Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
personally at 26yo id sooner go for batshuyi over some foreign league striker punt, hoped we might go in for him.

Ideally, the day after Ben signs his new contract (and the last day before the new season starts) he gets a phone call whilst on his way to Leeds and diverts down to Brighton as we SWOOP and steal him from under their noses, leaving them with just Bamford up front [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ideally, the day after Ben signs his new contract (and the last day before the new season starts) he gets a phone call whilst on his way to Leeds and diverts down to Brighton as we SWOOP and steal him from under their noses, leaving them with just Bamford up front [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

:lolol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

About time a motorway handbrake skid went in our favour

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The "Bielsa made him" is the biggest delusion of all. He helped along the way for sure but you don't make a Championship winning CB overnight. It takes about 22 years apparently.

Even though I think he'd be fine going to Leeds or Brighton (no idea on his actual preference), the Leeds Bielsa set up is clearly unpredictable/unstable and involves no long term thinking.

I wanted to ask you guys if you know anything about transfer requests?

My understanding is they are a statement of intent but nothing more. They don't affect the contract, except the player loses money.

You can refuse to play. Effectively "going on strike". But unless you are already on Neymar wages and integral to the first team I don't think you have much leverage.

Also it's a big red flag for a 22yr old on the cusp Premiership football to already be trying to manipulate his club.

Can someone tell me if I'm right, wrong or somewhere in between?

EDIT: I read this but it didn't give me all the answers I was seeking.

Being a "trouble maker" will put some clubs off buying, us being one.

Asking for a transfer is acceptable in certain circumstances but not if you're young and likely to be involved with the first team , I'd argue.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Being a "trouble maker" will put some clubs off buying, us being one.

Asking for a transfer is acceptable in certain circumstances but not if you're young and likely to be involved with the first team , I'd argue.

Asking for a transfer totally fine. As long as you play, are professional and give 100% while it's going through. Several of our players will have asked to come to us.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
They wouldnt take 30 million from Villa, last summer for Kalvin Phillips, a player who'd never kicked a ball in the PL.

One year later and our player, who was their player of year and we're meant to take 20 odd million from them because they think that's their fair price for White.

Wrong. Do at least try and get your facts right!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I got dragged into some email exchanges with Leeds fans this morning then realised the futility of explaining that we're not holding out for more money and that we don't want to sell Ben White. It's such a wall of ill informed ignorance and entitlement. This must be what tinnitus feels like.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I got dragged into some email exchanges with Leeds fans this morning then realised the futility of explaining that we're not holding out for more money and that we don't want to sell Ben White. It's such a wall of ill informed ignorance and entitlement. This must be what tinnitus feels like.

There seems to be an ongoing arrogance from some of their supporters who think that all the club has to do is show an interest in a player and he is theirs. We should be honoured that such a huge club is prepared to take a player like Ben White off our hands apparently and actually pay us for it.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

After quietly viewing waccoe for the last week or so I finally succumbed and posted on yesterday as I just couldn’t bite my tongue any longer - naively I actually thought I could make some sensible contribution. I just tried to politely point out some of the facts but they really are the most impossible bunch of deluded morons.. They twist everything you say and the minute they started to lose the argument all I got was ***k off ***t face!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Article jointly written by Hay and Naylor in the Athletic this morning (apologies if paywalled). Nothing really new, but does seem to indicate Leeds still have a bit of hope.......

The deluded tools have already infiltrated the comments page, of course (‘their finances aren’t clever - particularly the holding company’ and ‘they just want to squeeze every last penny’)

Should Leeds risk holding out to sign Brighton’s Ben White? https://theathletic.com/2001549/202...o-bielsa-brighton/?source=user_shared_article

Stumpy Tim

I think I've blocked about 100 Leeds fans on Twitter, most of whom haven't responded directly to anything I've posted. They're just so thick and entitled that I don't see how they'll ever add any value to my Twitter feed

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Ben White

I think I've blocked about 100 Leeds fans on Twitter, most of whom haven't responded directly to anything I've posted. They're just so thick and entitled that I don't see how they'll ever add any value to my Twitter feed

I tried at one point to turn a slanging match into a conversation but it didn’t work.

They are all singing from the same song sheet. And it’s all nonsensical. You can’t argue with anyone who can barely function as a human being.

I think I might save their tweets and put them in a montage to music when they finish below us this season. Especially the Bielsa vs Potter tweets.

It’s ****ing sad that I now know more about their club and current predicament than most of them know about their own club.

It was wrong of me to think they might have taken a serious look at our team and manager and set up.

Oh well! I think I’ll just troll them when I’m not busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Phil Hay reporting this morning that the highest Leeds bid is £22m which has already been rejected and no better offer submitted which would suggest that is Leeds valuation of the player. This of course being the same club who told villa it would take more than £30m to sign Phillips from them!

Clowns

https://twitter.com/philhay_/status/1295610200582389760?s=21

Are you able to get past the paywall?

He worked on that price with Andy Naylor, who also tweeted it out.

Why on earth are they still holding out?
For what?
I’m so confused.

https://twitter.com/andynaylorbhafc/status/1295612180738584576?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumpy Tim

Phil Hay reporting this morning that the highest Leeds bid is £22m which has already been rejected and no better offer submitted which would suggest that is Leeds valuation of the player. This of course being the same club who told villa it would take more than £30m to sign Phillips from them!

Clowns

https://twitter.com/philhay_/status/1295610200582389760?s=21

And one of the first replies to that is "White needs to make his mind up in the next week or so tbh, I would be gutted if we moved on then it became the case he was going to be available later on but we can't wait too long and then him end up signing a new contract anyway".

It's as if they think it's up to White if he goes or not... Not tied to a further 3 year contract with the Albion

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ben White

They mean do they move on to other targets, or go back with £30M. Also talk that they expect Ben putting a transfer request in could change our position

The interesting point is he has already turned down a £20k/week contract supposedly

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
After quietly viewing waccoe for the last week or so I finally succumbed and posted on yesterday as I just couldn’t bite my tongue any longer - naively I actually thought I could make some sensible contribution. I just tried to politely point out some of the facts but they really are the most impossible bunch of deluded morons.. They twist everything you say and the minute they started to lose the argument all I got was ***k off ***t face!

Maybe we can arrange a hostage swap. Brighton fans such as yourself to leave Waccoe and in return they take the inbred thickos that have been infesting NSC recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here