Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If we finish 2 places below you based on your average finishing places we will be relegated. The season is also stronger this season. Despite your hate for Leeds they are a big club alongside Fulham. My point being this season has the makings of being a stronger division compared to last season. I wouldn't count your chickens for certain survival either.

I suppose Leeds are a 'big club', but just like lots of other 'big clubs' coming up into the premier league, they forget that there are six absolutely GIANT clubs waiting to squash them under their feet. The newly arrived 'big clubs' think their big-ness is on a par with the very best, but these 'big clubs' are but insignificant gnats in the face of the giant clubs.

You don't compete in the premier league just by being a 'big club', you compete by getting the basics right, the recruitment spot on, the tactics effective, the team spirit high and the mentality just right. No reason Leeds and Bielsa can't do that, indeed I fully expect Bielsa to understand this and to keep Leeds up *relatively* comfortably, a la Newcastle under Benitez and Bruce these past three years.

But 'big club'-ness is an irrelevance in the face of the true giants of English football.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
1) We have 19 year old Ryan Edmondson on loan and 27yr old De bock are the notable ones. The one that has a future is Edmondson the other is running down his contract and will be released. The point is our future youth of 19+ have all had first team league game time, Shackleton has already had 41 appearances at 19 years old, Edmondson has had game time this season too. White was 21 when he came to Leeds and you never gave him one game. Our average age of our first team is 24, Yours is close to 27. Had White been around 19yrs old I would get it but he was 21 and lets be honest you already have some centre backs in front of him so he had no chance last season to try and force competition. Apparently Potter is still wanting to take a look at him in pre season before he decides to give White a better contract, is this true?

2)You don't need to worry about Bielsa. He is not stalling on any contract, its just not top of his list right now as he wanted to put his team first to enjoy promotion. If he had no intentions of signing he would have already gone but he is still in Wetherby having photos with the fans and training his team. He is signing no need to be threatened about that.

Unfortunately when we were in the championship we had to release a lot of our younger players, Why? you may ask. Answer its too much of a step up to the Premier League.

Everytime you step up, the realisation that is is so much harder than before hits you.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
1) We have 19 year old Ryan Edmondson on loan and 27yr old De bock are the notable ones. The one that has a future is Edmondson the other is running down his contract and will be released. The point is our future youth of 19+ have all had first team league game time, Shackleton has already had 41 appearances at 19 years old, Edmondson has had game time this season too. White was 21 when he came to Leeds and you never gave him one game. Our average age of our first team is 24, Yours is close to 27. Had White been around 19yrs old I would get it but he was 21 and lets be honest you already have some centre backs in front of him so he had no chance last season to try and force competition. Apparently Potter is still wanting to take a look at him in pre season before he decides to give White a better contract, is this true?

2)You don't need to worry about Bielsa. He is not stalling on any contract, its just not top of his list right now as he wanted to put his team first to enjoy promotion. If he had no intentions of signing he would have already gone but he is still in Wetherby having photos with the fans and training his team. He is signing no need to be threatened about that.
I
Thank you for answering, I have tried with the other Leeds fans but they must be JCL's or plastics as they have not answered. With regards to the first question, the two you have named are not the ones who I am talking about. I am interested in Leif Davies with what your fellow fans say by sending a player out on loan means you don't want him. Why is that?

With regards to Bielsa I hope he does sign a new contract, It will be interesting to see how he does. Do you not agree with me that there is a lot of hype regarding him, but when you look at his track record it not up to much, in fact I would say Potter has a comparable track record to Bielsa. 5 minor trophies, and 1 championship ( poorest in last 6 years) is not a lot for someone who has been around as long as he has. Your fans are saying he made White the player he is, if so why are you loaning out players? Oh yes you don't want them. If Bielsa is as good as you say why did he not take White earlier?
I see some of you fans also saying that Bielsaball takes weeks to learn, if so with pre season started are you worried that you have no new players, so far all you have done is kept your Championship winning team minus the most important player, are you not worried, or are you deluded enough to think there is not a lot of difference between the Championship and premier league.Maybe you could answer those other questions.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Waccoe would disagree...

5. "But it's the Premier League, boo-hoo, all the other players are just sooooo good…"

As I've said before, I really don't believe it's all that and it's certainly nowt to be feared. "But we'll get less chances and need to be far more clinical and others are more likely to take all of theirs." For what it's worth, we'll need to be more clinical anyway, but I anticipate we'll create just as many chances, if not more, and by dominating the ball still end up ceding relatively few. As a quick reminder, against Arsenal in spite of that tougher second half, we maintained 59% total possession, created 18 shots with 6 on target (above our average Championship return), and despite our back 5 containing 3 back-ups (Meslier, Douglas, Berardi) we managed to concede just the 1 scrappy goal. Grow a bloody backbone, believe in this team, and don't believe the PL hype!

