

BigRed

May 22, 2020
Phil Hay reporting this morning that the highest Leeds bid is £22m which has already been rejected and no better offer submitted which would suggest that is Leeds valuation of the player. This of course being the same club who told villa it would take more than £30m to sign Phillips from them!

Clowns

https://twitter.com/philhay_/status/1295610200582389760?s=21

Just because we’ve put in 22 doesn’t mean that’s the highest we’ll go.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Exactly.

Also, his agent would be a clown to allow him to sign a new contract with 8 centre backs currently in they 1st team and Potter about to begin his assessment of the squad.

I very much suspect that once the transfer window closes and the agent loses his bargaining power, Mr White will be on a 4 or 5 year contract with us, probably double the rejected £20k which makes sense for someone having £22m bids turned down for them.

...however he remains unproven at this level and £40k a week for 4/5 years is a *lot* of money to gamble (even for a gambler) if he fails to live up to the hype.

This summer could have done untold damage to his game (it's not like he'd be the first player to have shined in the Championship and thought that getting to the PL meant the job was done rather than the job was just starting).

Can see him being on no more than £25k/3yrs with a promise of a further contract with revised terms at the end of this season (if he does prove to be as good as his potential). At that point, £50k/5yrs is not out of kilter with the budget and squad norms. (Although if proven at this level then a sale could well be on the cards, because we are never going to throw the sort of wages at a player than the big boys, and less prudent teams, will.)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He's not for sale (especially to a relegation rival) so it doesn't really matter what you're prepared to go to.....................meanwhile, clock ticks towards the start of the season and you've currently got a team weaker than what won a weak championship. That top 6 place must surely be looking a bit flaky ??

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I hate to say it, because Leeds fan are deluded BUT if you go writing stuff on someone else's forum I don't think you can complain when you get told to f*ck off.

Don’t worry, I understand that and I’m thick skinned enough not to be bothered. I’ve had plenty of well rounded conversations and banter with fans of other clubs over the years (both on here, other forums or Facebook but I’ve never come across any fans as deluded as that bunch) I was just naive to think I could contribute something to their conversation. I won’t bother in future

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

No it does not but given your opening response to Villa for Phillips was at least £30m and your lot keep telling us he is the next England centre half your offer is a bit of a joke really isn’t it.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Don’t worry, I understand that and I’m thick skinned enough not to be bothered. I’ve had plenty of well rounded conversations and banter with fans of other clubs over the years (both on here, other forums or Facebook but I’ve never come across any fans as deluded as that bunch) I was just naive to think I could contribute something to their conversation. I won’t bother in future

I can understand it must have been tempting going straight to the source. Some of things they've come out with are just staggering. I keep telling myself that their delusions of grandeur must be wrapped up in the honeymoon of their promotion, and probably seeing Sheff Utd have a decent season last year. But almost on a daily basis one of their fans says something so alarmingly out of sync with reality, its almost impossible not to react and say something.

PabloHoney

Aug 11, 2020
He's not for sale (especially to a relegation rival) so it doesn't really matter what you're prepared to go to.....................

You know, just because you keep saying this it doesn't make it any more true? What is your evidence of this, on both fronts?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You know, just because you keep saying this it doesn't make it any more true? What is your evidence of this, on both fronts?

Look at Tony Bloom reign as chairman. We've only ever sold 1 player we didn't want to (Ulloa to Leicester when we were in the Championship and they got promoted to the PL)

We are not a selling club

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

There is literally nothing from the club, Ben or his agent that indicates he's on his way - only Potter saying that he's firmly part of his plans. Nothing. Apart from piles of fan-driven BS on social media and few has-been ex-players bleating to appease the deluded masses, what's your counter-evidence ? Who have Leeds signed so far to strengthen the squad (bearing in mind the supposed best player has returned home) ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In all honesty I'm not even that bothered, but I find this whole circus hilarious. We're talking about a kid who has been excellent at every level of course, but we have all seen what a big jump it is the Premier League. If Ben really has Top 6 ambitions and belief he can get there then sure staying where he is having a good season or 2 is all he needs to do so?

PabloHoney

Aug 11, 2020
There is literally nothing from the club, Ben or his agent that indicates he's on his way - only Potter saying that he's firmly part of his plans. Nothing. Apart from piles of fan-driven BS on social media and few has-been ex-players bleating to appease the deluded masses, what's your counter-evidence ? Who have Leeds signed so far to strengthen the squad (bearing in mind the supposed best player has returned home) ?

As far as I can see, no real big money signings have been made by any clubs yet? I'm sure we'll see some movement in the coming weeks.

This whole 'we won't sell to a 'relegation rival' stuff is delusional on your part. A little comfort blanket with no real substance.

PabloHoney

Aug 11, 2020
In all honesty I'm not even that bothered, but I find this whole circus hilarious. We're talking about a kid who has been excellent at every level of course, but we have all seen what a big jump it is the Premier League. If Ben really has Top 6 ambitions and belief he can get there then sure staying where he is having a good season or 2 is all he needs to do so?

Or he could possibly want a move to a big club who are willing to double the contract Brighton have offered him and play under a world renowned coach who knows exactly how to get the best out of him?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
As far as I can see, no real big money signings have been made by any clubs yet? I'm sure we'll see some movement in the coming weeks.

This whole 'we won't sell to a 'relegation rival' stuff is delusional on your part. A little comfort blanket with no real substance.

So why do you think Ben wants to join you? What evidence do you have? I want to understand.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

What exactly is your job title in the club?

Brighton have made it quite clear that they expect Ben White to stay at the club.

Please take a reality pill.
You are no longer an elite club and wlll certainly not have players drooling at the prospect of joining the once mighty Leeds.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
And one of the first replies to that is "White needs to make his mind up in the next week or so tbh, I would be gutted if we moved on then it became the case he was going to be available later on but we can't wait too long and then him end up signing a new contract anyway".

It's as if they think it's up to White if he goes or not... Not tied to a further 3 year contract with the Albion

According to some northern monkey Sam rose Brown
BHA are money grabbing ********s..
I never knew we were a charity for deluded clubs..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here