Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You are out of touch with things. You concentrate on hovering around a point or so above relegation with your great youth system and we will worry about our transfers. You had a good offer for Ben White but have stuck a laughable £50m tag on him. No one else has come in for him. Id have taken the money Leeds offered but your chairman spat his dummy out because he didnt want to sell him to us. What a guy!!

Ben is NOT FOR SALE. There is no 50m price tag.
Now **** off back to the leeds forums and stop peddling your gutter press rumours on here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are out of touch with things. You concentrate on hovering around a point or so above relegation with your great youth system and we will worry about our transfers. You had a good offer for Ben White but have stuck a laughable £50m tag on him. No one else has come in for him. Id have taken the money Leeds offered but your chairman spat his dummy out because he didnt want to sell him to us. What a guy!!

Brighton have not mentioned any price tag.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Ha. Oh dear me. We stuck a laughable £50m on the player that ALL of your support and your players recognise as being the single biggest contributor to the end of your 16 year wait for PL football. You bid £20m for a player we rated at £30m and you’re now bleating that we should be MADE to sell him to you for your proposed £22m “improved” bid.

He’s now £50m BECAUSE of you and your ridiculous showboating, hashtagging and shit stirring.

He’s our player. It’s up to us how much we sell him for or whether we deter smaller teams like Leeds with a price beyond your finances.

Why don’t you develop your own talent and get your filthy mitts off our players?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

We don't "concentrate on hovering a point or so above relegation", Our owner who has spunked nearly half a billion of his money to build what we have and get the squad/academy to this level, has made it his stated aim of finishing consistently in the top ten. We did ok the first season for a newly promoted club with a lot of championship + new, cheaper purchase option players........ the season after, our second (and Hughtons last) we went backwards and yes we just survived. Our owner fired Hughton for 3 reasons, we were playing dull defensive football, He was going backwards and he wasn't giving a path to the academy players, none of whom were being picked. Thus why Potter, who plays attacking football, is renowned at developing and giving opportunities to academy players was brought in on the recommendation of Dan Ashworth (former director of Elite performance at the FA and now our director of football - equiv to Orta).

It was Potters first season at this level and he inherited Hughtons low in morale squad with a good few recruitment flops (like your Augustin) who were in the 15-20 million range, but simply not good enough.
The playing style change Potter has implemented, has been a total sea change, the youngsters are being developed and are getting their chance, all of this is falls into the owners stated ambition.

Finishing 15th on 41 points, considering the season before was an improvement, And Brighton fans are far more realistic about the challenges of the league and recruitment.

You really think you're going to get every transfer right, waltz into the PL, Bamford + some guy from the Swiss league will bag a load and you'll be comfortably top half,just because Bielsa is sitting on a bucket? You'd do well to finish out of the bottom 3 in the first year and build from there, but in this magical world you live in you think Leeds are some big player or major name waiting to slot back into the top 10, when the reality is you are neither. You will live or die by your first team performance and your recruitment and nothing else can or will save you.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The coming season won't be any stronger than the one gone.

None of the teams coming up are anything special to make it stronger.

No but I think there is a point that the Premier League has been more insulated from the financial shock of not being able to have matchday income than other leagues due to the TV money, so I can see decent players from decent foreign leagues looking at the Premier League as a financial safe haven and foreign clubs using player sales to ride out the storm.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The latter part of that is completely true. Well, trying to f... Us up. Our season does not hang on Ben White. As you lot are saying he is untested in the prem, what if the step up is too big for him? His price will fall. All very possible. The money we offered was also a massive gamble to us.

Eh? Your season doesn’t rely on Leeds signing a player that is universally recognised as the best player at Leeds last term?

Oh, that’s good then. We can stop all this feckwittery with.hundreds of posts on NSC, WACCOE and Twitter from lovelorn Leeds fans begging White to stage a dirty protest in Blooms office until he agrees to sell.

At last your fans seem to be realising that Ben White will not be signing for you. I imagine you’re about to start posting that you didn’t want him in the first place.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If we finish 2 places below you based on your average finishing places we will be relegated. The season is also stronger this season. Despite your hate for Leeds they are a big club alongside Fulham. My point being this season has the makings of being a stronger division compared to last season. I wouldn't count your chickens for certain survival either.

Every season is always going to be stronger than the last in the Premier League according to fans, it rarely works out that way in reality though. Out of 3 teams coming up you normally get one that does well, the other Two struggle and other teams struggle who are already up there?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
You are out of touch with things.

OK mate, I’d say your lot are more likely to be ‘out of touch’ with your recent history in the lower leagues

You concentrate on hovering around a point or so above relegation with your great youth system and we will worry about our transfers.

Thank you. Our long-term investment in the youth system is coming together nicely now, (these things do take time – y’know, like the 6 years or so Ben White has been with us), so with that in addition to becoming established in the premier league and the evolution of our squad, we are now aiming a little higher (mid-table & a potential push for top 10 for now)

With that clock ticking, you really do need to worry about your transfers. That money for coming up doesn’t go far when other clubs know you have it and are getting desperate to improve a championship squad.

