Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beat Blackburn or beat Arsenal?

Who would you rather beat?

• Total voters

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Arsenal. I'd love a good cup run and wouldn't mind sacrificing one league game out of 46 for it. I'm not convinced Blackburn will be playoff rivals come May anyway.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely!! If we beat Arsenal one of more of our players will be labelled a heroes, great exposure for us. If we don't beat Blackburn we still have plenty of time to make the play-offs.

Indeed. Leaving aside the 'glory' aspect of it the club's profile gets boosted. This generates more interest locally (we still need to sell out all the additional seats) and nationally also helps 'sell' the club to any prospective summer signings. A win over Blackburn ain't going to do that - plus you know we'll squander the advantage by conceeding two injury time goals at home to Palace to turn a win into a defeat! That's what happens over the course of a season.

Jul 20, 2003
Do you remember that day we beat Blackburn? ............. yeah what fantastic day that was

Do you remember that day we beat Arsenal? ............ No, I was waiting for the Blackburn game

f***ing idiots

Jul 20, 2003
Christ on a f***ing bike ..... is this site 70% populated with avaricious children? Knock Arsenal out of the cup OR nick a couple of points from some incompetent chicken farmers? Honestly ..... you people offend me.

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
I'd rather win the cup than get promoted this season so I'll vote arsenal. Of course I would take either, or both :). Personally I feel we need another season to prepare properly for survival in the premiership.

Agree with this...... Dont need to go up this year so a good cup run seems a better option then promotion next year with a more consolidated team......

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Amazed that opinion is so divided. We have dropped too many winnable points in the league and need to start winning most games and make a big push. Would love to beat Arsenal, would really love it (and as it happens think we may just do it!), but we are not going to win the cup, so promotion for me and then we play Arsenal twice a year!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Blackburn all day long.

I’m not sure when I stopped caring about the Cup. The year Man Utd went on holiday instead of playing in it. When the league programme doesn’t stop for the final or that we haven’t had an underdog go and win it for years on end like Coventry or Wimbledon (Name me the last memorable final). The fact teams like Reading put out the reserves and Dave Kitson comes out and says FA Cup ‘’Meh’’. The empty grounds at 80% of ties because the manager of any given team does not care which feeds directly to the stands. The list goes on.

I’m impressed, however, that the likes of @Brovian still care about it – What I do know is one of the most gutted feelings I’ve had after a game was when we lost 2-3 at home to Liverpool AET when Ian Rush banged in the winner (92?). Small and Bryne were magnificent that night and we looked like a top tier team in waiting only losing out in the play off final to Notts county (Then we sold all our best players bought Mark Farrington and went down the next season). I really thought we were going to win when we were 2-1 up and the devastation after we lost I remember to this day. If we lose against Arsenal on Saturday – So f***ing what? It’s a shame that the once ‘’World greatest cup competition’’ is reduced to being a bit better than the Capital one cup. Blame the FA.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Blackburn all day long.

I’m not sure when I stopped caring about the Cup. The year Man Utd went on holiday instead of playing in it.

You allow Man Utd (not being in it) as a reason to stop you caring about the FA Cup?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You allow Man Utd not being in it to stop you caring about the FA Cup?

Yeah. You put a poll on here asking people their top 5 draws in the cup. I bet 90% of people will include Man U in thier answers. Like it or not they are one of the biggest draws and if we get promoted it will be one of, if not the first games to sell out.

Take them out of the FA cup and what have you got? A competition that is becoming 2nd rate and Mickey mouse. Everyone wants to scalp them.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
ARSENAL. I am genuinely surprised there is such a majority in favour of Blackburn. The reality is we are 10/1 for promotion with the bookies. The year we beat Man City, who can remember a single League game without looking it up?

Plus, if we beat Arsenal we get more money, more profile to attract better players. We are more likely to go up.

PG

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Definitely Arsenal. Am quite happy if we don't make the playoffs this year but beating a top (sort of anyway) Prem team would be pretty sweet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here