Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
As far as I can see, no real big money signings have been made by any clubs yet? I'm sure we'll see some movement in the coming weeks.

This whole 'we won't sell to a 'relegation rival' stuff is delusional on your part. A little comfort blanket with no real substance.

We're delusional? That is hilarious

You are the one coming on to our forum to talk about our player. You'd be very welcome to go away

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Or he could possibly want a move to a big club who are willing to double the contract Brighton have offered him and play under a world renowned coach who knows exactly how to get the best out of him?

What even is a big club? A big empty stadium? Some trophies 40-50 years ago? Have Leeds learnt nothing from their past problems if they're throwing money around on £60k+/week deals for 22 year old players? Ben White is going to have a very short career if only Bielsa can 'get the best out of him' isn't he. Especially with his track record of short tenures at clubs.

Leeds fans can never answer this - but if Bielsa is so good at coaching players why is there not a single U23 that you currently have that you could develop yourselves rather than relying on loans from other clubs?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As far as I can see, no real big money signings have been made by any clubs yet? I'm sure we'll see some movement in the coming weeks.

This whole 'we won't sell to a 'relegation rival' stuff is delusional on your part. A little comfort blanket with no real substance.

We're quite pleased with a couple of CL-experienced players signed so far I think - and were also starting with a decent PL squad, not a championship standard collection including several loanees. Mind the gap eh - it's currently growing

You clearly don't know how Tony Bloom operates. Or are you saying you aren't relegation candidates ? We're (mostly) realistic enough to realise we are...............

PabloHoney

Aug 11, 2020
So why do you think Ben wants to join you? What evidence do you have? I want to understand.

There isn't any *evidence*. It must be rare when players actually give evidence that's in the public domain about them wanting to join a club?

On the balance of probably i'd say it's likely though. You joke about him having 'best mates' at Leeds, but how important is it that a player feels settled at a club? After what our team did last season, even you must understand he may possibly want to carry on where he left off with his team mates under a coach like Bielsa? For a player who the club hold in such high regard, i'm sure the least he would have done is indicate his intentions of where he wants to play next season and he'd afford us the ball ache of chasing him all summer if he'd said no.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
One things for sure. If Ben does leave it won’t be for Leeds. Not a chance. You will be out bid and out wager by bigger clubs.

He will likely stay now and there will a re evaluation come end of the season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Or he could possibly want a move to a big club who are willing to double the contract Brighton have offered him and play under a world renowned coach who knows exactly how to get the best out of him?

The sheer arrogance of this post sums up everything that is wrong with Leeds fanbase. I think you might be in for a shock this season. The Premier League has moved on a lot since you were last in it

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

we'll you've been told 3 times he's not for sale .....perhaps your comfort blanket is wrapped too tightly round your little head..:wink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Phil Hay reporting this morning that the highest Leeds bid is £22m which has already been rejected and no better offer submitted which would suggest that is Leeds valuation of the player. This of course being the same club who told villa it would take more than £30m to sign Phillips from them!

Clowns

https://twitter.com/philhay_/status/1295610200582389760?s=21
Phil Hay lost all credibility when he claimed Ben White didn't know any Brighton players or have friends in the dressing room.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
There isn't any *evidence*. It must be rare when players actually give evidence that's in the public domain about them wanting to join a club?

On the balance of probably i'd say it's likely though. You joke about him having 'best mates' at Leeds, but how important is it that a player feels settled at a club? After what our team did last season, even you must understand he may possibly want to carry on where he left off with his team mates under a coach like Bielsa? For a player who the club hold in such high regard, i'm sure the least he would have done is indicate his intentions of where he wants to play next season and he'd afford us the ball ache of chasing him all summer if he'd said no.

So you have no evidence. He was at your club for ONE season. You don’t think he has mates here? You don’t think he’s settled here after being here since he was 16?

ONE season. And you’re so carried away. You need to take your head out of the clouds and stop believing everything your Leeds mates say on social media. Think critically.

Why on earth would Tony Bloom strengthen a rival?

What evidence do I have? We’ve said NOT FOR SALE fairly consistently throughout this deluded nonsense.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

agree, he'd do well under Klopp.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You know, just because you keep saying this it doesn't make it any more true? What is your evidence of this, on both fronts?

We haven't sold him, that is some evidence that he is not for sale. Truthfully though, everyone has a price, it's just that we don't want or need to sell, so that price is going to be well above what he might otherwise go for, and probably well above what Leeds, or anyone else, is prepared to pay at this point in his career. Having not paid a massive fee to have him sign a contract with us, it is a low risk for us to try him in the Prem, and a big risk to sell him to a rival, for everyone else it is an expensive gamble with a possibly huge downside and a reduced upside, look elsewhere, best for everyone.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Phil Hay lost all credibility when he claimed Ben White didn't know any Brighton players or have friends in the dressing room.

I don't know who this Phil Hay is other than he is obviously a very committed Leeds fan but he spouts nonsense on a daily basis seemingly just making stuff up to please the Leeds fans that presumably lap up his lies. Here's an excerpt from his predictably false latest column:

Ben White “is keen” on a move back to Leeds United if his contract talks with Brighton go nowhere, according to Athletic journalist Phil Hay.

That’s the good news as the White transfer saga rolls on.

Leeds seemed to have reached an impasse after two offers (the highest being £22m upfront plus add-ons) were rejected.

So many falsehoods in those opening paragraphs it's laughable really. Firstly he can't provide any evidence for any of it, it's like a bloke in the pub making wild claims to his mates who all know he is talking bollox. Secondly there is no 'ongoing transfer saga' or impasse?! We turned down 2 derisory bids and told Leeds he's not for sale and to stop keep embarrassing themselves by continuing to come back, as far as the Albion are concerned that is it, finished. Also he goes on to.talk about Albion's valuation of £40mill, at no stage ever have Albion put a value on Ben White or invited offers for him because the club have stated he isn't being sold.

Leeds strutting around like they are still a big First division club cherry-picking talent when it suits them have failed to realise that they are also-rans these days despite how big their fanbase is they are not a footballing giant.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Not a big club anymore, not even any ones cup final any more.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Ben White has obviously had his head turned. How could he possibly consider staying at Brighton to learn from England international Dunk and a champions league semi finalist and multi league winner signed from Ajax while having the future star lamptey or former Barcelona player Montoya on his right when he could learn from Liam Cooper and have Luke ayling to his right? Poor Ben, I might join the campaign to get him released from this horrific situation.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Why on earth would he want to go to a newly promoted club, probably going back down when the likes of LFC, Man Utd, spurs are interested?
My preference is for Ben to stay for a couple of years but it must be hard to turn down one of those clubs even if it means as back up at first to the first team. I understand BHA are interested in loaning Brewster from LFC so could be used as a sweetener but not sure Klopp has the money to spend.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

It is possible of course. Unless you are party to any discussions then it is impossible to know either way. In your scenario though you would think Leeds would have bid a sum that might give Brighton cause to consider it, wouldn't you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here