You had a good offer for Ben White but have stuck a laughable £50m tag on him.

Good for which party? It’s below Brighton’s valuation and that’s all that matters (he’s NOT FOR SALE, so only a ridiculous offer will secure him).

There has been no price tag slapped on him by the club by the way – that’s just speculation because he’s NOT FOR SALE

. No one else has come in for him.

Good – HE’S NOT FOR SALE

. Id have taken the money Leeds offered but your chairman spat his dummy out because he didnt want to sell him to us.

I don’t think I’m alone in being grateful that you’re not the person making the decision.

How come you see ‘spat his dummy out’ rather than simply turning down offers for a player who is NOT FOR SALE? If I offer you £500 for your car and you say no, have you spat your dummy?

. What a guy!!

He really is. He’s a very successful businessman and lifelong fan. You should read up on what he’s done for the club and the foundations that he has laid for the future, rather than spunking money on unsustainable transfers and wages for a flash-in-the-pan exciting couple of seasons.

If you took the time to find out about our club and how well run it is, you’d understand why Radrizzani looks to the Brighton model as one to emulate

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Getting personal is your style I see? What part of the fact that there are weeks and weeks of the transfer window left DON'T you understand?!!
I guess a couple of things in your favour is that you haven't used the word 'deluded' which seems to be the word of the month on here and that you haven't told me Bielsa is definitely not going to sign a contract.
I suppose 7 weeks until Transfer Deadline Day could just about be described as *weeks and weeks* but if I were a Leeds fan I'd be looking to break the back of the transfer requirements very soon.

Best crack on !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The latter part of that is completely true. Well, trying to f... Us up. Our season does not hang on Ben White. As you lot are saying he is untested in the prem, what if the step up is too big for him? His price will fall. All very possible. The money we offered was also a massive gamble to us.

Less than 4 weeks till the first game............you lot need to get a wiggle on if you're not going to start the season with a squad that's worse than the one you won a poor championship with. And yes, it's a calculated gamble on our part not to sell him too - he may not make the step up and we'll be left to offload him to a lower league club. However, he might make the step up and be worth double in a year or two....who knows. Our player development people obviously have a view on that, and as for gambling, I hear our Chairman isn't afraid to take a calculated punt now and again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Less than 4 weeks till the first game............you lot need to get a wiggle on if you're not going to start the season with a squad that's worse than the one you won a poor championship with. And yes, it's a calculated gamble on our part not to sell him too - he may not make the step up and we'll be left to offload him to a lower league club. However, he might make the step up and be worth double in a year or two....who knows. Our player development people obviously have a view on that, and as for gambling, I hear our Chairman isn't afraid to take a calculated punt now and again.

The thing with this weak argument that we gambled by turning down £20m, is that it suggests we risk 'losing' (all of) that figure, if White doesn't cope effortlessly with the rigours of the premier league. It suggests that the valuation is all based on potential, and could evaporate.

Thing is - that's patently bollocks. The spread of White's value is not £0 to £60m+. Just by what he has ALREADY PROVEN he can do at the top end of the Championship, he is already worth a guaranteed £15m or so, to an ambitious Championship club. The spread is £15m to £60m+

By turning down the Leeds bid, we are 'risking' no more than £5m, and stand to gain up to ten times that. Those are not odds that are going to tempt Tony Bloom*

*or anybody with a brain, frankly.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
The coming season won't be any stronger than the one gone.

None of the teams coming up are anything special to make it stronger.

Waccoe would disagree...

5. "But it's the Premier League, boo-hoo, all the other players are just sooooo good…"

As I've said before, I really don't believe it's all that and it's certainly nowt to be feared. "But we'll get less chances and need to be far more clinical and others are more likely to take all of theirs." For what it's worth, we'll need to be more clinical anyway, but I anticipate we'll create just as many chances, if not more, and by dominating the ball still end up ceding relatively few. As a quick reminder, against Arsenal in spite of that tougher second half, we maintained 59% total possession, created 18 shots with 6 on target (above our average Championship return), and despite our back 5 containing 3 back-ups (Meslier, Douglas, Berardi) we managed to concede just the 1 scrappy goal. Grow a bloody backbone, believe in this team, and don't believe the PL hype!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

What an idiot you are. Spat his dummy out ffs.

He can afford to tell your little team to **** off, he has done, why don't you?

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
I stay away from conversation in general on this forum cos I'm a bloody wind up merchant and don't wanna be arguing with fellow Seagulls. However, I've just joined the Leeds forum :albion2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What an idiot you are. Spat his dummy out ffs.

He can afford to tell your little team to **** off, he has done, why don't you?

He's right though. Anyone who turns down a transfer offer from the mighty Leeds has spat their dummy out and been really mean. Or at least that is how the more pathetic element of their fanbase see it (I assume there must be some who understand that this is how the transfer market works).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here