It's interesting that is the prevailing attitude for most "big clubs" that get promoted these days. Fulham mates felt the same until they conceded that actually their defence was so poor they didn't stand a chance - a team who gained 5 less points than Leeds managed this year. Villa supporting fan went from we play good football and have a better squad than most of the bottom half to "CHRIST THIS IS DIFFICULT!" by September. And just to add to that point Norwich who were absolutely dire

[tweet]1122232475458199552[/tweet]

I get that Bielsa is a very good manager and they are a one city club, but they currently only have 8 defenders, half of which have made less than 10 appearances for Leeds and are 21 or under. At the other end of the pitch they only have 3 strikers, 2 of which are 21 or younger and the other is Patrick Bamford.

Everyone knows that Bielsa's teams play at a ridiculously high-intensity, it is often why they trail off towards the end of the season (the break helped this year). They do not currently have the squad to play that way in a higher division and they have little chance anyway of "dominating the ball" against at least half of the league. The other half will invite them to do so and they'll find it a lot harder to break down. They could stay up and have a pretty good season but all this chat as if it is an easier league than the Championship is just insane.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I’d like to know how Fulham are considered a big club.

I remember them doing well in a European cup once and having 30+ seasons in the top flight. Is that all it takes?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I‘ve watched his ‘best of’ highlights before, he seems to have everything, I love the way he makes opponents fall over, again and again.

What a shame for Leeds.

You can see how he almost single handily got Leeds promoted and that his absence next season is, in all reality, going to get them relegated.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You can see how he almost single handily got Leeds promoted and that his absence next season is, in all reality, going to get them relegated.

There’re in an awful catch22. Hand over to us their full PL £105m, buy/loan no one else, then sink. Or possibly sink anyway without White.

Then there’s the obstacle of TB who’ll likely refuse anyway.

Post-promotion can be stressful. I recall a summer of NSC angst in 2017. Poor Leeds.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
You are out of touch with things. You concentrate on hovering around a point or so above relegation with your great youth system and we will worry about our transfers. You had a good offer for Ben White but have stuck a laughable £50m tag on him. No one else has come in for him. Id have taken the money Leeds offered but your chairman spat his dummy out because he didnt want to sell him to us. What a guy!!

What part of ‘ HE’S NOT FOR SALE’ is it that you don’t understand. You were loaded a player by a higher club who helped you get promotion and the player gained some more experience and had his development helped. We are grateful for your help and you should be grateful for us lending him to you. It’s a bit rude having had player loaned to you with the understanding that he’s to come back to Brighton to then pursue him like you have.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
What part of ‘ HE’S NOT FOR SALE’ is it that you don’t understand. You were loaded a player by a higher club who helped you get promotion and the player gained some more experience and had his development helped. We are grateful for your help and you should be grateful for us lending him to you. It’s a bit rude having had player loaned to you with the understanding that he’s to come back to Brighton to then pursue him like you have.

Mate, you're banging your head against a brick wall, they really don't get it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
You have just contradicted yourself. So you will probably sign 3 or 4 players whilst you are also implying that Leeds will only have this team but now without White? You do know we now have around £180m in promotion money now. Leeds are not daft and will have to sign players to compete. Bielsa will attract decent stock without costing the earth. Spending £100m doesn't guarantee you success, any Villa fan will tell you that.

It’s been reported that you’ve already lost £40 on promotion bonuses and a player you don’t want, not the best start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You are out of touch with things. You concentrate on hovering around a point or so above relegation with your great youth system and we will worry about our transfers. You had a good offer for Ben White but have stuck a laughable £50m tag on him. No one else has come in for him. Id have taken the money Leeds offered but your chairman spat his dummy out because he didnt want to sell him to us. What a guy!!
Lol.

You are the only one spitting the dummy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To quote the inmates of Bellend Road last time we visited............

'You'll fook it oop'
'You'll fook it oop'
'You'll fook it oop'
'You'll fook it oop'
'You'll fook it oop'

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
White was our number one target yes. We made him in to the player he is now otherwise you would've not loaned a £50m player out in the first place. We had never heard of White a year ago and was worried initially as he was Jansson's replacement. He absolutely loved his time with Leeds, his best friend plays at Leeds and wants him there. I just feel that he may be disappointed that we couldnt get him, you never gave him that chance, we did. No one knows if his potential will carry on improving with Brighton. It may do but it may not. You play a different style to Leeds and he was coached by one of the best in the business.

Even if every word there is right, he’ll still never play for you again.
You must be absolutely gutted, but, you’re all putting a brave face on it , aren’t you?
Not much more to say really, thanks for the potential 50 million pounds, we’ll be sure to give you some credit. Thanks Leeds.

Suckers.:D:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here